Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 07:28 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
You are advocating free birth control.

My assertion is that there already IS free birth control, one just has to reach out and ask for it.

It's easier to get free condoms than it is to get free birth control pills.
Exactly! According to Planned Parenthood, condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy when used correctly every time.

PLUS, there's the added bonus of NO medically harmful hormonal side effects to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So do you oppose birth control on religious grounds?
No. I oppose providing it for free via confiscating others' earned income at the penalty of imprisonment. Make free birth control pharmaceuticals and devices funded 100% from VOLUNTARY donations, and I'm good with that.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Maybe she has a life.

Why are you asking her a question that she has already answered?
Yes. Thank you. I DO have a life. I already posted my answer, though as AguaDulce states, my position is not based on religion, it's based on my opposition to forced coercion.
Quote:
So do you oppose birth control on religious grounds?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Do you have some problem with people having sex?
Not at all. Just fund it yourselves.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, how do you propose to fix un-responsible people?
Let nature take it's coarse. That's what evolution is all about. Does the left now suddenly NOT believe in evolution?

Old 12-17-2018, 08:50 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
"Let nature take it's (sic) coarse (sic). That's what evolution is all about. Does the left now suddenly NOT believe in evolution?"

It's interesting that you bring up evolution to bolster your argument and to take yet another swipe at "the left."

Social Darwinism isn't part of the theory of evolution.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
It's interesting that you bring up evolution to bolster your argument and to take yet another swipe at "the left."

Social Darwinism isn't part of the theory of evolution.
What makes any supposed "social Darwinism" (and that's a false construct) any different than natural selection Darwinism?

Old 12-17-2018, 08:54 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What makes any supposed "social Darwinism" (and that's a false construct) any different than natural selection Darwinism?
Could you elaborate on how evolution plays into your argument? Perhaps I misunderstood.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Could you elaborate on how evolution plays into your argument? Perhaps I misunderstood.
Those not able to survive via their own means or via the voluntarily given benevolence of others, perish.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have concocted a rationale to support your own personal opinion. Too bad it's not mandated anywhere in the US Constitution, meaning that others cannot have their earnings confiscated to support the goals you personally support.

If you don't like the way things are... VOLUNTARILY DONATE to the causes you support.
There is no issue with the Constitution whatsoever, as already shown. What you call "confiscation", the Constitution calls "Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises".

Quote:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
You prefer the government "confiscate" even more money to deal with the problems stemming from the inaction which you promote. When the problems occur, you will once again blame someone else, and insist personal responsibility is the key, but never share how your will make people more responsible.

I'd rather pay little to prevent the problem, than pay a lot to deal with the problem after it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies