Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 08:48 AM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
If you can't see for yourself what is going on, nothing I could show or tell you would convince you otherwise. So I won't waste your time or mine.

In other words, you have nothing but the usual stereotypical view, that seems to be identical for all Republican presidents. GHW Bush, Reagan,GW Bush and now Trump, have all been accused of the same things, greedy, money grubbing, self promoting rich guys, who were only out to empower themselves. All the Democratic president were altruistic, selfless, charitable and noble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 08:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And let's be absolutely positively clear on this point.......

The Mueller Investigation had just about disappeared off the front pages. Trump and his administration brought it back to the front page.
Now let's do some analysis on that one. WHY did the Mueller investigation disappear -and make no mistake - it did.

Could it be because we've wasted two years and he has nothing on Trump?

Old 11-08-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
It depends. If the DoJ is performing an investigation of an individual, publicly commenting on the guilt or innocence of that person before the investigation is out-of-bounds. Repeating general policy goals during the course of an investigation "I oppose drug crime" is vastly different from "I think Wapasha is guilty of a drug crime."
Or if they said they don't believe that I am involved in drug crimes?

I get what you are saying. However, simply having an opinion about the investigation is not grounds for recusal.

Everyone at this level of politics has sometime, somewhere, in public or private, made a comment regarding their personal opinion concerning the Mueller investigation. Are only the people who are supportive of the investigation qualified?

Old 11-08-2018, 08:58 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
In other words, you have nothing but the usual stereotypical view, that seems to be identical for all Republican presidents. GHW Bush, Reagan,GW Bush and now Trump, have all been accused of the same things, greedy, money grubbing, self promoting rich guys, who were only out to empower themselves. All the Democratic president were altruistic, selfless, charitable and noble.
I voted for GW Bush in 2004 and also for Mitt Romney in 2012. Comparing Trump to either Bush is ludicrous.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Now let's do some analysis on that one. WHY did the Mueller investigation disappear -and make no mistake - it did.

The thing is, if Trump knows he is innocent of any charges of Russian collusion, and his brand new AG says "Sorry pal, I cannot defend your Rights against people in government bringing false witness against you, to try to assassinate your character and reputation. You''ll have to just swing in the wind. But thanks for the position as Attorney General."

The president has every right to expect the same level of protections from his AG that everyone gets.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:02 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Or if they said they don't believe that I am involved in drug crimes?

I get what you are saying. However, simply having an opinion about the investigation is not grounds for recusal.

Everyone at this level of politics has sometime, somewhere, in public or private, made a comment regarding their personal opinion concerning the Mueller investigation. Are only the people who are supportive of the investigation qualified?
The whole point of appointing a Special Counsel is to avoid political influence on an independent investigation. By installing a person with publicly espoused partisan views on the Special Counsel's investigation, it undermines the whole point of appointing Special Counsel in the first instance.

The beauty of such an investigation is that, at the end of the day, most people of both sides of the aisle can accept the results of the investigation because they have a well-founded belief that the investigation was done fairly and objectively. That is why the mere perception of partisan influence or oversight is dangerous.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:05 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

It hasn't disappeared. They said they would go silent before the elections and they did.

The investigation is into election interference, and they have been very productive. It has also turned up many additional crimes.

Not exactly a waste of money or time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2018, 09:06 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
The thing is, if Trump knows he is innocent of any charges of Russian collusion, and his brand new AG says "Sorry pal, I cannot defend your Rights against people in government bringing false witness against you, to try to assassinate your character and reputation. You''ll have to just swing in the wind. But thanks for the position as Attorney General."

The president has every right to expect the same level of protections from his AG that everyone gets.
No, the President has the right to hire a personal attorney to defend his rights.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I voted for GW Bush in 2004 and also for Mitt Romney in 2012. Comparing Trump to either Bush is ludicrous.
No, the two men are of vastly different personalities, I was not suggesting that they were. However, the dems still savaged him as they savage Trump in the same ways savaged every Republican president.

Bush was also compared to Hitler, called an idiot, a monkey, a bigot, a misogynist, a racist, a homophobe, etc... and accused of using the presidency to enrich himself and his family and friends.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Bush was also compared to Hitler, called an idiot, a monkey, a bigot, a misogynist, a racist, a homophobe, etc... and accused of using the presidency to enrich himself and his family and friends.

It's fair to say Bush didn't deserve to be hit with those labels. Trump, on the other hand, deserves every one of them, except "monkey." Trump is an idiot (he can barely read and write), he is definitely a bigot, certainly a misogynist, definitely a racist and a homophobe. Use of these words against Trump aren't name-calling, they are objective facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies