Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:31 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I assume nothing about illegals - stop calling them immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. These are illegals we're discussing here.

Whatever their conditions are, there is a legal way to do this. Entering illegally is completely unfair to those who have come here legally. Newer citizens don't even want to see illegals doing what they do because they still have family waiting to come here.

If we didn't have services for illegals, if there was no aid for them, they wouldn't be coming here in the numbers they do. We cannot save the world - we have our own problems and our own citizens should come first above all others. Period.

You say you're moderate and nothing you've posted has ever indicated that, so based on your posting history, I have to believe you're a liberal who is now posing as something else. And weighing in now about the homeless is a little late and sounds disingenuous.

Americans are dying because they cannot afford insurance - I care more about them.
We have them because congress won't pass a law that would impose serious sanctions to employers who hire them, and if you are wondering why that might be then you might consider the considerable campaign contributions given to legislators by agriculture, construction, hotel & restaurant and meat and poultry packing industries. If we sent those employers to jail and had mandatory e-verify, the magnet would disappear, but I guess to Trumpkins it's easier to call these people invaders or whatever the pejorative du jour is than to realize that without jobs they wouldn't be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 09:33 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The feds reimburse all states, read ALL STATES for hospital delivery of the baby of illegal aliens. It's not something new and it's not something unique to California and most people are not anxious to see women giving birth on the sidewalk in front of a hospital
You're spot on! Most law abiding conservative citizens prefer to see them hitting up a hospital in Mexico for that function. Once the baby falls out though, it's mission accomplished.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:34 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
This is from 10 years ago when the media was still using the correct term, illegal aliens. At that time, it was estimated there were 300,000 births each year to women here illegally and it didn’t cost them a dime.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal...-your-expense/

Old 11-21-2018, 09:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
We have them because congress won't pass a law that would impose serious sanctions to employers who hire them, and if you are wondering why that might be then you might consider the considerable campaign contributions given to legislators by agriculture, construction, hotel & restaurant and meat and poultry packing industries. If we sent those employers to jail and had mandatory e-verify, the magnet would disappear, but I guess to Trumpkins it's easier to call these people invaders or whatever the pejorative du jour is than to realize that without jobs they wouldn't be here.
I'm with you but this is a problem neither the Dems nor the Republicans really want to solve.

And I've posted previously that if our system imprisoned employers hiring illegals the way they've imprisoned black males carrying an ounce of weed or stealing an item from a store, the problem would be reduced, if not eliminated entirely.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You're spot on! Most law abiding conservative citizens prefer to see them hitting up a hospital in Mexico for that function. Once the baby falls out though, it's mission accomplished.
I've posted a link previously about the Chinese who go to hospitals in CA and have their babies there, leaving without paying the bill despite the $2K handbags they had with them when they arrived. There are businesses who handle all of the logistics for these people and everything.

Illegals are a problem from a number of countries, not just Mexico.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yes, this post is all about opposing healthcare to a certain type of resident. Are we reading the same post?

Should the undocumented rely on the emergency room at a much higher cost to the taxpayer or should they just die from treatable diseases because people like you don't like them?

I live in a state that contributes $13 billion to the rest of the country. I think it is worth it. Even if it is paying the disability checks that many of the contributors on this site probably receive. Contributors who spend their days bashing my state - their lifeline. I still think we are better off paying you guys than not. So it is not just the undocumented. I also agree with supporting the deplorable classes.
The illegals should be shipped back from whence they came posthaste. There are enough deadbeats in this country without having to import more.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I'm with you but this is a problem neither the Dems nor the Republicans really want to solve.

And I've posted previously that if our system imprisoned employers hiring illegals the way they've imprisoned black males carrying an ounce of weed or stealing an item from a store, the problem would be reduced, if not eliminated entirely.
I never claimed that either political party is innocent of this, they aren't. The real solution is to take money out of politics, have shorter periods of campaigning and publicly fund it. As long as we allow all this dark money to give millions to politicians we will have bought and paid for legislators who will always vote the way they promised their donors and only rarely in a way that benefits their constituents.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:09 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
If our system imprisoned employers hiring illegals the way they've imprisoned black males carrying an ounce of weed or stealing an item from a store, the problem would be reduced, if not eliminated entirely.
Quote:
I've posted a link previously about the Chinese who go to hospitals in CA and have their babies there, leaving without paying the bill despite the $2K handbags they had with them when they arrived. There are businesses who handle all of the logistics for these people and everything.

Illegals are a problem from a number of countries, not just Mexico.
The largest threat to African Americans in regards to future economic stability is open borders with Mexico. While the illegal Asian issue is a problem as well, the fallout from open borders with third world countries to the south will have a much larger negative effect on the future of AA's.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Got it, they should just die.

They contribute $11 billion in taxes you know. If you are upset about the deplorable healthcare system in the US then stop voting for Republicans. We should have singe payer like every developed nation. That is disgusting. You are directing your anger at a scapegoat instead of the government you vote.
If you are referring to income taxes...how does someone without a social security number pay taxes?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If you are referring to income taxes...how does someone without a social security number pay taxes?
Because they give a fake Social Security number so taxes are withheld from their check but they can't file for a refund or get medicare or Social Security, the money goes into a "suspense fund"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies