Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 06:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The man is clearly insane and has no problem lieing his arse off to get what he wants. And despite that his base eats it up.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:18 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

After knocking on the door and no one will let you in, you are going to bust a window and climb in. Once in, government says I must call you family.

There is a reason I'm armed, and if anyone climbs in a window, they will be leaving in a bodybag.
More fear mongering I see. Again where is this giant horde of illegal aliens who drive monster trucks with 1,500 Hp??

And I agree someone comes though my door, window, etc they too will be leaving in a body bag.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Maybe because it’s a fact you all choose to ingore. It doesn’t matter how limited they are still coming in. It’s just a matter of time before they think of another way in. Like I posted months ago if you want something bad enough you’ll find a way, though, around, over it or under it.

Actually, that's all that matters.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:32 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Is this something we know or are surmising? I fully admit that I don't begin to grasp the complex workings of Congress ... but Congress can attach all sorts of strings to legislation. Why would we assume that they expire absent new legislation. Unless you have a credible link that applies to this particular bill (since it is so profoundly complicated) for myself I'll leave this as a ???

Because if they didn't, TSA and air traffic controllers would still be receiving their paychecks right now under the spending bill last year. Spending bills, which appropriates wall funding, must be renewed. How can this be any more obvious? Why aren't federal employees receiving their paychecks?

If they had made that deal for $25B over 10 years, the only part of it authorized in last year's spending bill would have been the first $2.5B. Another $2.5B would have to be includied in this year's bill. And next year, and the year after that. The Common Sense deal would have invited an annual fight over that given year's $2.5B.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:34 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did he see any of those unbelievable vehicles trump claims they have?

You must be cut from the same cloth as Jim. No he didn't and that's because there was a steel slat wall.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Between ~2007 and 2011 we built ~700 miles of border wall (or fence if you prefer). In that timeframe apprehensions for illegal immigration across the southern border dropped by over 50%. Tell me again how walls don't work.
Link?????

Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
A wall is not an 'infrastructure program', it's a campaign promise nothing more, nothing less.
A wall has far more to do with infrastructure than funneling $800B to failed solar energy companies, which you were just fine with.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You must be cut from the same cloth as Jim. No he didn't and that's because there was a steel slat wall.
These vehicles have been sighted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cvu5dHPwWQ

Old 01-13-2019, 06:58 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
How many videos does the right have to see where they have tunnels all over the damn place?? Do they not watch the videos or do they just choose to ingore them?

But Donald Trump promised to put sensors UNDERGROUND to detect people trying to get in that way ! The man has absolutely no grasp of reality.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nancy and Chuck could end that tomorrow, as could Trump. Both sides aren't giving in.
I have tried to look at this issue with an open mind, weighing both sides, and this is a classic Mexican standoff(no pun intended).
So I have to wonder what is behind this standoff?
Are the dems just to stupid to understand a barrier of some kind will stop many from entering the country illegally?
Do they not know this?

I look at the Presidents side of the issue, and there it becomes a bit clouded.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for building a wall to keep illegals out.
So I ask myself, what is behind the President's insistence the funding be forthcoming for the wall?
To shut important factions of the government down, the President's reasons have to be crucial, as far as he is concerned.

Then it hit me!
Those words, "as far as he is concerned" is the reason for the stalemate.
We need to look back on the history of Donald Trump.
Not as president, but as the business man he made of his life.

I think it safe to say, Trump has been very successful in business.
With that success, comes not only responsibility to those who he surrounds himself with, but to himself.
He has built an empire, and along with that empire, we will notice the name"Trump" has adorned much of the results of the empire, right down to his private jet.
Name, and personal recognition seems to be a priority to this man.

Getting the deal accomplished has been the mainstay of his business.
I would assume,in business, "stay till it's finished" has often crossed the lips of businessman Trump, many times.
This feeling of accomplishment is being compromised by the opposition with this issue of a wall.
Business has taught him to stay in there and fight, and not quit.
It is in his very sole to not give up.
He only has to look no further than Trump tower to know the importance of holding firm, and never giving up.
I could be wrong in my assessment of this President, but I don't think so.

I believe I not only know the reason for his actions, but state further, I believe the possibility exist that he wants to be a one term President, and also wants to "leave his Presidential legacy."
The wall is that legacy.
In business giving up was not a possibility, but knowing the Presidency is limited in terms served, he is not as committed.

I think it safe to say most of us believe that Mr Trump craves attention, and in that attention, he also feels the need to be remembered, once his Presidency is over.
In my mind, I hear the words spoken by Mr. Trump,"I am Donald Trump, and don't forget it".
This goes back to the early days of one Mohamed Ali.(when he was known as Cassius Clay), "I am the greatest".
People like this believe they are the greatest.

Mr. Trump has built an empire that dictates to many he has done a commendable job in developing, and maintaining that empire.
As he has taken on the position as leader of the free world, he once again rises to the occasion to propel the country in the direction his business experience has shown works.

He is a businessman, not a politician.
In business he has made , and left his mark.
He is presently in a desperate fight to leave his mark on the nation, and because I believe time is of the essence, he is pushing hard to secure his legacy to this nation before leaving office.
I honestly do not believe he will seek a second term, regardless of the outcome of this wall.
Some have stated he has already set up a campaign for 2020, but I just don't see him running in 2020.

I would love to see him go on to be our President in 2020, because he has accomplished many things that went undone for years in this country.
Naturally his age must come into play, and I would assume he has given that some thought.
These are my own thoughts regarding MR.Trump, and time will tell if I am correct.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies