Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 10:24 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Please. Your post indicates your bias and little else...

res·i·dent
/ˈrez(ə)dənt/Submit
noun
a person who lives somewhere permanently or on a long-term basis.
synonyms: inhabitant, local, citizen, native; More
NORTH AMERICAN
a medical graduate engaged in specialized practice under supervision in a hospital.
adjective
living somewhere on a long-term basis.
"he has been resident in Brazil for a long time"
synonyms: living, residing, in residence; More

im·mi·grant
/ˈiməɡrənt/Submit
noun
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
synonyms: newcomer, settler, migrant, emigrant; More
BIOLOGY
an animal or plant living or growing in a region to which it has migrated.
Translations, word origin, and more definitions

Kindly stop trying to screw up the language to support your right wing myths.
Lol screwing up the language? So did I somehow manipulate dictionary.com into including those terms? You're the one that brought a dictionary into it. Now you seem mad that the dictionary is proving you wrong. And yes the terms immigrant and resident are in there, but we also have this thing in the language called adjectives to distinguish things. Adjectives aren't myths and neither is the law. And notice that it says "permanently" for residents. Illegals aren't here permanently because they are subject to deportation any time, any where.

Do you know any actual legal immigrants? You should probably notify the government that they're espousing right-wing myths by categorizing people as resident aliens. Green cards are right wing myths!

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 11-22-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 10:29 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Your post is a flat out lie. There are lots more illegal aliens coming in by overstaying than coming through the south border. You infected with OG disease? His posts show he has never found a lie he will not repeat multiple times. Yes more of the 11 million are border crossers than overstayers. But the present arrivals and for the last few years have been predominantly overstayers.

You are not working any solutions that deal with the actual problem. What steps do you think are being taken to reduce the 11 milllion? Use 20 million if you like. Makes the problem twice as bad.
Proof? I have seen information that the number of visa overstayers has increased over the years, but nothing showing they're now the majority. This is a lie you pro-illegal extremists made up in your head.

Why are you even asking her about steps to reduce the 11 million? You know if she came up with an answer you're just called her a hateful, anti-immigrant right-wing bigot and dismiss any solutions as either not logistically possible, cold-hearted, or racist.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:30 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Walls help CBP control the border. CBP agents say they would be an effective tool.How have Dims ever reduced incentives? Sanctuary cities, city organized day work sites, giving them driver licenses, including them in public aid, providing ESL courses, spending tax money on their legal defenses, etc. are all things that make life here for illegals easier (that's called an incentive).
CBP agents have said that walls in "some places" would help and they are getting those or did you miss that news? What they don't want is a solid wall that will impede the flow of rivers and streams, and actually cut down on their ability to see what's going on on the other side of the border. CBP agents will also tell you that they want better screening at ports of entry and that most drugs and illegals come in via trucks not rafts across the rio grande.

Illegals don't get public aid, I have no idea what you are talking about when you claim that cities offer organized day work sites and ESL languages are critical to legal immigrants, you want to stop them because OMG an illegal might find their way into one of the classes?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:43 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because they give a fake Social Security number so taxes are withheld from their check but they can't file for a refund or get medicare or Social Security, the money goes into a "suspense fund"
Quote:
They aren't giving "fake" SSN's but existing ones belonging to someone else. An invalid SSN would be flagged on the first deposit.
This made me laugh ...
IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals To Steal Social Security Numbers For Taxes
Quote:
What we learned is that ... the IRS continues to process tax returns with false W-2 information and issue refunds as if they were routine tax returns, and say that's not really our job. We also learned the IRS ignores notifications from the Social Security Administration that a name does not match a Social Security number, and you use your own system to determine whether a number is valid.
Since the IRS doesn't care, begs the question, why should anyone else?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:57 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
You're the one just making stuff up. The children have everything to do with their parents' offenses. Their very existence here is a byproduct of their parents' offenses. I'm not blaming the kids but the kids are costing billions and wouldn't be here if not for there illegal parents.
The u.s. gov can assimilate the children, and deport the adults.

U.S. says 463 migrant parents may have been deported without kids
Quote:
The absence of the 463 parents, which U.S. government lawyers said was “under review,” could impede government efforts to reunite separated families by Thursday, the deadline ordered by a federal judge. The filing did not say why the 463 parents had left the country, but government officials previously acknowledged that some parents had been deported without their children.
So if you are worried about the money that will be spent on taking care of these children, you might want to start writing to some one about it and tell them, the kids need to be deported right along with their parents.

ICE data: Tens of thousands of deported parents have U.S. citizen kids

Old 11-22-2018, 11:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Around 50 years ago I moved for upstate NY to Orange County CA. I rented a house. Moved in and put my kids in the local schools.

Used the freeways extensively and got protection from the Fire Dept and Police.

If one of my kids got hit by a car they would transport them to the local hospital and take care of them without any regard to our ability to pay. In fact my wife at the time failed to wake up one morning and they came and took her to the hospital and worked to save her including neurosurgery. Was a week later before they got around to asking for insurance.

Why is it you think the illegal alien owe something more than I did?
You American citizens? Americans pay taxes partially to help out other Americans, and the occasional emergency for non Americans too. Is there something you are having a problem understanding?

Old 11-22-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, it drips with partisan political gamesmanship, or a lack of understanding on your part of the political games democrats are playing with e-verify.

The democrats have historically been the chief opponents of e-verify, so your point is nonsensical. The facts are, democrats insist on including migrant agriculture worker visas as part of the e-verify legislation, which is something Republicans cannot support because it’s a veiled version of amnesty.

So you’re either being deliberately deceptive, or just don’t understand the issue.
Go look it up for yourself, Republicans refused to vote on e-verify 3 times in the last decade. And it doesn't matter because the states with mandatory e-verify rarely enforce it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arely-enforced

Old 11-22-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
They aren't giving "fake" SSN's but existing ones belonging to someone else. An invalid SSN would be flagged on the first deposit.
Wrong, IRS does nothing about those bad Social Security numbers, they ignore them and. As I said, the money goes in a suspense fund. You have this strange idea that the government actually cares about any of this.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:07 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I am fine with this as long as I don't live there and don't have to pay a single penny of my money towards their healthcare.

" as long as I don't live there and don't have to pay a single penny of my money towards their healthcare"

You ARE!

Old 11-23-2018, 04:15 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens pay contribute $11 billion in taxes (although my sources state that they contribute $19 billion) but they cost us over $100 billion so where's the advantage?
Other then a sales tax, explain HOW they pay these other taxes you claim they pay LEGALLY.

I DOUBT you can.

In order to get a job LEGALLY, you have to have a VALID Social Security number, NOT STEAL A NUMBER, so Social Security taxes and Medicare can be collected from the employer.

In order to FILE your state and federal taxes your VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS REQUIRED.

Illegals CANNOT GET ONE, so do do they pay what you claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies