Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I was one of those typical college liberals voting for social justice the past few elections. I finally joined the workforce and cry every time the government takes a grand from each pay check. I can only imagine how worse it’ll get if dems are in power. Never ever voting dem again.
Welcome to the workforce! Those who are not dependent on federal handouts (unless they are an oligarch) tend to move away from the democrat party. Too bad it is not like the democrat party of Harry Truman; if so, I would be a democrat.

You can still impact the less fortunate through direct donations/volunteer work, which is more beneficial to those in need.

Medicare and Social Security plans are government benefits that do actually help reduce poverty rates and should be supported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 10:57 AM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Great that is what food stamps are for.

Yes let those kids starve because of their parents poor decisions. What could go wrong. BTW, if we are talking about welfare (as opposed to food stamps), you do not get an increased benefit for having additional children. Also, due to the 1994 Welfare Reform Act you have a life time limit of 5 years of welfare. No one is getting rich of welfare or food stamps.

I never said he did. What I said and continue to say, is that begrudging others benefits you took yourself is hypocritical. And it is.
You can't have it both ways. First, you go after the OP for taking EBT during a time in his life when he was struggling. Now you cry about kids who are born to irresponsible parents. So what is your solution to the problem of people breeding irresponsibly? I seriously doubt that all those kids are going to starve. We have schools that automatically give free breakfast and free lunch to every kid. That said, it's despicable when people bring kids into the world all the while knowing that they can't afford to take care of them. If, despite giving kids free breakfasts and lunches, they have nothing to eat for dinner, CPS needs to look into the home situation.

BTW, I'm sure you know that Obama gutted Bill Clinton's welfare reform program.

https://agriculture.house.gov/news/d...ocumentID=4330

There are other links if you don't like the above one.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:01 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
I was one of those typical college liberals voting for social justice the past few elections. I finally joined the workforce and cry every time the government takes a grand from each pay check. I can only imagine how worse it’ll get if dems are in power. Never ever voting dem again.
lol, cool so you started paying taxes and made the fatal error of thinking Repubs will help you.

Big hint mate, Repubs wrote the last tax bill THEY and THEY alone are the folks taxing you.

Funny how you want to pretend liberals are taxing you , when it was Trump , Ryan , Mitch who gave away massive tax breaks to the likes of me while dropping the hammer on you...

Old 11-07-2018, 12:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Way too go. The republicans stink too but there are still a few conservatives who actually believe in small government and don't want government to raise you from cradle to grave like you're a child.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lol, cool so you started paying taxes and made the fatal error of thinking Repubs will help you.

Big hint mate, Repubs wrote the last tax bill THEY and THEY alone are the folks taxing you.

Funny how you want to pretend liberals are taxing you , when it was Trump , Ryan , Mitch who gave away massive tax breaks to the likes of me while dropping the hammer on you...
The republican tax bill made it so MOST Americans are taxed less. Funny how you want to pretend your post is the truth.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
When I was younger and more naive, I dabbled in Libertarianism. That idea that everything can be privatized is such a massive joke. If you think special interests and cronyism is bad now, you can’t even imagine what that would look like when all aspects of the government are run for a quick profit.
We the people can fight the private sector. Service is bad, we go some place else. That's what we do

It isn't about profit as to what matters to the consumer. That's just what jealous people think. It's about a quality product for a fair price. THAT is what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies