Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 06:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You foolishly implied the Berlin Wall was ineffective because communism died. Ignoring the absurd falsities and complete irrelevance to our border wall, I had said "That's silly. You had the power of the US and western world fighting against it. And it actually worked quite well with only a few thousand successful breaches in 40 years."

then you replied "You don't see Mexico for the wall. Just saying..."

And I am asking you yet again, why did you mention that Mexico is against our wall? What were you "just sayin'"?
"Not being for the wall" and saying "Mexico is helping illegals cross our borders" isn't the same thing. That is the strawman argument you made and I proved you said. You're just mad I caught you in that.

Plus the Berlin Wall was protected by Russian troops preventing escapees from East Germany. There would have been many more defections over the years as Communism fell. By the mid 1980's, many Russian satellite nations went bankrupt and removed rulers and even tried them for treason. What I don't see Mexico is being in favor of the idea of the wall, not saying they would aide people crossing it.

The wall however will not be effective. The majority of illegal immigrants in America are because of the visa program and the visa applicants staying beyond their visas. The drugs come in mostly from the same port of entry that most illegals from Mexico use already. This has been explained too many times to you.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
"Not being for the wall" and saying "Mexico is helping illegals cross our borders" isn't the same thing. That is the strawman argument you made and I proved you said. You're just mad I caught you in that.

You're just mad that I asked you why you said Mexico isn't for the wall and you have no plausible explanation other than what I said. What DID you mean by it?

Old 01-14-2019, 06:18 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The wall however will not be effective. The majority of illegal immigrants in America are because of the visa program and the visa applicants staying beyond their visas. The drugs come in mostly from the same port of entry that most illegals from Mexico use already. This has been explained too many times to you.

More incorrect statements. While the number of overstays in the last few years have pulled ahead of illegal crossings (as estimated from apprehensions and before the 2018 spike). the total number of illegals here remains mostly illegal crossers.

Which also is irrelevant with regards to the wall because the wall is intended to stop the illegal crossings and to that end it will be very effective.

What is it with you liberals and the "overstays" distraction? It's like saying we shouldn't pass laws to reduce the number of traffic deaths because most people die of heart disease.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:20 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Construction is already underway!

Progress is slow.

Building walls are slow...

But here is what HAS happened since 2017...

Quote:
Once funding was provided, DHS began construction of a border wall quickly, in some locations in as little as nine months from funding to building – a process that commonly takes two years or more in other parts of Government. By the end of FY 2019, DHS expects to have construction completed or underway for more than 120 miles in the areas it’s most needed by the U.S. Border Patrol. The pace of construction has picked up as initial limiting factors like land acquisition and funding have been addressed.

Quote:
  • El Centro Project (2.25 miles): Completed.
  • El Paso Project (20 miles): Completed
  • San Diego Primary Project (14 miles): Completion anticipated in May 2019.
  • El Paso Project (4 miles): Construction started in September.

Quote:
n FY18, Congress provided $1.375B for border wall construction which equates to approximately 84 miles of border wall in multiple locations across the Southwest border, including:
  • $251M for a secondary border wall in the San Diego Sector
  • $445M to construct a new levee wall system in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $196M to construct a new steel bollard wall system in Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $445M for a primary pedestrian wall in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma and Tucson Sectors

It's all documented here:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

But I'll bet 10k% you'll provide a stupid cartoon....

I'll bet you tell me how angry I am.....

I'll bet you cannot provide anything to dispute what I've stated...unless you you provide the 2 above...

But hey....lets see....many on this board can hope.....

Old 01-14-2019, 06:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking You keep posting this. It isn't tRump's wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Building walls are slow...

But here is what HAS happened since 2017...

It's all documented here:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

But I'll bet 10k% you'll provide a stupid cartoon....

I'll bet you tell me how angry I am.....

I'll bet you cannot provide anything to dispute what I've stated...unless you you provide the 2 above...

But hey....lets see....many on this board can hope.....
All part of the Secure Fence Act of 2006 project.

Not tRump's wall.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well evidently your savior Obama and his admin thought the same thing back in 2010.....

But don't worry about that...you agreed with him...back then....

https://amp-washingtontimes-com.cdn....ler-dangers%2F
Didn't you just laugh a few posts ago while you asked if the immigrants would be carrying power tools with them? Now you believe they drive "unbelievable vehicles" capable of high speeds to break through borders, barriers, and outrun ICE.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
The Trump monument memorial

Trump wanted a military parade a while back which he couldn’t get so now it’s the wall. It’s like a memorial monument to “himself”. Other presidents have had to die and a monument is erected, so this way he’ll see a wall dedicated to Trump and his efforts before he dies. It’s a wall of lies, none of the reasons he said it has to be are true. The bigly Trump lie monument to POTUS bornspur, it’s not the tallest monument but it’s the longest to make up for his shortcomings (or whatever).

Old 01-14-2019, 08:30 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

Stupidest video ever. Could it be any more staged?
What makes it NOT stupid is that it’s not Faux News.

Old 01-15-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Construction is already underway!

Progress is slow.

But the wall is still going up and portions have been completed:

Quote:
In FY 2017 Congress provided DHS $292 million to build 40 miles of a steel bollard wall in the San Diego, El Centro and El Paso Sectors – Border Patrol’s highest priority locations – in place of an outdated and operationally ineffective barrier. DHS received its FY17 funding for border wall construction in May 2017. DHS awarded the first contract against that funding in November 2017 and began construction three months later in February 2018. As of November 21, 2018, CBP has constructed more than 31 of the 40 miles with the remaining 9 miles scheduled for completion by early 2019.
  • El Centro Project (2.25 miles): Completed.
  • El Paso Project (20 miles): Completed
  • San Diego Primary Project (14 miles): Completion anticipated in May 2019.
  • El Paso Project (4 miles): Construction started in September.

Quote:
In FY18, Congress provided $1.375B for border wall construction which equates to approximately 84 miles of border wall in multiple locations across the Southwest border, including:
  • $251M for a secondary border wall in the San Diego Sector
  • $445M to construct a new levee wall system in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $196M to construct a new steel bollard wall system in Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $445M for a primary pedestrian wall in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma and Tucson Sectors

Quote:
DHS is positioned to construct 215 miles of Border Patrol’s highest priority border wall miles including:
  • ~5 miles in San Diego Sector in California
  • ~14 miles in El Centro Sector in California
  • ~27 miles in Yuma Sector in Arizona
  • ~9 miles in El Paso Sector in New Mexico
  • ~55 miles in Laredo Sector in Texas
  • ~104 miles in Rio Grande Valley Sector in Texas

and finally...

Quote:
in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent

But again, who cares about what the folks who are actually guarding the border?

Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Didn't you just laugh a few posts ago while you asked if the immigrants would be carrying power tools with them? Now you believe they drive "unbelievable vehicles" capable of high speeds to break through borders, barriers, and outrun ICE.

There is a difference between a coyote and momma and her 2 children walking many many miles......

You do understand the difference, yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies