Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 03:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’ve openly supported Trump over Mattis, and I’m as liberal as it gets.

You right wingers ALWAYS chose the military over Obama no matter how stupidly warmongerish they were. Give me a case where you supported Obama over the wishes of the military?
You'll not get a case like that because they never did.

I would LOVE all of our troops to be pulled out of conflict areas, but I know you cannot just jerk'em out and let the whole area go haywire.

I guess Trump now thinks he knows more than generals.

Let's see how this goes for the "stable genius" because he's got a lot of people in his own party ticked off now.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:46 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

I would LOVE all of our troops to be pulled out of conflict areas, but I know you cannot just jerk'em out and let the whole area go haywire.

Let's see how this goes for the "stable genius" because he's got a lot of people in his own party ticked off now.
This is the issue. It’s also an expected result when you elect an inexperienced, narcissistic, well-documented con-artist as POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 03:48 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
The real issue is that Mattis was the buffer between Trump and action troups
Not so much now
And Trump loves to call people...

Last edited by loves2read; 12-21-2018 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-21-2018, 03:53 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,347,306 times
Quote:

THIS ^^^. We are only talking about 2,200 US noncombat troops in-country where there have been a total of five American military deaths since 2011 - three accidental (one plane crash, two vehicular rollovers) and two from IEDs.

Does anyone have a good explanation why Trump needed to do this now? Everyone must realize that Trump's explanation "we've defeated" ISIS is hockey puck spin, right? Not to mention that the Kurds are now trying to figure out what to do with all the ISIS that sit in their prison camps.

In an earlier post, someone recounted that Trump spontaneously said "yes" to an Erdogan threat to the Kurds where even Erdogan was taken by surprise. There are many, many accounts of how Trump when faced with complicated policy negotiations throws up his hands in frustration and just accedes.

Any other theories?

Old 12-21-2018, 04:05 PM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
So …

Two years in to Trumps term the US has no Chief of Staff, no Sec Def, no AG, we are giving volatile countries back to ISIS and Russia, there is a real threat of Government shutdown, our election system is under attack, the President is challenging virtually every department of government with his authority, the presidents inner circle is faced with numerous charges and convictions of corruption and prison time.

I am sure it is all just a misunderstanding but WTF is going on?

Oh … and I forgot the stock market is down 7% …… the worst week in 10 years.

You would almost think there is an intentional attempt to destroy the US from the inside out.

Last edited by ditchoc; 12-21-2018 at 04:41 PM..

Old 12-21-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So …

Two years in to Trumps term the US has no Chief of Staff, no Sec Def, no AG, we are giving volatile countries back to ISIS and Russia, there is a real threat of Government shutdown, our election system is under attack, the President is challenging virtually every department of government with his authority, the presidents inner circle is faced with numerous charges and convictions of corruption and prison time.

I am sure it is all just a misunderstanding but WTF is going on?
No Sec of Interior
No approved UN Secretary
Plenty of missing ambassadors

It is only going to get worse
If the GOP doesn't rein Trump in--and they can do that--
It will be much worse...

Old 12-21-2018, 04:31 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,890 times
the "but obama"remains alive and well even here!

whew thought it would not be here!!!

Old 12-21-2018, 04:37 PM

IMO
This is all akin to a bipolar massive mood crash because of Mueller's investigation
He knows Cohen has talked and given up serious, damaging info against Trump

His family slush fund/charity has been exposed for the fraud it was
The damage (criminal charges) from that long-time tax evasion/fraud scheme will impact him, his three oldest children, his wife perhaps because she could have signed the tax returns. And there is NO presidential pardon to be had---
He can only hope to run out the clock

But even if Trump might evade being charged (which I think would be very unConstitutional) his children Ivanka, Don and Eric could all be charged since they were board members...

Plus there are investigations into illegal activities between Trump''s campaign and his corporation or other agencies--like the innaguaration committee...
So there are various threats to him and his family coming in addition to Mueller's...

Flynn is likely going to give up some new info to avoid a judge handing him a custodial sentence that (let's be honest) he so truely deserves---and it will likely have to be more sensitive and more directly related to Trump than what he has proffered before--like his own partner...

You just have to consider when the mental issue becomes a factor in the 25th Amendment process...
Unfortunately there do not appear any people who are adult enough to actually deal with this narcissistic, tantrum-throwing, ignorant man...
He may be very good at manipulating people--their fears and ambitions--
But he is very bad at what it takes to actually BE a president...

Old 12-21-2018, 06:43 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:

yes we can, we leave just like we got there. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend? it's an ILLEGAL WAR, a key fact that you don't now (which says a lot about your knowledge of the matter) or ignore it like our corporate media.(which it's worse)

Since you have TDS you don't see things in the bigger picture and you cant even make the case to stay in Syria and Afghanistan. These are the same type of generals that got us in Vietnam and told us the same B.S you are repeating: " I know you cannot just jerk'em out and let the whole area go haywire."....so basically we will never leave because those countries will NEVER be stable or be a democracy.

So funny, the same Democrat party that went after W Bush and wanted impeachment for getting us in Iraq now do a 180 degrees and are pro war and pro occupation party because they hate Trump. No principles jut a bunch of political hacks.

Trump is doing exactly what he promised to do in his campaign (wow shocker! politicians backing up their campaign promises) . And what his decision seems to say is this: We are extricating America from the forever war of the Middle East so foolishly begun by previous presidents. We are coming home. The rulers and peoples of this region are going to have to find their own way and fight their own wars. We are not so powerful that we can fight their wars while we also confront Iran and North Korea and face new Cold Wars with Russia and China.

Funny, Obama ran on that in 2007 and won big by huge support of the American people and to turn around in office and break his promises.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:47 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Nice letter, but I'd like to see what he REALLY thinks of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies