Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:17 AM

152 posts, read 99,331 times

Advertisements

Hell, I'm a "liberal" and this pisses me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 12:55 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Bet the same people who find nothing wrong with this poll workers actions would raise high wholly he*l if a voter who couldn't provide proper ID was told to comeback with it before they could vote...

Old 11-09-2018, 01:09 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How warped and out of touch do you have to be to say that displaying an American flag is now "campaigning"?

So the polling places that display an American flag in California (as required by the Election Commision) are now doing it illegally???

Hate-America liberals are descending into new depths of insanity.
Bad Santa accused the vet of supporting Trump. TDS in a Hawaiian shirt.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
What the? The flag of your own country in which you are voting is a symbol of hate? That "volunteer" needs some sense knocked into him.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:53 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Read the flag code.

Just cause people do it doesn't mean it is right. IIRC, GWB autographed a flag for some service men. Not supposed to do that either.

Love how all these patriotic flag wavers have never bothered to read the flag code. Most VA groups have a copy. Or you can find it on the internet.

It was the first thing my Girl Scouts studied. If they were doing flag ceremonies they needed to know about the flag.
Exactly. I learned about this years ago when i wore a Ralph Lauren POLO shirt that had a flag on it, and a co worker informed me about 'flag code' and how this was frowned upon, that was the last time I wore the shirt. I honestly did not know about this beforehand...but I do now.

The other poster was right, LOTS of places will slap the american flag on their clothing, but that doesnt make it any less inappropriate either.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:38 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So turn the shirt inside and out and vote and go home.

Snowflake getting all fired up about an over zealous poll worker.
Allow me to introduce you to this seemingly harmless pot of water. Don't worry that it's on the stove - it's nice and cool, refreshing. Look, you've got some frogs in there to play with. Go on, get in.

Oh, and if you notice that the water gets warmer over time, not to worry, it's just for your comfort.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:51 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Read the flag code.

Just cause people do it doesn't mean it is right. IIRC, GWB autographed a flag for some service men. Not supposed to do that either.

Love how all these patriotic flag wavers have never bothered to read the flag code. Most VA groups have a copy. Or you can find it on the internet.

It was the first thing my Girl Scouts studied. If they were doing flag ceremonies they needed to know about the flag.
How about you read the Flag Code:

Quote:
Any person who, within the District of Columbia, in any manner, for exhibition or display, shall place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing, or any advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America; or shall expose or cause to be exposed to public view any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign upon which shall have been printed, painted, or otherwise placed, or to which shall be attached, appended, affixed, or annexed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, or drawing, or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

...The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

...No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.
You can't wear the flag itself, it doesn't say you can't have a likeness on a piece of clothing, unless you're in the DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies