Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 06:37 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When I was around this age I dressed as a woman and went door to door where people tossed me candy.
Aaaaannnnddddd a swing and a miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Having been to a few drag shows (thank you, Cynthia, you former girlfriend you, who liked this stuff), I can assure you that drag shows are not sexual. They are, however, ... interesting.

The performers are guys; we know that from the start. They are over the top: bigger hair than was ever popular in the 1980s, dresses that your girlfriend would never wear to your office Christmas party--they are performers. In a way, they are like pro wrestlers: over-the-top entertainers; nothing else.

They entertain a certain group of people who like this form of entertainment. There is nothing sexual about it. I still have no problems with a drag show featuring performers over the age of 18--but under age 18 and in a bar--yes, I have problems.
The child was stripping and performing in a sexual manner.

So, yes this drag show was 100% sexualized.

And quite frankly, what else would be expected/scheduled at 3 am? A G-rated show? Um, no.

When will people WAKE UP. And stop defending this behavior.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would bet many people would call foul on police for intervening in this, due to the homosexual aspect, many would see this as police targeting homosexuals/drag queens/transgender, etc. despite his age.
Sounds like a privileged class that has more freedom & liberty than others.
Who is picking the winners & losers in a time of moral decay?

Old 12-19-2018, 07:14 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times
all deviants doing the work of the devil

Old 12-19-2018, 07:21 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
CPS, no

But someone should slap his parents across the head.

gay or simply a kid who likes to cross dress, there is no way he should be in a bar.
You'd be surprised. In Wisconsin, not only can one have their children with them in a bar but they can legally buy, and the children (any age under age 21) can drink, alcoholic beverages, as well. Wisconsin has a HUGE amount of people of European ancestry, in which such things have been normal for generations.

As to the dressing in drag performance? That's up to the child. If he wants to do it, more power to him.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
A minor performing in a bar at 3 a.m....I would have thought that this would require some special permission from some legal body.
That's a good point. Underage with no work permit means he technically cannot work. Although, it's likely everyone involved will claim it's a "voluntary amateur performance" similar to what one finds in karaoke venues.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
This is very disturbing. I do think CPS should be investigating his parents.

Note, if he wants to do drag I honestly have no problem with that or the parents allowing him to do so, but to do it in a sexual way and get dollar bills thrown at him by grown men, that is very sexualized and disturbing.

In general though, I don't like any kids used by parents to perform. He could easily engage in drag with his friends. They could get him involved in an LGBTQ youth group to do drag.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The child was stripping and performing in a sexual manner.
Same theme emerged in the movie, Little Miss Sunshine. The end result? The child was barred from entering beauty pageants in the state of California for life, and the family quickly agreed to that.

A lot of other things are going on in that movie, so it cannot be judged on just that aspect, alone. Worth a watch.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Note, if he wants to do drag I honestly have no problem with that or the parents allowing him to do so, but to do it in a sexual way and get dollar bills thrown at him by grown men, that is very sexualized and disturbing.

In general though, I don't like any kids used by parents to perform. He could easily engage in drag with his friends. They could get him involved in an LGBTQ youth group to do drag.
I agree 100%.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:41 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Sick sick sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies