Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2019, 11:47 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times

Advertisements

A wall will not stop anything, it will not stop caravans from coming and apply for asylum. It won't stop drugs from coming in and it won't stop illegals from overstaying their visas or coming here legally on a plane and staying.

All it does is fool Trump supporters with a false sense of temporary security and it gives Trump something to call his own since he tries to wreck everything Obama did or had his name on like a petulant child,

Old 01-05-2019, 11:58 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
A wall will not stop anything, it will not stop caravans from coming and apply for asylum. It won't stop drugs from coming in and it won't stop illegals from overstaying their visas or coming here legally on a plane and staying.

All it does is fool Trump supporters with a false sense of temporary security and it gives Trump something to call his own since he tries to wreck everything Obama did or had his name on like a petulant child,
I tend to agree with you, but my hope is that this thread might provide more in the way of proof, facts, truth, that better determines which opinion is better justified than the other. For Trump supporters in particular, I think it is fair to ask they double-check their assumptions to make sure they believe what they believe for good reasons rather than all the bad ones.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:06 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
He wouldn't see them since his favorite move is to ironically call people parrots and shuttle them off to his ignore list. I'm a proud member.
Show me where those posts are. I read through this thread and have never seen anyone of you anti-wall/pro-open borders/invasion cheerleaders respond to any of them.

Go ahead and post some links. If I missed anything, show me. I'll wait but I won't hold my breath while I'm waiting.

And, yes, those who vehemently hate the idea of 700 miles of wall are "parrots" as they keep repeating the same old nonsense over and over again despite valid links that prove them wrong.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:08 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Holding the American people hostage by shutting down the government for a mythical campaign slogan is amoral.
The dems who put illegal aliens ahead of all the suffering Americans because they refuse to protect our borders are the amoral ones.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:11 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Bingo. Trump is a master con man and flashes shiny objects to distract away from the real issues and problems. He has to keep this wall myth alive to keep himself alive.
Yep. Hes a master con man of the easily conned though. No one with any true intelligence buys any of his horse shyt.
The real question..... Is he just flashing the wall to desperately keep his relevance, or is there a financial benefit to him in it that people dont yet know about?

My bet is the latter, and that needs to be exposed. I dont even think he wants to save face, because theres money to be laundered in that fence, and he needs his stake of that wall money. Thats why the type of wall keeps changing. Doesnt matter what its made of, as long as its a build to get investment money through. Hes so deep in debt, and American banks wont lend to him.
He doesnt care that government workers are hurting, he doesnt even care that he is killing chances at re-election. He wants to get that big investment before hes pushed out.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 01-05-2019 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-05-2019, 12:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
I imagine the parents of the nine children who were raped by illegal aliens in North Carolina in the past two months alone would have liked some protection. Same for the guy in Virginia who was murdered by four illegal aliens that hacked his body up with a machete so badly he had to be identified using DNA. Or the guy in Oregon who was murdered by an illegal alien who had been deported at least 8 times. Then there's the large number of Americans maimed or killed by drunk driving illegals. Last year ICE deported over 80,000 drunk driving aliens. There are thousands more instances of murder, rape, and everything else, here:http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/

Do you think its immoral to slow the flood of illegal drugs coming over the border? What about the women and children (some as young as five) who are sold as sexual slaves? Is it immoral to try to stop human trafficking? Take a look at this long list of human trafficking stories from Arizona.
https://www.kgun9.com/human-trafficking
:
Wheres your crime report stats stats on all the Americans that rape children, or hack up bodies, it drive drunk.
Dont care about those crimes? Doesnt matter if illegals or Americans do it, youd have to kill crazy first. But you dont care about crimes, just illegals.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:31 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

The whole "jobs Americans won't do" is a false narrative.

The reason Americans don't want to do construction work etc is because there are so many illegals in the industry driving down the wages.

Take away the cheap labor pool and watch Americans start taking shop classes and becoming Carpenters and roofers again.

Carpenter and roofers , maybe, but certainly not fruit and vegetable pickers or landscapers. I KNOW people who own lawn maintenance businesses, and they complain all the time how able American workers will either not take those jobs, or they don't show up. When they hire people from other cultures, those people appreciate the work and DO show up every day.

The reason you see so many Latinos out in the broiling sun is because they have a good work ethic, we lazy Americans do not. I have one Mexican I know who came here with just the shirt on his back. He is a hustler, works 7 days a week, and has his own business, employing other immigrants. He did not get there by loafing, or complaining, he got it the old fashioned way...…….a way we lazy Americans have forgotten.

Hell, I work in air conditioned comfort, and we can't get the other employees to show up half the time !

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-05-2019 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 01-05-2019, 12:38 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Most Latin American countries are banana republics in some form or another.

They are filled with corruption, drug trafficking, human trafficking, massive poverty, violent crime and other social ills. They are largely dysfunctional by American standards.
Oh, look! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's my point, flying right over your head.

We have a long history of meddling in the affairs of those countries. Most of them have not ended up better for it. Again, look up the history of the term "banana republic."

Old 01-05-2019, 12:47 PM

6,371 posts, read 4,196,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why is the wall such a joke to the Dems?

There is a problem at the border. A wall would funnel "migrants" that have a legitimate request for asylum etc.. to places where they could plead their cases instead of trying their luck through more dangerous areas of the border.

I thought the Dems were all about the humanitarian aspect of the "migrants" ? Where is the humanity forcing people to take a dangerous journey and dragging their kids along with them? A wall would stop them from trying and put them in a spot where they could be safe and receive care.

But then again the ones that are risking their lives and trying to bypass our border security know they are breaking the law and that doesn't matter to them because they know if they are caught there are very few penalties for them.

What is happening at the border and happening to our country is not a joke.
It’s all about power, the dems want open borders with ad many immigrants as will come, they want the votes and a return to power. Trump’s agenda does not fit their narrative, they are afraid of his policies that are based on small government while helping the working class and average American. Its causing complete hysteria and it’s apparent throughout the news media, they are all aligned against him. The Deep State truly exists!

Old 01-05-2019, 01:01 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
It’s all about power, the dems want open borders with ad many immigrants as will come, they want the votes and a return to power. Trump’s agenda does not fit their narrative, they are afraid of his policies that are based on small government while helping the working class and average American. Its causing complete hysteria and it’s apparent throughout the news media, they are all aligned against him. The Deep State truly exists!
Sigh. No, we don't. We just don't want to squander billions upon billions of dollars on a boondoggle that will cost us many more billions upon billions of dollars to maintain into perpetuity.

Let's talk about other, more effective, less expensive solutions. There is no need to waste our precious resources on a 3rd century solution here in the 21st century. How about a little bit of forward-thinking instead of costly regression?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies