Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 05:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Why should the government be involved in health care at all?

Government interference 75 years ago is the primary reason we have this problem today.
Read The Constitution.... Start at "We The People.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 05:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
This is why i never go to Docs. I never even get a cold.
Not sure your age but when is the last time you had your cholesterol checked? How are your numbers? Mine weren't so good but I take Crestor now so hopefully the numbers go down. Going for checkups can be a good thing.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:11 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Not sure your age but when is the last time you had your cholesterol checked? How are your numbers? Mine weren't so good but I take Crestor now so hopefully the numbers go down. Going for checkups can be a good thing.
No clue.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:13 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Why should the government be involved in health care at all?

Government interference 75 years ago is the primary reason we have this problem today.

Lol. The government cannot even budget ... What makes you think they know whats best for your own health decisions?

It FRUSTRATES me to see government involved with my healthcare . Telling me when I have to pick insurance. Telling me I need it by a certain date.

The GOVERNMENT ruins everything.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I would say Obamacare has caused people to seek less preventative care than they used to.

I know I don't go to the doctor as much as I did when my costs were lower.

If you have to pay full price for every visit and test, you tend to really think about if it's really necessary before you go and get it done.
It's been that way for awhile. It's supposed to be about emergency healthcare not preventative treatment.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:21 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
He had enough "knowledge, experience and concern and care for the America people" to move it forward... and he was smart enough to gather the people to review the data and understand the damages the data showed and to move forward with a plan that mitigate and rectify those damages.
Well let's see .....

He had so much "knowledge, experience and concern and care for the America people" he felt free telling them if they liked their healthcare plan they could keep it, we'd be seeing $2500 average per family in our premium savings, we wouldn't pay more per premium than we do our cell phones (for starters). He gathered people to review the data and understand the damages the data showed .... people like Jonathan Gruber?

As Nancy Pelosi was one of the signers I guess we can continue to expect more of the same .... and she'll even allow us to look at future legislation after it's signed!!!

Old 12-17-2018, 04:35 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well let's see .....

He had so much "knowledge, experience and concern and care for the America people" he felt free telling them if they liked their healthcare plan they could keep it, we'd be seeing $2500 average per family in our premium savings, we wouldn't pay more per premium than we do our cell phones (for starters). He gathered people to review the data and understand the damages the data showed .... people like Jonathan Gruber?

As Nancy Pelosi was one of the signers I guess we can continue to expect more of the same .... and she'll even allow us to look at future legislation after it's signed!!!
The POS lied like a rug. Never hated anyone as bad as Obamabutt.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:06 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well many seem to think we should trust Nancy Pelosi, who brought us this piece of junk called the ACA. What experience did BO have in healthcare policy?
The insurance companies should be the ones to take the majority of the blame since they wrote it.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:13 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So that's your proof? Hahah. Evidently millions think it was needed and are grateful to have it. Happy you don't need it. But really, that much hate can be detrimental to your health.
"So that's your proof? Hahah. Evidently millions think it was needed and are grateful to have it." AND many MORE MILLIONS do LOT like it.

Like the over 6 MILLION who had THEIR polices canceled by O Care and the "new" plans cost a LOT MORE for things they did NOT NEED and would NEVER USE.

But you don't CARE about them.

I'm STILL waiting for my $2,500 a YEAR savings!

Old 12-17-2018, 05:18 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As I already said, you don't have to buy auto insurance to cover liability. You can post a cash bond to do so, instead.

And another thing regarding auto insurance... it's priced by risk analysis. Those who are higher risk pay higher premiums. Homeowners/renters and life insurance works that way, too, So should health insurance. Higher risk health insurance buyers should pay higher premiums, accordingly.
"As I already said, you don't have to buy auto insurance to cover liability."

What many of the ignorant on here do NOT know is that some companies have ZERO auto insurance with TENS of THOUSANDS of vehicles on the streets and are SELF insured.

I know, I worked for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies