Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 11:52 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Tammy Bruce nails it with her opinion.

'New Green Deal' = New Green Hoax -- Dems promoting a fraud-work quilt promising a cure for all

Here’s a scoop for you: The so-called “Green New Deal,” onto which 70 leading Democrats have signed, doesn’t exist. Like a salesman parked at a corner hawking a small bottle filled with a mystery substance that will cure everything from insomnia to cancer, the Democratic Party is promoting a fraud-work quilt promising a cure for all.
Oh, I just hope that you are correct -- and all this is just a hoax to persuade moderates/Independents to vote for the Republican POTUS candidate in 2020.

Otherwise, if it is a choice between Trump and someone who thinks that AO-C is brilliant, this Independent/Unaffiliated moderate will be voting for Trump -- and there are very few people of whom I have a lower opinion than Trump.

Democrats, take warning.

P.S. On Edit: Actually, I don't think that the figure is anywhere close to 70 Democrats "signing on". I think that is just another made-up figure. Btw, I do support some of the goals of what the OP outlined.

Also, according to the following link, "An analysis by Fox News last month showed at least eight potential and current Democratic 2020 candidates have voiced support for or touted aspects of the proposal -- including Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Cory Booker, D-N.J."

(Note that the above says that some candidates supported "aspects" of the plan, which is much different that supporting the entire plan.)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...r-they-call-it

Last edited by katharsis; 02-07-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 11:53 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Relax peeps. It is a resolution. With GOP senate and pres it will go NOWHERE.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Enjoy...

Green New Deal FAQ

How will you pay for it?

The same way we paid for the New Deal, the 2008 bank bailout and extended quantitative easing programs. The same way we paid for World War II and all our current wars. The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments and new public banks can be created to extend credit. There is also space for the government to take an equity stake in projects to get a return on investment. At the end of the day, this is an investment in our economy that should grow our wealth as a nation, so the question isn’t how will we pay for it, but what will we do with our new shared prosperity.

Short answer... vapor money... and they will tax the crap out of everyone.

Anyone trust that crew to financially work out the details?

-------------------

UPDATE: Adding in the entire text of the House Resolution.

OCAS_NY004

Last edited by DRob4JC; 02-07-2019 at 12:28 PM..

Old 02-07-2019, 12:03 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Here is a quick look at this insane NGD endorsed by Booker, Harris, Pocahontas, Gillibrand, Castro and Beto. The usual suspects.

Ban affordable energy in ten years.
Eliminate nuclear energy.
Eliminate 99% of all cars.
Gut and rebuild everything.
Eliminate air travel. Take a train across the ocean.
Guaranteed gov job.
Free education for life.
Guaranteed income whether you work or not.
Eat what they want us to eat.
A house
Free money
Bonus: ban meat.

And when asked how to pay for it? We are told don’t worry about it.

And there you have, insanity dreamt up by people without a functioning brain cell.
This all sounds fake, post a source or it's fake

Old 02-07-2019, 12:03 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Enjoy...

Green New Deal FAQ

How will you pay for it?

The same way we paid for the New Deal, the 2008 bank bailout and extended quantitative easing programs. The same way we paid for World War II and all our current wars. The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments and new public banks can be created to extend credit. There is also space for the government to take an equity stake in projects to get a return on investment. At the end of the day, this is an investment in our economy that should grow our wealth as a nation, so the question isn’t how will we pay for it, but what will we do with our new shared prosperity.

Short answer... vapor money... and they will tax the crap out of everyone.

Anyone trust that crew to financially work out the details?
lol lawd have mercy I skimmed through it.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:07 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Looks like a conglomeration of multiple left wing wish blogs.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
I think there are now AT LEAST four current threads about AO-C, and I think that perhaps they should be combined under one heading. (And I can think of several titles that would fit, LOL.)

I also think it would be interesting to have a poll asking which one people think is more seriously deluded -- Trump or A-OC? A month ago, I would have said Trump, but I seriously think that A-OC is now in the lead.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:10 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Fake, fake, fake,... it's so easy to roll on the floor and whine instead of using the internet for a minute.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Thefederalist.com

Old 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Looks like a conglomeration of multiple left wing wish blogs.
With the compilation by AOC, the wackiest of a wacky bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies