Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 07:03 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The government of the United States of America is not a business. It exists to serve the people it represents by virtue of election, not to make money and secure power for those in leadership positions and their unelected associates.

Trump's efforts to distort and deform our government for his own purposes do not change that.
If the govt. is not a business, than why does it collect taxes, track expenditures and issue debt? Why does it hire and pay employees ? Why is it in debt by 21+ Trillion? Are you saying it is supposed to be a non-profit business? I'd argue it is probably the largest business on the planet. Reality check - table 5.

Quote:
It exists to serve the people it represents by virtue of election, not to make money and secure power for those in leadership positions and their unelected associates.
That is what it supposed to be and what Trump is trying to achieve. That is why they are fighting so hard against him. They have a lot to lose - he doesn't, and that scares the hel* out of them.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You think the crazy guy is playing 3d political chess?

He’s a crazy guy who wanted to terrorize trump critics. It’s that simple.
I have no idea, none of us really do except for the nutcase himself. The whole thing is just plain strange

Old 10-27-2018, 07:06 AM

718 posts, read 599,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have no idea, none of us really do except for the nutcase himself. The whole thing is just plain strange
I'd garner that his steroid use has fractured logical thinking processes.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:07 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
How would you know?
Did you miss the photo of the two pudgy middle-aged guys wearing matching T-shirts reading "I'd rather be Russian than a Democrat" and cheering for their orange hero at one of his "rallies"?

Trumpites.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep an extremist nut job of a supporter/worshipper but a Trump supporter none the less. Funny how if this was a Democrat doing this to Trump, Kavanaugh, Collins, McConnell, etc. those claiming false flag would say they represent the left like when Scalise got shot.
I am not taking sides on this one, just wish we would know what this is all about and his true motive so close to the election. That is all I am saying. Like many, at first I did think it was a left wing set up to get attention: they when he was captured yesterday, I thought: HOLY S__T he is a right wing nut. Now I am totally confused until we learn move which I am sure will not happen. Regardless, no one was hurt thank God and the guy in behind bars. That is the most important part of all this; not who is responsible for it.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I doubt we will ever get the whole story. I hope I am wrong. At this stage, on the surface he does seem like some kind of a nut that happens to be a Trump worshiper but I can't see anyone being that in your face to do what was done so close to the election. What would be accomplished?
You're assuming he thinks logically and with foresight concerning the likely results of his actions. He's not like you or me - despite our political differences, we are sane. He is not - just hope he doesn't get off on an insanity plea.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-27-2018 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-27-2018, 07:11 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,248 times
Quote:
Oh for heavens sake, that is such a crock of bull: the guy has a huge criminal record. This has nothing to do with Trump and his speeches. The guy could have been a Trump lover, a set up, a person out to get attention, or a million other things. The simple truth: he is a nut and there are a lot of others out there we all know that. The important thing now is: he is locked up and no one was hurt. That is all that matters.

He sent a bomb to CNN based SOLELY on Trump speech. Hate of the media is something that Trump alone has created this fervor over. He is solely responsible for that. Hate of Clinton/Obama/Soros has been stoked for a long time before Trumps arrival but he definitely has added to it.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:11 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
I am not taking sides on this one, just wish we would know what this is all about and his true motive so close to the election. That is all I am saying. Like many, at first I did think it was a left wing set up to get attention: they when he was captured yesterday, I thought: HOLY S__T he is a right wing nut. Now I am totally confused until we learn move which I am sure will not happen. Regardless, no one was hurt thank God and the guy in behind bars. That is the most important part of all this; not who is responsible for it.
He’s a crazy guy inspired by trump and the heat of the election. Not everything is a conspiracy. Not everything is something deeper. Most of the time the simple answer is the correct one.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They're effective.... aren't they.
Define "effective" (in regard to Trump's rallies, sorry the previous message to which you commented won't attach here for comprehension and continuity).

Old 10-27-2018, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Effective for spreading anger and hatred to those who attend.
People can think for themselves, given the evidence presented to them.
Countering evidence is always helpful, to sway an effective prosecutor
Truth can only anger the guilty and they sure hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies