Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 11:30 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The real question is how many of those 363,000 are actually russians.
If they are contributing in American dollars fine by me.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:33 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
People in holes ( aka those without facts) should stop digging. Those who are willfully ignorant are not to whom you point.
It will be interesting to see who finally folds on the Border Wall issue. Trump or the Democrats.

This country hasn't had a good showdown in a long time.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It will be interesting to see who finally folds on the Border Wall issue. Trump or the Democrats.

This country hasn't had a good showdown in a long time.
I suspect there will be a big compromise on both sides and both sides will declare victory and in some ways they will be right.

A good deal doesn't mean there is only one winner. A good deal means that a deal that works for both parties is the best.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:40 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Is making it harder and harder to win anything in 2020.

It was a longshot as it sits before the shutdown, but they are stupidly shooting themselves in the foot e very single day that insist on this petty obstructionist nonsense. Why dont they see that?
If this is the way to a sure Trump victory in 2020, why are you complaining? Unless you are secretly a liberal?

Old 01-07-2019, 11:40 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,714,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This wall issue is a political joke IMO. Why not fund all the homeless/impoverished people in this country with the billions wanted for the wall? You can do other things to tighten border security, of which I have no answer for but believe could be done for much cheaper.
Homelessness is mostly a state/municipal issue in very few locales in the country. There are not many homeless people in Red states, except for cities run by the Democrats, so they are not a priority for Republicans or Republican voters.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I suspect there will be a big compromise on both sides and both sides will declare victory and in some ways they will be right.

A good deal doesn't mean there is only one winner. A good deal means that a deal that works for both parties is the best.
Nancy controls the House by a healthy margin and has all her folks in a row. Mitch has a 3 (4 counting the VP)seat advantage in the Senate and has already lost 2 votes- Gardner and Collins. If Murkowski goes along it will be down to a VP tie break. At the moment Dems have more leverage. I assume Tillis, Ernst or another Senator who is up in 2 years will peel away. To be honest this is probably the moment McBath wishes she wasn't given the Arizona Senate seat to wrap herself in Trumpian policies before facing the very voters who rejected her once already.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:47 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Try to get away from your bogus "$100 billion a year" number for just a moment. Tell me what you can see with your own eyes, in your own town and neighborhood, that is evidence of a "national emergency". In my town, just outside of Washington, D.C., there is nothing that even remotely resembles a "national emergency". Maybe your town is different.
You're in Alexandria. So many of you who live there are far removed from the deleterious effects of illegal immigration. It's easy for you to claim that illegals don't cost us any money when you live in an ivory tower and don't have a clue

Old 01-07-2019, 11:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,234 times
Every day the DNC refuses to fund the border wall...

Do you really mean the DNC?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-07-2019 at 12:39 PM..

Old 01-07-2019, 11:51 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,499,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Every day the DNC refuses to fund the border wall...

Do you really mean the DNC?
Probably stands for Do Nothing Conservatives

Old 01-07-2019, 11:51 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Err... those "bad hombres?" I mean, if you know much about psychology, he's painting an image of brown, Mexican people as criminals.

I answered a question about race. I did NOT bring up the topic in the first place, so put down the "you're a racist" paintbrush, buddy.
He is doing no such thing, buddy. Not all "bad hombres" are "brown people" --- and you know it, too. Again, not all Mexicans are "brown people". Why do you keep repeating the falsehood that they are?

No, it is YOU who turned this into a race topic by claiming there is a fear of "brown people". Not all illegals are "brown people" --- and you know it, too.

BTW, I'm of Hispanic descent and saw nothing racist in the words "bad hombre". I am certainly well aware of what racism towards Hispanics looks and sounds like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies