Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 03:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Wow, great job leaving out the most important and anti-semetic part of the quote.
Definitely no agenda here.

Thanks. That's the part that mattered to CNN.
I hope he had the opportunity to either explain that it was something he heard that sounded cool to him, or if he knew the significance.

I'm guessing that he knew, or he might have been given the chance to apologize.
I did indeed use the quote that got him in trouble. The OP did not.

Whether or not he knew the significance is debatable of course. He's denying it. Me? I've seen enough of him combined with his obvious intelligence to not give him the benefit of the doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 04:07 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Now he knows how Trump feels. lol "That is not what I meant!"
Marc is now left to defend himself on twitter with the rest who've gone down.
https://twitter.com/marclamonthill
LOL.
He knows what it feels like to lie like Trump, but unfortunately for him, he does not know what it feels like to avoid consequences for the hateful **** he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I did indeed use the quote that got him in trouble. The OP did not.

Whether or not he knew the significance is debatable of course. He's denying it. Me? I've seen enough of him combined with his obvious intelligence to not give him the benefit of the doubt.
I recognized that you did, hence the Thanks.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (not sure why), but agree with you completely.
It's clearly something important to him, and something he's researched heavily. No way that he didn't know.

Bye Felicia!

Old 11-29-2018, 04:08 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Leftist, black racists in the media get away with all sorts of racist rhetoric in print and on TV.

I'm very surprised CNN fired this *******.

Good for CNN.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 11-29-2018 at 04:18 PM..

Old 11-29-2018, 04:14 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It should bother you. Conservatives are the ones CONSTANTLY screaming about political correctness and how they hate it. As I understand it - Trump was to usher in the new, shining era of 'NON PC". But ya'll are just as politically correct as any liberal - when it comes to something YOU don't agree with.

Which is why this 'pc' argument has always been utter BS.

Carry on.
Is that you, Donald?

Old 11-29-2018, 05:11 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
A Black guy fired for saying something anti-/racist is ironic.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:17 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
He could've spent the whole day on Twatter ripping on white people and not have raised an eyebrow. But this........

Old 11-29-2018, 05:33 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
He could've spent the whole day on Twatter ripping on white people and not have raised an eyebrow. But this........
Lamont is blatantly anti-Semitic. this ******* was dismissed from CNN. If he had been espousing anti-islam rhetoric, he would have been fired from his job, shamed into oblivion, and dismissed from CNN. If he had been "ripping on white people", no one on CNN or the university would give a damn.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:58 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He didn't say anything overtly anti-Semitic until this...

MLH can try to play that off as a vague coincidence (and he is) but that's pretty damning.

No surprise though. He's always been a racist/hate-filled person.
That's not anti-Semitic either. It's an unpopular political opinion being canard-ed as anti-Semitism.

No surprise here however. Basically the whole entire mainstream media in the US bends over and grabs their ankles for Israel. That is probably part of the reason why so few pay attention to it anymore.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAmerica View Post
He's right,I didn't read anything anti semitic but hey you wanna know who rules over you figure out who you can't criticize.
Bad Goy! No insinuating that Israel controls America!

Old 11-29-2018, 06:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Still trying to figure out what he said that was Anti Semitic or even wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies