Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 11:59 AM

10,448 posts, read 4,034,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The usual crew of isolationists, extreme states righters and anarchists are laping this up like mother’s milk.
And just think, if the US wasn't spending all of this money on these endless wars, we might have the funds to start a universal health care. Look at all of the European countries that offer good health care and great education, they are able to afford it because they don't have as much of their revenue going to the military. The US might be able to slash the military spending if we weren't being involved with nearly every skirmish on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 12:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
So now conservatives are suddenly anti-interventionalist, lol. What about Yemen?

One war at a time....hypocrisy comes from both sides.

Trump ran against the Bush doctrine in 2016 and won. Conservatives shouldn't be surprised, if they don't like it they should have elected Jeb Bush for a Bush administration 3.0.

what is a surprise is the hysteria and hypocrisy from the left but by now I'm used to it. Obama didn't trust Mattis and fired him. He thought he was too much of a warmonger on Iran and the Middle East. I didn't hear one Democrat go after Obama, not one.

Mattis is a good general but he is of the mindset of the neocons. Look at his history from Bush 1 to the present and most of what all these generals have sold us have been wrong in the Middle East. The "experts".

the fact is, Syria war is an illegal war.....too bad the same democrats that bashed W BUSH on Iraq for years and wanted to impeach him on Iraq saying it was an illegal war and a war on aggression are silent on Syria because Obama got us in there and now Trump wants to get out and he wants to get out in Afghanistan. We have political hacks on both sides.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Personally, I have admired Gen. Mattis for a long time. I have no Military experience.
Why did you admire General Mattis so much? What has he done to garnish that admiration? I'm just curious.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Trump wasn't the only running on ending these wars. Obama during his first run was also claiming he would get us out of these endless wars, and people like me supported him for it because I'm tired of these wars that aren't doing anything but creating bigger problems.

and Obama lied, he got us into Syria and Libya....all illegal wars.

The GOP had a choice in 2016 , continue with globalism of the Bush doctrine of endless wars, endless occupations, open borders and this new world order run by globalists or go the Trump way of putting Americans first and stop bankrupting this country by being the police of the world and pushing for regime changes with nation building while we ignore our needs here....they rejected the Bush doctrine and went with Trump.

Obama didn't trust Mattis and fired him. I didn't hear one Democrat go after Obama.

Just because you are a good general and served your country doesn't mean your policies are in the best interest of the country in the long run. Truman had to fire General Mcarthur because he wanted to rumble with China in the Korean War, Truman got crucified by the media and "experts" but history proved him right and Mcarthur had to go......JFK ignored the recommendations of his Generals to invade Cuba and nuke Cuba if they have to and start WW 3 during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

People here think that the advice of the Generals are gold and can't be rejected or question......that's how we ended with Vietnam by listening and doing what the Generals wanted and how we are in this mess in the Middle East.

I just wished W BUSH would have rejected and question more the advise and bs coming from his generals leading up to the Iraq war than being a rubber stamp to everything they sold us.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I hate to even say this, but I'll bet ISIS is already here. They are just waiting for the right time to move. It is a very scary world indeed.
Got news for you, all of our enemies are here in the US, and they fund a lot of the democrats and RINOs. Just look at the refugees and people staying in the sanctuary cities. They are not the traditional women, elderly and children, but young men in their prime. Just look at the political map, and notice who controls most of the border states and major cities, and then look to see where all of the sanctuary cities are located. The same politicians who are fighting for these sanctuary cities and refugees to come across our borders also happen to be the same ones that are crying about gun control and overturning the second amendment. The day when most of the states have created laws that make it legal for police to confiscate firearms, I will bet you a hundred dollars that shortly after that is when we will see these terrorist start to attack now that they know that Americans no longer have the guns to fight back. It's just another one of many reasons why I will fight my hardest to defend the second amendment, and yes, Trump is a POS for banning bump stocks, even though I do think they are useless.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:31 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
New Secretary of Defense to be named shortly.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...78792168685568
"Retiring" is a bit of a misnomer, now isn't it? "Left in anger and slammed the door, hard" seems to be more like it.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:33 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, in conclusion, pro-war Mattis is at odds with anti-war Trump? That sound about right?
As insightful as your posts tend to be.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:33 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
40 years of hard earned experience, wisdom and insight walks out the door as the emperor eschews informed, reasonable advice in favor of uniformed and reckless hubris.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
So to stick it to Putin, we must stay in Syria and Afghanistan forever in a quagmire.....that's the argument to keep the status quo? LMAO!!!.....I knew many on the left have TDS but they take it to new retarded level.

I remember democrats saying that we are in the middle east for oil and we shouldn't be there, now they are pro war and pro endless occupations. Trump does that to them.
It would actually be funny to watch all of these sheep be so easily herded into how to think and feel, but the fact that these same people have the power to vote and change things for the worst makes things not so funny.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Three people that Trump had in his cabinet that I really liked and thought were good and competent are now gone or gone soon. Trump really wants to be a dictator.

Rex Tillerson
Nikki Haley
James Mattis.
Oh please. If these people are the heroes you say they are, and if Trump really is the dictator in the making like you claim, then one of these people would have taken out Trump a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies