Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:13 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Far-left CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill, who on Wednesday appeared to call for the elimination of Israel and defended the use of violence, has been terminated from his job at the network.

"Marc Lamont Hill is no longer under contract with CNN," Matt Dornic, a network spokesman, said Thursday.

Hill made his remarks while speaking during the United Nations International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, as first reported by Arutz Sheva.

"If we are in true solidarity, we must allow the Palestinian people the same range of opportunity and political possibility. We must recognize the right of an occupied people to defend themselves," Hill said. "We must prioritize peace, but we must not romanticize or fetishize it. We must advocate and promote non-violence at every opportunity, but cannot endorse narrow politics of respectability that shames Palestinians for resisting, for refusing to do nothing in the face of state violence and ethnic cleansing."
https://www.dailywire.com/news/38855...el-joseph-curl

It's a minefield out there, even for leftists of color!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 02:16 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
You should correct your threat title.

CNN fired Marc Lamont for his anti-Semitic remarks.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:26 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You should correct your threat title.

CNN fired Marc Lamont for his anti-Semitic remarks.
But that would be inaccurate.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:27 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
CNN = Clearly Not News

The fact they have people like this as part of their on air staff speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, they have a long way to go.

I am surprised they actually fired a Black man.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
He didn't say anything overtly anti-Semitic until this...

Quote:
Hill concluded by saying that justice requires a "free Palestine from the river to the sea." According to multiple reports, the phrase "Free Palestine from the River to the Sea" is a rallying cry often uttered by Hamas and other Islamic terrorist groups calling for the elimination of the Israeli state.
MLH can try to play that off as a vague coincidence (and he is) but that's pretty damning.

No surprise though. He's always been a racist/hate-filled person.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:35 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Soon, they'll be no more left.......

Old 11-29-2018, 02:38 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Last month w/ Farrakhan...

Louis Farrakhan Uses CNN Contributor to Promote $260 Music Box Set

Hill, a political commentator for CNN touted on the site as “one of the leading intellectual voices in the country,” told TheWrap that he was not aware his image was being used for commercial purposes and will ask for its removal.

“I don’t want to be used to promote anybody’s materials,” he said. “I am going to ask for it to be taken down as I don’t think it’s consistent with my values and my professional standards.”

In 2008, Hill defended Farrakhan during an appearance on “Hannity & Colmes.”

“I do not know if he is an anti-Semite,” Hill said after Hannity confronted him with quotes from Farrakhan, including his description of Judaism as a “gutter religion.” Hill said the line was “out of context.”

He said the photo was taken in 2016.

Apparently he has had a relationship with Farrakhan at least back until 2008.

$260 music set... WTH??

Old 11-29-2018, 02:39 PM

17,656 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Marc Lamont Hill is an evil, hateful human being. I wish him the worst.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:44 PM

3,890 posts, read 4,545,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He didn't say anything overtly anti-Semitic until this...

MLH can try to play that off as a vague coincidence (and he is) but that's pretty damning.

No surprise though. He's always been a racist/hate-filled person.
"Driving the Jews into the sea" was a sentiment explained to me by my Jewish best friend since we were kids, and that was over 50 years ago!

Old 11-29-2018, 02:47 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Now he knows how Trump feels. lol "That is not what I meant!"
Marc is now left to defend himself on twitter with the rest who've gone down.
https://twitter.com/marclamonthill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies