Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I assume nothing about illegals - stop calling them immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. These are illegals we're discussing here.

Whatever their conditions are, there is a legal way to do this. Entering illegally is completely unfair to those who have come here legally. Newer citizens don't even want to see illegals doing what they do because they still have family waiting to come here.

If we didn't have services for illegals, if there was no aid for them, they wouldn't be coming here in the numbers they do. We cannot save the world - we have our own problems and our own citizens should come first above all others. Period.

You say you're moderate and nothing you've posted has ever indicated that, so based on your posting history, I have to believe you're a liberal who is now posing as something else. And weighing in now about the homeless is a little late and sounds disingenuous.

Americans are dying because they cannot afford insurance - I care more about them.
OK, Anchor baby. You must like how that makes you feel. Yes? We, or at least I am not, discussing how people got here. The discussion is about providing healthcare. I am saying that it is cheaper to do what LA County is doing as opposed to doing nothing like you and others propose.

I did't say I wasn't liberal. I said I was moderate. The Democratic party is a center right in this country. Until you understand that, we will not agree. Besides, most of my postings are jokes. I am not being serious. I am making fun of the posters here. Sorry that is not obvious to you. Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 11:32 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If you are referring to income taxes...how does someone without a social security number pay taxes?
The pro-illegal extremists love to parrot that line about taxes. They're talking about sales tax, which we can get from any random tourist spending a couple hours shopping for souvenirs. We don't need a permanent underclass of illegals for the sales tax. (Never mind that they operate in an underground economy anyway.) $11 billion doesn't come close to making up for what they soak up in services. If they were paying their fair share of income tax, such a group of poor/working class people wouldn't have billions left over to send back to their home countries.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:51 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nice that you use the correct term of illegals or illegal aliens instead of the PC term of undocumented. There is no such term in our immigration law terminology. I wonder why these illegal alien sympathizers refuse to use lawful terminology? Who do they think they are kidding?

I also agree with the rest of your post.
To troll people who disagree with them ?

Old 11-22-2018, 02:17 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The pro-illegal extremists love to parrot that line about taxes. They're talking about sales tax, which we can get from any random tourist spending a couple hours shopping for souvenirs. We don't need a permanent underclass of illegals for the sales tax. (Never mind that they operate in an underground economy anyway.) $11 billion doesn't come close to making up for what they soak up in services. If they were paying their fair share of income tax, such a group of poor/working class people wouldn't have billions left over to send back to their home countries.
True . Tourists spend a lot of money while here.
We do get a lot of tourists but I bet we would get a lot more if we fixed some of our issues . The homeless issue is a huge one for starters .

Good point about all the money that gets sent back . It’s barely ever talked about .

We’ve really been sold out by this corrupt regime running Los Angeles.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:57 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Around 50 years ago I moved for upstate NY to Orange County CA. I rented a house. Moved in and put my kids in the local schools.

Used the freeways extensively and got protection from the Fire Dept and Police.

If one of my kids got hit by a car they would transport them to the local hospital and take care of them without any regard to our ability to pay. In fact my wife at the time failed to wake up one morning and they came and took her to the hospital and worked to save her including neurosurgery. Was a week later before they got around to asking for insurance.

Why is it you think the illegal alien owe something more than I did?
Did you pay?

Old 11-22-2018, 06:05 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is what “progressive “ means . L.A has the nation’s worst homeless crisis and many other issues yet they are expanding benefits to the citizens of other countries that have no legal right to be in this country .

Yes Hilda it’s one of the few in the country because most in the country aren’t stupid enough to reward illegal aliens for breaking our laws .
——
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to expand access to healthcare for residents who do not qualify under the Affordable Care Act, primarily undocumented immigrants.

Supervisor Hilda Solis praised the program as "one of the very few in the entire nation that exists that provides this kind of service.â€

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...mpression=true

" LA County Expands Access to Health Care for Illegal Aliens"

I DON'T think this surprises anyone.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why are you against people receiving healthcare? This system saves money. You just have to understand how it all works.

FYI, if you think local government officials are overpaid because - you just know... There is actually a site where you can verify your beliefs. It is called https://transparentcalifornia.com/ I looked up H Solis and see she was paid $241,000. Not bad.

"Why are you against people receiving healthcare?"

Why are YOU FOR ILLEGALS?

Oh, never mind.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:07 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
At what point is faking an accent and having no ID the preferred way to get government services?
Interesting point.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yes, this post is all about opposing healthcare to a certain type of resident. Are we reading the same post?

Should the undocumented rely on the emergency room at a much higher cost to the taxpayer or should they just die from treatable diseases because people like you don't like them?

I live in a state that contributes $13 billion to the rest of the country. I think it is worth it. Even if it is paying the disability checks that many of the contributors on this site probably receive. Contributors who spend their days bashing my state - their lifeline. I still think we are better off paying you guys than not. So it is not just the undocumented. I also agree with supporting the deplorable classes.

"Should the undocumented rely on the emergency room at a much higher cost to the taxpayer"

The UNDOCUMENTED should be given emergency care THEN DEPORTED!

Old 11-22-2018, 06:09 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because they give a fake Social Security number so taxes are withheld from their check but they can't file for a refund or get medicare or Social Security, the money goes into a "suspense fund"
If the money in that supposed "suspense fund" were all that much, WHY is SS and Medicare still in such financial peril?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies