Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 11:09 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
my guess is because it is a transgendered kid.

if this was a fifth grade girl, stripping at 3 am in a bar with drunk grown men throwing money at her, i have no doubts the place would've been shut down and the child removed from the home. Do you?
100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 11:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The mainstream media gushed over this kid a few months ago.

https://www.today.com/video/meet-the...-1258142788000
Kid got into/ was inspired, while sitting on his mother’s lap, watching RuPaul on TV.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
This is where we are now. The media celebrates this. I googled "Desmond Napoles gay bar" and while there were a lot of hits, there were none from the MSM.
He was featured on Good Morning America and the Today Show.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:13 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Forcibly by the parents.
In the interview with his dad, his dad actually stated that because this kid watched RuPaul when he was 2 years old, they decided that he was "different", and have been grooming him ever since.

How the hell does someone think that their kid is "different" and a "drag queen" when he's 2 years old? So WHAT if he watched RuPaul. RuPaul is out there - over the top, of course it's going to get a child's attention. I want to know why his parents sat him down in front of a RuPaul show at 2 years old. Of all the things to give your toddler to watch, "drag queens" is not at the top of the list.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:14 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

You want to think it's about people being gay, but that is nothing but deflection while you continue to act like this wasn't a big deal.
Most of the right-wing posters in this thread are making it about that, not me.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:16 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
[quote=middle-aged mom;53926962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
CPS, no

But someone should slap his parents across the head.

gay or simply a kid who likes to cross dress, there is no way he should be in a bar.[/QUOTE

He has been an icon at the NY Pride Parade since 2005 (age 7-8).

He was featured on Good Morning America and goes by the stage name, “ Desmond is Amazing”.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdvOLdG_34

Liberals, conservatives and gays have expressed outrage that the “ drag kid” was allowed to perform at this bar and that some patrons pelted him with dollar bills.

Best I can tell, the 3 Dollar Bar venue seems to host pop- up clubs on their premises.

Reportedly, the kid is somewhere in the Autistic spectrum.

Both of his parents support his expression. Desmond says he appreciates his “parents allow him to do what he wants”.

How exactly does a 7-8 year old get into drag and introduced to the scene?
I'm guessing cable TV. RuPaul has had a cable TV show for years, and there are a few others, as well.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Most red states typically have laws that ban anybody under 21 (or 18 in the more liberal ones) from entering a bar, period. Maybe New York should try to pass such a law?

P.S. a person can support LGBTQ rights and equality and still be opposed to the sexualization of children. I see a lot of all or nothing thinking in this thread.
Well, that is typical of the conservative thought process. It IS all or nothing.

That said, I don't agree with a child this age dancing in a bar at 3 am in the morning for any reason whatsoever.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:19 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In the interview with his dad, his dad actually stated that because this kid watched RuPaul when he was 2 years old, they decided that he was "different", and have been grooming him ever since.

How the hell does someone think that their kid is "different" and a "drag queen" when he's 2 years old? So WHAT if he watched RuPaul. RuPaul is out there - over the top, of course it's going to get a child's attention. I want to know why his parents sat him down in front of a RuPaul show at 2 years old. Of all the things to give your toddler to watch, "drag queens" is not at the top of the list.
My guess is the dad is a wannabe drag queen and he wants to live his life through his kid. Disgusting.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Backstory on Michael Alig:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...york-nightlife

Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,678 times
Quote:
This is one where people should really read the article.

This is beyond sick. The child is dancing in a sexualized way for grown men who are drinking.

And the parents are creating a business out of it.

If he were an 11 y old girl, his parents would be in jail. But since he s a drag/transgender, it's aaaaalllllllll good, right? Tolerance and diversity. You go you LGBTSKJFBKAJSF. Exploit the kids in the name of 'kindness" and "progress."

People need to wake UP and see reality for what it is, not what they are being told it is.
Yep, this^^^. If this were an 11 y/o female dancing in a male patronized bar omfg folks woule be losing their minds.

Who in holy hell thinks this is OK? Who? THis is beyond blech. ELEVEN? Where are his parents??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies