Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:18 AM

19,939 posts, read 22,876,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Too bad for them since while the shutdown is going on, paid leave is also canceled apparently so they're DEFINITELY not getting that back pay. In fact some federal workers apparently rescheduled their vacations according to the news because it says it might turn out to be unpaid leave vs PTO.

Anyone who calls out sick without truly being sick should be fired.
You no payee I no workey.

Pretty simple capitalist idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 12:19 AM

10,265 posts, read 16,008,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And you propose to discern that how?
Many companies requires a doctor's note as evidence for calling out 3 or more days in a row. Obviously you live in some liberal bubble instead of the real world, or you're a very entitled employee who calls out whenever you don't feel like working.

51,697 posts, read 25,987,142 times
They are probably out interviewing for other jobs.

18,069 posts, read 18,898,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
By "them," I assume you mean Trump and the rest of Congress who use people's livelihoods as political collateral.

Let me ask you this: would you show up every day and do your job for free?
No, by "them" I mean those who called in sick in this story.

And yes, I would show up and do my job for free if my job involved something I feel is of importance, like medical, security, safety, etc. I sure as hell would not pull some "call in sick" stunt like this.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Many companies requires a doctor's note as evidence for calling out 3 or more days in a row. Obviously you live in some liberal bubble instead of the real world, or you're a very entitled employee who calls out whenever you don't feel like working.
In the fed gov, managers have the option to request such a note for three or more consecutive days of sick leave.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:23 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,517,244 times
Actually I own a company that hires in some cases some self important republicans. Bit that is another story.

Now you stated it seems as fact that federal employees need a doctor notes after three days. got a link?

Old 01-05-2019, 12:31 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,174,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, by "them" I mean those who called in sick in this story.

And yes, I would show up and do my job for free if my job involved something I feel is of importance, like medical, security, safety, etc. I sure as hell would not pull some "call in sick" stunt like this.
Tell your boss this. I'm sure they'd be delighted to know that you'll work for free if they just decide to not pay you.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Actually I own a company that hires in some cases some self important republicans. Bit that is another story.

Now you stated it seems as fact that federal employees need a doctor notes after three days. got a link?
"Medical Certification:
(1) Documentation for Sick Leave Absences of More than Three (3) Days: For
sick leave absences of more than three (3) days, management may require a
bargaining unit employee to submit a health care provider’s certification that
includes the duration of the bargaining unit employee’s absence, clearly states that
the bargaining unit employee was incapacitated for duty, and is signed and dated
by the physician or authorized health care provider."

https://www.afge.org/globalassets/do...june1-2017.pdf

Pretty standard in all agencies. For non-bargaining members, the department manuals that say the same thing.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:36 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,107,489 times
Quote:
Do you have the same sympathy for the steelworkers and coal miners whose work sites have been mothballed because of liberal government policies like unfair trade agreements and overregulation? The United Mine Workers union endorsed Obama, Obama took their money and stabbed them in the back, launching the war on coal to further endear himself to his yuppie base from the Northeast and West Coast.
Apples to fat, lard-assed oranges.

The two aren’t remotely the same.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:36 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,517,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
"Medical Certification:
(1) Documentation for Sick Leave Absences of More than Three (3) Days: For
sick leave absences of more than three (3) days, management may require a
bargaining unit employee to submit a health care provider’s certification that
includes the duration of the bargaining unit employee’s absence, clearly states that
the bargaining unit employee was incapacitated for duty, and is signed and dated
by the physician or authorized health care provider."

https://www.afge.org/globalassets/do...june1-2017.pdf

Pretty standard in all agencies. For non-bargaining members, the department manuals that say the same thing.
Ok. and all these sick calls have been 3 days? You know that correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies