Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 10:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,670,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I teach high school, Cheech. If you think most people can't tell teenagers, particularly 13/14/15 year-olds from 25/30/35/40 year-olds, the effects of your blessed chemical on your brain are more severe than I estimated.

I see the effects of this garbage on kids in that age range every single day. And most here understand that. Not only do they not want their kids using this garbage, they don't want them to grow up to be users, either. And for good reason.
Legalizing ALL drugs and regulating them would actually be the safest thing to do.

Keeping drugs illegal only benefits the drug cartels and makes it very dangerous, drugs could be laced with anything under the sink!

Old 10-28-2018, 10:37 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,337,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I teach high school, Cheech. If you think most people can't tell teenagers, particularly 13/14/15 year-olds from 25/30/35/40 year-olds, the effects of your blessed chemical on your brain are more severe than I estimated.

I see the effects of this garbage on kids in that age range every single day. And most here understand that. Not only do they not want their kids using this garbage, they don't want them to grow up to be users, either. And for good reason.
I know you're a teacher, and thus you have your agenda. That is quite obvious.

You don't want kids to grow up being cannabis users? Fine. But you are not going to accomplish that through prohibition. Period. In fact, it actually hurts your cause. I know that because I have learned from history. As a teacher I am surprised you have not learned that yourself.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:48 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,627,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since drug laws are unconstitutional to begin with...wouldnt this be exactly what we should expect people to do..disobey, refuse to comply?

After reading a lengthy piece on the drug laws not being constitutional, I made some changes, I will NO LONGER contact police if I see drug dealing or drug behavior, Ive also talked to the employees at work about this and encouraged them to do the same. (we see alot of drug deals in our parking lots, as its convenient meeting place).
Do you think environmental laws are unconstitutional?

Old 10-28-2018, 10:50 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,627,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Of course. We can exchange links that point to dubious science, biased, or bought and paid-for "studies" all day long. It accomplishes nothing. Neither side of the debate is about to be swayed.

I say forget links to Internet studies. Use reality instead. The unfortunate reality is that prohibition is much more harmful than the plant itself could ever be.
You keep talking about reality. You’re talking about your perception of reality. The real facts, evidence, and statistics that reflect actual reality are set forth in all the studies I post.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,266,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I sometimes post on the very bad impact of drug legalization, such as increased car crashes and ED visits. I was talking to a friend in the medical field and she mentioned the massive increase in drop out rates in states that legalized drugs. I had not heard of this (media blackout?) but I did some research and found it to be true:

https://www.evms.edu/about_evms/admi...opout-rate.php

We agreed to let states set marijuana policy for a few years without federal interference because we want to use states as laboratories and get some data. The data are in and they stink. I don’t know how any parent in America can support this based on the above study and all the negative impact we are seeing as a result of legalization. The experiment has failed. Time to lock American’s dangerous drugs back in the cabinet.
Stand by for the stoners to attack you and that study.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,266,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If you drink alcohol yet support the continuing prohibition of marijuana you are a hypocrite.
And the usual defensive “yeah but alcohol” rant.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,571,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If you drink alcohol yet support the continuing prohibition of marijuana you are a hypocrite.
Exactly. And I guarantee you that some of the most vocal opponents of legalization drink alcohol frequently, or even daily.

Just what we need, a bunch of drunks telling us of the dangers of marijuana.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Do you think environmental laws are unconstitutional?
Thats a different animal altogether...environmental laws do not benefit criminal organizations.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And the usual defensive “yeah but alcohol” rant.
Well, its a great point...we have tried prohibition style laws with alcohol...it didnt work...it didnt take long for them to realize this either. same exact thing with marijuana and other drug laws, its prohibition style laws, targeting access.

Why try something that is has been proven to fail? (maybe because thats not the ultimate goal, but thats a different thread).

Old 10-28-2018, 10:58 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,337,801 times
Quote:
You keep talking about reality. You’re talking about your perception of reality. The real facts, evidence, and statistics that reflect actual reality are set forth in all the studies I post.
Your perception of reality on this subject includes "Marijuana use causes people to kill babies and eat people's faces off."

That's all that needs to be said. It is pretty easy for most of us to determine who's perception of reality is closer to actual reality.

Not to mention that I have 47 years of experience with the plant while you have exactly zero years of experience with it. It's quite bizarre how 47 years of experience with a plant and its legality is completely disregarded if the experience is related to cannabis.

Last edited by Raddo; 10-28-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies