Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 03:39 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the mental gymnastics people do to protect illegal activities. There's an underlying reason I'm sure.

When you're telling yourself there's only ONE WAY to solve a problem that tells you how entrenched or brainwashed you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 03:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I don't understand the mental gymnastics people do to protect illegal activities. There's an underlying reason I'm sure.

When you're telling yourself there's only ONE WAY to solve a problem that tells you how entrenched or brainwashed you are.
It is actually very simple. There is only a single practical path to end the problem. And it continues to amaze me that those of you on the right cannot see what is right in front of your face. The present fiasco has been going on for 30 years. One would think you folks would have figured out by now that whining about illegals is not going to solve the problem.

So all you really have are click your red shoes three times and the illegals will all get up and leave.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:45 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is what “progressive “ means . L.A has the nation’s worst homeless crisis and many other issues yet they are expanding benefits to the citizens of other countries that have no legal right to be in this country .

Yes Hilda it’s one of the few in the country because most in the country aren’t stupid enough to reward illegal aliens for breaking our laws .
——
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to expand access to healthcare for residents who do not qualify under the Affordable Care Act, primarily undocumented immigrants.

Supervisor Hilda Solis praised the program as "one of the very few in the entire nation that exists that provides this kind of service.”

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...mpression=true
Cool. Nothing like blowing our tax dollars on criminals who shouldn't even be here. May as well have just flushed that money down the toilet.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Cool. Nothing like blowing our tax dollars on criminals who shouldn't even be here. May as well have just flushed that money down the toilet.
Nope. Vast majority goes to the American citizen children.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It is actually very simple. There is only a single practical path to end the problem. And it continues to amaze me that those of you on the right cannot see what is right in front of your face. The present fiasco has been going on for 30 years. One would think you folks would have figured out by now that whining about illegals is not going to solve the problem.

So all you really have are click your red shoes three times and the illegals will all get up and leave.

The only practical path to solving the problem has not been tried so far. Trump is trying it but the loony left is blocking him at every step, putting illegals over Americans, in their quest to have open borders.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:54 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Access to healthcare is not a consideration to people crossing the border, jobs are. And Republicans have twice refused to vote on bipartisan mandatory e-verify, once in 2006, 2013 and again in 2018 and that just drips with hypocrisy.
No, it drips with partisan political gamesmanship, or a lack of understanding on your part of the political games democrats are playing with e-verify.

The democrats have historically been the chief opponents of e-verify, so your point is nonsensical. The facts are, democrats insist on including migrant agriculture worker visas as part of the e-verify legislation, which is something Republicans cannot support because it’s a veiled version of amnesty.

So you’re either being deliberately deceptive, or just don’t understand the issue.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:58 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
With thousands of Californians displaced by the fires, they should be our first priority. They are involuntarily homeless, unlike most of the homeless on the streets who are vagrants and drug addicts. Illegals shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:01 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Access to healthcare is not a consideration to people crossing the border, jobs are. And Republicans have twice refused to vote on bipartisan mandatory e-verify, once in 2006, 2013 and again in 2018 and that just drips with hypocrisy.

The migrants were offered work permits by Mexico. Why didn't they take them if they wanted jobs, hmmm?

The Dems refused Trump's DACA deal to give amnesty to a group whom the Dems have wrung their hands over and cried crocodile tears for years. Haven't heard a peep from them since.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:04 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
I hope the Caravan is smart enough to go to CA border. I'll be watching CA to see how it all turns out.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:19 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I hope the Caravan is smart enough to go to CA border. I'll be watching CA to see how it all turns out.
Hopefully it will turn out that enough Mexican residents become enraged enough to prompt Mexico to bus the invaders right on back to and through the southern border of Mexico...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies