Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What's the one thing you need to do all of that?

An open government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Where is the budget justification for the $5.7 billion? Where is the proposed wall going to be put? What is the wall going to be made out of ? Where is the cost-benefit analysis? Where is the feasibility study? There are no specifics for the proposed wall. None. Just a $5.7 billion budget ask.
Didn't chuck provide a list of projects DHS has lined up?

Where was the cost-benefit analysis, feasibility study, and specifics for the billions we give every year to foreign aid? How about the billion Obama gave to the Green Fund?

Dems better be careful what they ask for. If the standard going forward is to require detailed specifics and proven cost-benefit analysis before appropriating funds then a lot of liberal big ticket items will be in trouble.

We need to yank back that $5B for Central American economic development until we can see a detailed plan for exactly how the money will be spent and exactly what we will get in return.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:

Ironically, funding.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:37 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
We on the left hat to say "I told ya so" but we told you that putting a moron TV show clown in charge of the country would hurt Americans. Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming. "Let them eat cake". .... Anybody that cosigns on Americans not getting a paycheck is no Patriot. .....

Old 01-17-2019, 10:42 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
You don't need $5.7 billion to conduct a feasibility study and a cost-benefit analysis. Sorry. I'm sure Pelosi would give $20 million to do those things.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:47 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
You don't need $5.7 billion to conduct a feasibility study and a cost-benefit analysis. Sorry. I'm sure Pelosi would give $20 million to do those things.

How do you know they have not conducted this stuff? I posted it before, how many miles they have done and how many they have to go....how do you 100% know they did not do more with the money they had while doing it initially?

Old 01-17-2019, 11:02 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
How do you know they have not conducted this stuff? I posted it before, how many miles they have done and how many they have to go....how do you 100% know they did not do more with the money they had while doing it initially?
Well, the Democrats have asked for a feasibility study, cost-benefit analysis, and budget justification (all standard things for a Government project) and none has been provided. I haven't seen any of them, nor have I seen it reported that they exist. The White House has never claimed they exist. Are you saying they do? Do you have a link to them?

Old 01-17-2019, 11:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Well, the Democrats have asked for a feasibility study, cost-benefit analysis, and budget justification (all standard things for a Government project) and none has been provided. I haven't seen any of them, nor have I seen it reported that they exist. The White House has never claimed they exist. Are you saying they do? Do you have a link to them?
No CEO would move forward on a multi-billion dollar project without these things. Or should I say, no competent CEO would. But if this is how Trump routinely does business it explains why he has had so many bankruptcies. So much for the mythology of a great businessman.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:09 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

I'm saying I don't know, you're saying it has not been accomplished. Did they do all of this for the other walls that have been built and the walls that are paid for to be built? Or, was it just because it was only a few billion, but for 5 billion....gotta have all that stuff?

Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:

If I was king, and I had that data, I would provide it. But I'm not sure Trump would even if he had it sitting on the shelf in the room they were meeting. I can sorta see the point of view that he might not want to get caught up in whack-a-mole, where if he complies with that request or answers that question it will not change their viewpoint one bit and will only invite more requests and questions.

Dems in Congress don't really care about the specific plans. It's an obstructionist tactic. Since when have Dems ever been so concerned about inefficient spending or needed cost-benefit analysis before funding their big projects? I don't see their request to see specific plans as legitimate, or that they will even accept any plans or studies showing it worthwhile (i.e. "I reject your facts"). If Pelosi doesn't want to hear what DHS Secretary Nielsen has to say then why would she care about any studies she presented?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies