Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2019, 02:55 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

[quote=auntieannie68;54061206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Nancy Pelosi called a border wall "immoral and sends the wrong message about who we are".

So.....what's so "immoral" about wanting to protect your borders?

How Dems can say things like this while expecting us to believe that they aren't endorsing de facto open borders must really take a special kind of stupid.[/QUOTE

we need to be protected from wonen,children,men who want to work,people who are different----that's immoral as is the lies coming from the fueher's mouth]
I assume what I bolded is what you wrote in response to the OP? Who can tell for sure as the whole thing is garbled.

If I am correct, then what you wrote is beyond despicable. It's hateful and it's total BS.

We have legal immigrants in this country from all over the world who are working in this country.

Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they come from, no matter if they got here by sneaking across the border or overstaying a visa---all have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave. Period.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:02 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I assume what I bolded is what you wrote in response to the OP? Who can tell for sure as the whole thing is garbled.

If I am correct, then what you wrote is beyond despicable. It's hateful and it's total BS.

We have legal immigrants in this country from all over the world who are working in this country.

Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they come from, no matter if they got here by sneaking across the border or overstaying a visa---all have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave. Period.

She's one of those posts that I don't even bother responding to.

Talking to a wall you are there.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:07 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oldglory---Have you noticed that every time you bring up the wall bill from 2006, all you get in response from the pro-open border/invasion cheerleader crowd is crickets chirping? Your question makes them squirm because they know darn well that they didn't raise a stink about the wall back then. In other words, they've outed themselves as being hypocrites.
He wouldn't see them since his favorite move is to ironically call people parrots and shuttle them off to his ignore list. I'm a proud member.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:04 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Holding the American people hostage by shutting down the government for a mythical campaign slogan is amoral.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:09 AM

6,356 posts, read 4,173,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Nancy Pelosi called a border wall "immoral and sends the wrong message about who we are".

So.....what's so "immoral" about wanting to protect your borders?

How Dems can say things like this while expecting us to believe that they aren't endorsing de facto open borders must really take a special kind of stupid.
Just add Nancy’s statement to her long list of the most ridiculous statements ever made by one of our senior politicians ❗️

All of the democratics wanted the wall years ago, Obama, Clinton, Schumer, however now that Trump promised it, they will do Anything to prevent it from happing. There’s no debate, no plan, no agenda for the middle class coming from the Democratic Party other than a vicious agenda to get rid of Trump.

The Republicans have plenty of blame to share and Trump’s mouth and tweets cause more harm than good, however I believe in his sincerity to help the average American and this country in general. Plan on years of obstruction and divide with little to no action that will Benefit the people of this country.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:29 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Holding the American people hostage by shutting down the government for a mythical campaign slogan is amoral.
It takes three separate bodies to tango in this political dance. All hold government hostage to fulfill a promise to their particular base. Either to work on a southern border wall or just to see that the other side can't claim a win. As the constitution was designed a near tie goes to the President but a truly bipartisan bill goes to the will of Congress as a body.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:57 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Congressional Dems have as much power to end the shutdown as the President.

Putting all the blame on Trump for what the Democrats refuse to agree to out of spite is disingenuous at best.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:37 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is nothing more than ABC News and the now discredited Guardian, pushing the "Orange Man Bad" button on the NPCs.

100 posts in this topic prove the power they have to mind control them.
Wow!!! A post composed of nothing but right wing media memes!

Old 01-05-2019, 05:49 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I don't think there's anything "immoral" about the wall the way some libs do.

I just think it's a waste of money. There are much cheaper ways to beef up border security than to literally "build a wall."
And what are the cheaper, easier ways, please....?

Old 01-05-2019, 05:50 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What the heck? Did he just binge a entire months worth of Adderal?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-ocasio-cortez

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=60164759

Impeach him now. This is insane. He literally referred to "The military version of eminent domain"
I would be careful about declaring Military Law if I was Trump, the Military may oust him in Coup.

Also is declaring Martial/Military Law even Constitutional.

I know Trump used National Security reasons in relation to the Steel Tariffs, which was rather bizarre, but declaring national emergencies and even Martial Law takes this nonsense to a whole new level.

I doubt Trump will declare Martial (Military) Law, however he may use the pretext of a National Emergency which is total different to imposing military law, and the media are aware of this, but have chosen to go with the military law narrative anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies