Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 10:23 AM

305 posts, read 197,069 times

Advertisements

Funny to me that repubs are keep gov't out of personal lives. OOOPS unless it has to do with women.

Interestingly, despite religious opposition to ED drugs, still included in Federal Medical Insurance.

ED YES, preventing unwanted children NOPE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 10:25 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,106,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly! According to Planned Parenthood, condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy when used correctly every time.

PLUS, there's the added bonus of NO medically harmful hormonal side effects to women.
But women can't depend on that. There are certain kinds of men who run around poking holes into condoms, trying to trap women into getting pregnant. (LOSERS) The pill would prevent that unwanted pregnancy from happening.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:28 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,110,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
But women can't depend on that. There are certain kinds of men who run around poking holes into condoms, trying to trap women into getting pregnant. (LOSERS) The pill would prevent that unwanted pregnancy from happening.
Please explain this scenario. If a woman has possession of the condom and opens the package and places the condom on the penis, when does the man get a chance to get a needle and poke a hole in it?

Also, the pill would not prevent STDs.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
Funny to me that repubs are keep gov't out of personal lives. OOOPS unless it has to do with women.

Interestingly, despite religious opposition to ED drugs, still included in Federal Medical Insurance.

ED YES, preventing unwanted children NOPE.
Is there religious opposition to ED drugs?

Can you provide a link?

Old 12-17-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Please explain this scenario. If a woman has possession of the condom and opens the package and places the condom on the penis, when does the man get a chance to get a needle poke a hole in it?
What if the man brings the condom and you've been with him for a while so you trust him? This has happened to people I know so I know it happens. They're probably poking holes in the condoms while they're still in the package or removing the condoms entirely while they're "doing it from behind". LOL smdh

I KNOW the pill won't prevent an STD but it will prevent 18 years of unwanted heartache and baby daddy drama.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:32 AM

19,756 posts, read 12,319,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How? I don't live anywhere near the projects, public housing, etc., and it would actually COST them to come to where I am, rob, me, and cart the loot away.
Projects, I thought those were long gone. Section 8 takes care of that. You never know where "they" are these days. Lots of celebrities homes getting hit despite gates and security systems.

South Africa, they just invade the Boer house and torture and kill anyone there.. Even if they don't steal anything. I would not want to be a Boer equivalent in a US that turns itself into South Africa because we don't care about growing inequality.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
What if the man brings the condom and you've been with him for a while so you trust him? This has happened to people I know so I know it happens. They're probably poking holes in the condoms while they're still in the package or removing the condoms entirely while they're "doing it from behind". LOL smdh
"you've been with him for a while so you trust him"

how silly

You're making this up.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:37 AM

12,983 posts, read 9,703,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Everything that the hapless community agitator put his hands on, eventually turned to ****. Here's another example.
But yet according to you, you voted for that hapless community agitator. I never believed that by the way, you don't go from that to this, no way.

Last edited by ipaper; 12-17-2018 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-17-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"you've been with him for a while so you trust him"

how silly

You're making this up.
Why would I make this up? LOL You just want to go back and forth today.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Why would I make this up? LOL You just want to go back and forth today.
I looked it up and found a survey that found that 20 out of 4,674 women claimed that they were with a man who tried to make them pregnant against their will by poking holes in their condoms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27639927

Do you have any better data than this?

Last edited by AguaDulce; 12-17-2018 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: corrected number of women polled from 4,200 to 4,674 and added link to study
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies