Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 03:46 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,820,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I have never ASKED for reparation and only a FOOL would expect reparations while simultaneously arguing how racist the nation is that is expected to pay reparations.

The conservative mantra is that individual will and personal responsibility accounts for success or the lack of it in America today. They see it in a Darwinian survival of the fittest contest. This is a GENERAL mantra of conservatism that has no color. They believe this regardless of the race of people. Yet, we have the FACT that black poverty rates are nearly 3 times the rate of whites. The conservative labels any attempt to explain outside forces (except liberalism) as the "victim mentality" or "race card"...ie...an EXCUSE. Since there is not outside force to explain why blacks are worse off, its implicitly a claim of it being an inside force. Something in the nature of blacks, in other words, makes the black poverty rate nearly three times the rate of whites.

Like I said before. People are mostly followers and parrots. People might not be racist, but when they adapt and follow these conservative mantras, the effect, if not intent, is racist. Like the Dave Chappelle skit about women sending confusing messages....

Conservatives might not be racist......but you are wearing the rhetoric of a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL-1kHxsavI
Like I said, nearly every post you make calls someone a racist. I don't give a hang what you do. It's up to you and everyone else what they want their life to be like. No skin off my nose. Keep it up and more people will become like me.

BTW your post is all your perception stemming from whatever prejudiced position you hold.

Last edited by redwood66; 01-12-2019 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-12-2019, 03:55 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,345,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Like I said, nearly every post you make calls someone a racist. I don't give a hang what you do. It's up to you and everyone else what they want their life to be like. No skin off my nose. Keep it up and more people will become like me.
I think your last sentence works both ways. Lol

Old 01-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
I think your last sentence works both ways. Lol

Which is fine too. You do you.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,345,038 times
Quote:
Which is fine too. You do you.
Exactly!!

Old 01-12-2019, 03:59 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,020,982 times
Quote:
I have never ASKED for reparation and only a FOOL would expect reparations while simultaneously arguing how racist the nation is that is expected to pay reparations.

The conservative mantra (parts of it) is that "individual will" and "personal responsibility" accounts for success or the lack of it in America today. They see it in a Darwinian survival of the fittest contest. This is a GENERAL mantra of conservatism that has no color. They believe this regardless of the race of people. Yet, we have the FACT that black poverty rates are nearly 3 times the rate of whites. The conservative labels any attempt to use outside forces (except liberalism) to explain as the "victim mentality" or "race card"...ie...an EXCUSE. Since there is not outside force to explain why blacks are worse off, its implicitly a claim of it being an inside force. Something in the nature of blacks, in other words, makes the black poverty rate nearly three times the rate of whites.

Like I said before. People are mostly followers and parrots. People might not be racist, but when they adapt and follow these conservative mantras, the effect, if not intent, is racist. Like the Dave Chappelle skit about women sending confusing messages....

Conservatives might not be racist......but you are wearing the rhetoric of a racist. You send confusing signals....saying you are not racist....but making arguments that are implicitly racist. If you do not want to be seen as racist....modify your reasoning and or mantras.

False accusation of racism is a racist tactic. It serves to divide, inflame, and make it difficult for genuine victims of racism. Their grievance is lost in the sea of false accusations.

Broadbrush accusations (e.g. your thread title, or your swipe at all conservatives) are invariably false accusations. It's not different than, say, a broadbrush accusation of blacks as being criminal. It's a form of stereotyping--in other words, racism.

Last edited by travis t; 01-12-2019 at 04:18 PM..

Old 01-12-2019, 04:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,532,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I guess I have just one question at this point.

Why do so many people who do not believe themselves to be in any way racist get so defensive whenever the topic of racism is broached? I seriously don't get that. I mean, it's sort of like complaining about the fit of a shoe that doesn't pinch your foot, isn't it?
That's such a ridiculous argument that liberals make all the time; namely, that people who aren't racist wouldn't mind - or defend themselves - when they are falsely accused. It is only natural for innocent people to get annoyed or indignant when wrongly accused of such a horrible trait.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:18 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,800,453 times
Quote:
The conservative mantra (parts of it) is that "individual will" and "personal responsibility" accounts for success or the lack of it in America today.

Actually, I never had a thing handed to me so yes I am living with the results of my individual will and responsibility.

Never expect and you won't be disappointed. If you are waiting for someone else to hand it to you, you'll wait all your life.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,608,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's such a ridiculous argument that liberals make all the time; namely, that people who aren't racist wouldn't mind - or defend themselves - when they are falsely accused. It is only natural for innocent people to get annoyed or indignant when wrongly accused of such a horrible trait.
Why is it ridiculous? No one has accused me as an individual of anything. That kind of means I have no reason to be annoyed. Like I sort of suggested before, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Once again, I ask you, have you saved any of your outrage for the poster who talked about the "thug nation," and said that black people's natural hair looks like a Chia Pet? Or the one who talked about putting blacks, gays, feminists, and liberals "back in their place"? It seems to me that comments like that should make an innocent person feel at least as indignant as alleged accusations that don't even apply to them.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Why is it ridiculous? No one has accused me as an individual of anything. That kind of means I have no reason to be annoyed. Like I sort of suggested before, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Once again, I ask you, have you saved any of your outrage for the poster who talked about the "thug nation," and said that black people's natural hair looks like a Chia Pet? Or the one who talked about putting blacks, gays, feminists, and liberals "back in their place"? It seems to me that comments like that should make an innocent person feel at least as indignant as alleged accusations that don't even apply to them.
Those things are disgusting to be sure when directed at a whole class of people. Where is your outrage to the OP for his prejudice and stereotyping of conservatives?

Old 01-12-2019, 04:45 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,608,598 times
Quote:
Those things are disgusting to be sure. Where is your outrage to the OP for his prejudice and stereotyping of conservatives?
That was not the point of the original post. Did you read the article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies