Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 11:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
I agree... it will come full circle and compromise will be the bipartisan bill last month. But I wondered if enhanced security would be fine of it a specific wall must be built to satisfy. I vote no for that later.
Trump has dug in and claimed there has to be money specifically designated for a wall no one wants, or he will not sign it. That's why this is fully and completely in the laps of the Republicans now. Will they stand up to Trump, or will they vote to keep the country shuttered to appease a crazy and unpopular demagogue?

Once upon a time, the answer to that would not be in question. But this Republican party has proven to be utterly cowardly and toothless, so there's no way to know if they are even capable of doing the right thing at this point.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:20 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Another juvenile post by a leftist. You don't think the Democrats are playing to their base of ethnocentric Hispanics who want open borders for their illegal amigos and amnesty for those all ready here and other clueless bleeding hearts? What's the difference? At least Trump is playing to law abiding Americans not illegal foreigners and their supporters. Trump doesn't have a dwindling base but feel free to pretend so if it makes you feel better.

you are so off base if he DID NOT HAVE a dwindling base there would not have been so many flips in house and walk outs in his administration.

DRUMS himself is not law abiding nor were those in his circle ask those who knew him before or all those he stiffed

BTW BEFORE THIS JOKER I VOTED REPUBLICAN but when it comes to ALL people I AM A PROUD BLEEDING HEART

Old 01-06-2019, 12:45 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
you are so off base if he DID NOT HAVE a dwindling base there would not have been so many flips in house and walk outs in his administration.

So dwindling bases is why Obama and Clinton had much larger flips in the House? And also the Senate.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:47 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Once upon a time, the answer to that would not be in question. But this Republican party has proven to be utterly cowardly and toothless, so there's no way to know if they are even capable of doing the right thing at this point.

In my opinion, Dems should try hard for a few more days or may be until Friday and then give up. Trump is a madman and so is turtle face. Dems should make it very clear they are giving up so that America can run again as Trump, turtle face and their buddies don't give a $hit.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:01 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
In my opinion, Dems should try hard for a few more days or may be until Friday and then give up. Trump is a madman and so is turtle face. Dems should make it very clear they are giving up so that America can run again as Trump, turtle face and their buddies don't give a $hit.
Oh Hell no. Keep it shutdown. Trumpy said he’d “own it” and he does. Let him have his tantrum with the co-equal branches of government.

And do NOT approve backpay when it reopens.

All the Border Patrol, Federal law enforcement, prison staff, folks in Commerce and Ag etc, contractors doing work for the Federal gov’t. etc, will long remember this.

And the fool Trump thinks “they’re all Democrats” is hilarious. They’re not. Or at least they were’nt .

What a foolish, foolish game.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:28 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Mick Mulvaney explained the latest developments on one of the Sunday morning CNN political shows with Jake Tapper. Trump has told all of his Cabinet officials to look in their budgets for extra money that can be used for the border.

He also said something very interesting. Even if Mexico gave us a check, it would have to go into the Treasury to be appropriated later by Congress.

So it sounds like the best deal is to get money on a National Security Emergency basis. Put up several hundred more miles of the shish kebab fence, as I call it, and then let Congress appropriate money for the non barrier security, i.e. software, drones, etc. Win-win for both sides.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:47 PM

If Trump gets the money for the barrier using national security as the reason, then he should be able to reopen the government again, right?

Old 01-06-2019, 01:55 PM

Watched Trump's impromptu presser on the way to Camp David and he said DACA is at the Supreme Court so if DACA is blown up, it will give Trump extra power in negotiating with Dems. Will they throw DACA under the bus yet again when Trump offers them a deal?

Old 01-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Steel barriers would be great for our steel mills and workers. They pay taxes so that would mean more money going into our Treasury.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:24 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post

DRUMS himself is not law abiding nor were those in his circle ask those who knew him before or all those he stiffed

BTW BEFORE THIS JOKER I VOTED REPUBLICAN but when it comes to ALL people I AM A PROUD BLEEDING HEART

I'm not talking about those in congress but regular Americans who support him. Drums? WTH does that mean? You can't debate this issue without the childish name calling? No one is completely law abiding and I'm only interested in what he does as president not what he did or didn't do before that.

So you're proud to be a bleeding heart for illegal aliens who are economically raping us and stealing American jobs, taxes and resources? Sorry, but my heart bleeds for Americans not foreign law breakers. You have your priorities all screwed up and on that note I'll be sending you off to my dust bin. I have no further need to debate this issue with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies