Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 05:53 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Keep slapping, do you really think they were not outrunning the BP? If not, then how would they know about these trucks?
Trump is the one who said that they are coming across the border and outrunning the border patrol. Which means it’s a lie.

Explaining to Trump voters why a wall isn’t going to work is like explaining to a child, why they shouldn’t keep sticking thier finger in an electric socket.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:06 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Build a wall so that years later we can historically dismantle it and sell it on ebay.

Seriously...I say take it to the People....Ask them to nationality and individually Vote on this Billion $ structure. I've yet to see congress or senate GO BACK to the People and say...Hey....What do you want us to do? Instead they say...Heres what we are going to do and maybe in 6- 8 months you'll try to have us removed from office...but by then we'll have done enough damage.. to leave you defeated...

It was a relief stats wise to know that some folks still have common sense and logic to NOT contribute.

I did laugh at the Parody Go fund me page from Will Hayden (the guy in Colorado)....Now that was a Hoot to read ....I seriously was going to toss him $5 just for his gumption.

The Border Patrol do want a good physical barrier on the border where it's feasible and building it and including any maintenance on it is far less than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. Then there is the added threat of criminals, drug runners and those from known terrorist countries that are slipping through our southern border also.

Many if not most Americans haven't bothered to educate themselves on this issue so putting it to a public vote would make no sense not to mention those who have an agenda not to build it anyway. The only ones who should have any say in this are those on the front lines everyday.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You do know that you have to be a American citizen to vote right?..hence illegals can't.

But hey whatever lie floats your boat just like Mexico was going to pay for the Wall.

Illegal aliens can't legally vote but there is evidence that some do though since there are no voter ID laws. If they have fake or stolen ID's to work seems plausible to me that they could get away with voting. As for your remark about Mexico paying for the wall I have posted a link several times showing how Trump would be able to get that done. He never said they'd write a check for it.

I wonder why there was no outrage back in 2006 when the actual wall bill was passed by congress and it was to be soley funded by the taxpayer by those who keep crying about Mexico paying for it now?

Also, building a $25 billion wall is much cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that illegal immigration costs us so why the objection to the costs when it would actually save us money?

Old 01-14-2019, 06:24 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump is the one who said that they are coming across the border and outrunning the border patrol. Which means it’s a lie.

Explaining to Trump voters why a wall isn’t going to work is like explaining to a child, why they shouldn’t keep sticking thier finger in an electric socket.

And when given solid evidence that wall do work, then what?

Quote:
The Bottom Line: Walls Work. When it comes to stopping drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, border walls have proven to be extremely effective. Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, personnel and partnerships with law enforcement at the state, local, tribal, and federal level. For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent. In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

But damn the BP, right...they have no clue what they are talking about....people such as you know better because you are right there in the thick of things...no, never mind, you're to busy sticking your finger in the electrical socket....

Old 01-14-2019, 06:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

That's a good analogy.

Here's one I like.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And when given solid evidence that wall do work, then what?

Other then you and Trump saying that the wall will work I’m not seeing it hearing any REAL evidence.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well, why not? Do you think that those who own that private land that abuts the border want illegals traipsing through there property?

Ranchers tell stories about the trash dumped on their land and how their cattle sometimes ingest that trash and end up dying from doing so. They talk about having to be armed when they're out and about doing their daily work. Some have had their dogs killed by illegals. Why wouldn't they want a wall or fence on their property?

What's with the "well duh"? It was you who implied that Trump wanted a wall from San Diego to Brownsville.
He basically does. Skipping ravines and impassable land and building on the rest is essentially building a continuous wall.

So, the ranchers who want this wall can donate land and pay to upkeep the wall.

It’s not my job to protect private property.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, duh.

We still don’t need a wall where we don’t own the land.

Procuring it isn’t part of his budget.

It's needed but IMO those who don't want a barrier on their properties can just deal with the illegal trespassers, criminals and drug runners who will just funnel right through their properties then. They'd be crying for a wall in no time.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:04 AM

Breaking news!!! Trump voter discovers that ladders are real. Although I have to admit this speaks volumes about Trump supporters.

https://youtu.be/iSf1ITjhWR0

Old 01-14-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He basically does. Skipping ravines and impassable land and building on the rest is essentially building a continuous wall.

So, the ranchers who want this wall can donate land and pay to upkeep the wall.

It’s not my job to protect private property.

A continuous wall is unbroken. Funny how congress back in 2006 wanted a 700 mile long wall on the border and there was no outrage by you anti-wall people back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies