Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 04:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Advertisements

This is what “progressive “ means . L.A has the nation’s worst homeless crisis and many other issues yet they are expanding benefits to the citizens of other countries that have no legal right to be in this country .

Yes Hilda it’s one of the few in the country because most in the country aren’t stupid enough to reward illegal aliens for breaking our laws .
——
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to expand access to healthcare for residents who do not qualify under the Affordable Care Act, primarily undocumented immigrants.

Supervisor Hilda Solis praised the program as "one of the very few in the entire nation that exists that provides this kind of service.”

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...mpression=true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 04:28 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
All illegals have access to healthcare. Oh wait, I forgot that "access" really means paid for by someone else.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
The first wave of the 6 billion is just south of the US border. There were some people stretching some razor wire. I can't wait to see how the liberal open border folks try to stretch a dollar. We are going to need to start printing them on rubber instead of paper.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:23 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,176 times
At what point is faking an accent and having no ID the preferred way to get government services?

Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
These “supervisors “ and “leaders” in Los Angeles and other liberal swamps have sold the people that elected them out .
Problem is so many think it’s “racist” to be against stuff like this .

I blame the local politicians and officials more than the illegal aliens. It’s these corrupt and overpaid local officials that are allowing them to do this .

So many idiots in this city and country think if you are against this it means you “hate immigrants “ or other nonsense .

Old 11-21-2018, 06:36 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
These “supervisors “ and “leaders” in Los Angeles and other liberal swamps have sold the people that elected them out .
Problem is so many think it’s “racist” to be against stuff like this .

I blame the local politicians and officials more than the illegal aliens. It’s these corrupt and overpaid local officials that are allowing them to do this .

So many idiots in this city and country think if you are against this it means you “hate immigrants “ or other nonsense .
Why are you against people receiving healthcare? This system saves money. You just have to understand how it all works.

FYI, if you think local government officials are overpaid because - you just know... There is actually a site where you can verify your beliefs. It is called https://transparentcalifornia.com/ I looked up H Solis and see she was paid $241,000. Not bad.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why are you against people receiving healthcare? This system saves money. You just have to understand how it all works.

FYI, if you think local government officials are overpaid because - you just know... There is actually a site where you can verify your beliefs. It is called https://transparentcalifornia.com/ I looked up H Solis and see she was paid $241,000. Not bad.
Nice strawman, no one is opposing healthcare for anyone. The argument is against people who havent contributed getting healthcare on someone elses dine.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:54 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Nice strawman, no one is opposing healthcare for anyone. The argument is against people who havent contributed getting healthcare on someone elses dine.
Yes, this post is all about opposing healthcare to a certain type of resident. Are we reading the same post?

Should the undocumented rely on the emergency room at a much higher cost to the taxpayer or should they just die from treatable diseases because people like you don't like them?

I live in a state that contributes $13 billion to the rest of the country. I think it is worth it. Even if it is paying the disability checks that many of the contributors on this site probably receive. Contributors who spend their days bashing my state - their lifeline. I still think we are better off paying you guys than not. So it is not just the undocumented. I also agree with supporting the deplorable classes.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:59 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Wouldn't it save more money if they weren't here to begin with?

Old 11-21-2018, 07:02 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
They already pop out their anchors daily on the dime of legal residents. Why should the theft stop there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies