Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 04:53 PM

5,737 posts, read 2,213,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I honestly don't believe there's some "deep state" conspiracy nor do I believe Trump is some groomed Russian agent. It's much simpler than that.

What you have a greasy real estate guy who got in way over his head with some folks who play hardball much rougher than the riff raff he dealt with throwing up condo buildings. They offered a means to make things right with them, he took it. Trump is neither a genius or an idiot. Just a garden variety huckster with questionable moral integrity who was willing to run a scam on the people of the United States in order to keep he and his family from drinking a polonium-210 milkshake (and maybe score some cash in the process).

Everyone is overthinking this.
Lol WOW. I love how you made up a ludicrous fable and then said everyone else is overthinking this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 04:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,641,657 times
Quote:
I honestly don't believe there's some "deep state" conspiracy nor do I believe Trump is some groomed Russian agent. It's much simpler than that.

What you have a greasy real estate guy who got in way over his head with some folks who play hardball much rougher than the riff raff he dealt with throwing up condo buildings. They offered a means to make things right with them, he took it. Trump is neither a genius or an idiot. Just a garden variety huckster with questionable moral integrity who was willing to run a scam on the people of the United States in order to keep he and his family from drinking a polonium-210 milkshake (and maybe score some cash in the process).

Garden variety huckster who doesn't care about right or wrong; legal or illegal; only about winning and losing.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,448,831 times
Quote:

Zero moral integrity. Zero.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:48 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,135,231 times
Quote:

Well you got something right.

Trump spent 30 years explaining that he would undo the status quo in DC if he were to ever run for President.

Well, he decided to run, and the benefactors of the status quo, career bureaucrats, politicians, and the donor class instantly knew he was a threat to everything they spent decades building.

There are trillions of dollars at risk for these benefactors of the status quo.

They used all of their resources, their money, the msm, the intelligence agencies, and the DOJ, all to eliminate the threat to the status quo.

It really is that simple.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:33 PM

25,446 posts, read 9,903,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If the FBI/DOJ/Mueller have evidence Trump's a Russian asset, a traitor, what the heck are they waiting for ? The Democrats to impeach him, the 2020 elections, for him to resign ?

A 2 1/2 year investigation isn't overnight. With evidence Trump's secretly working for Russia, I'd expect time is of the essence. He could be sending secretly coded messages to Vlad in tweets every day.
How long was the Bill Clinton investigation? How long was Benghazi? Doesn't matter what your time frame is. It's done when it's done.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:55 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,468,980 times
I would advise everyone interested in this investigation to keep a close eye on Seth Abramson’s Twitter. He’s explained the direction of the investigation and where it’s likely to go. He thinks it’ll conclude in late-2019, though of course we’re all hoping sooner.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson?s=17

Old 01-13-2019, 08:51 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I said over and over again that I hope the FBI is watching Individual 1 and his family. They are a national security risk. Turns out the FBI was watching. Good job to the fine men and women of the FBI.

It's worth the read into what the FBI suspected once Individual 1 fired Comey.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation of the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/u...gtype=Homepage

That is not the FBI's job. It is congresses job to have investigative powers and oversight. People within the same executive branch trying to undermine a duly elected President.
Same with Mueller, he cannot investigate the President. That is sedition... Espionage. It is congress and only congresses job for investigative oversight on the executive.

Congressional oversight committee chairmen/women, were never notified, until Muellers appointment by Rosenstein, who recommended dismissal for Comey.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:52 PM

720 posts, read 504,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course Trump has been saying it's a witch hunt. That's what he does when he's caught in lies. Deny and deflect.

And please post data to show that hardly anybody believes that the FBI has a good reason to investigate Trump. Trump himself with his tweets and actions is what gave the FBI the impetus to pursue an investigation.

He and his supporters can cry witch hunt all they want. It won't stop any in of the investigations, thankfully. Lots and lots of people have cooperated with Mueller and God only knows who's cooperated with the FBI. If this is a witch hunt, it's been an awfully successful one.

Thinking Trump is crooked and has dirt that could potentially cost him an election (or land him in jail) is one thing. He probably does, but it's also likely it's no more than any other super rich guy has (shady business dealings, former flings, hiding money, bitter former colleagues/acquaintances, etc), so it's probably nothing any reasonable prosecutor would care to pursue.

I'm saying nobody believes the FBI has a good reason to investigate Trump in the aftermath of the 2016 election, other than they're mad he won or pissed he fired Comey. I think Trump talked a good game, ran a shoddy campaign, beat the odds and won. Period. I think this whole investigation is just the result of an outsider nobody likes being in a position of power. I think many Democrats and Republicans are more than happy to be a cheap date when it comes to accepting whatever rationale the government comes up with for investigating a sitting President -- no matter how thin it is -- since they don't like and don't trust Trump. I'm not necessarily a huge Trump fan either but I'm not going to just run with whatever excuse they give, either.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,462,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is not the FBI's job. It is congresses job to have investigative powers and oversight. People within the same executive branch trying to undermine a duly elected President.
Same with Mueller, he cannot investigate the President. That is sedition... Espionage. It is congress and only congresses job for investigative oversight on the executive.

Congressional oversight committee chairmen/women, were never notified, until Muellers appointment by Rosenstein, who recommended dismissal for Comey.
Wishful thinking.

Reading this opinion piece(listing facts that took place) brings the possibility of collusion, obstruction, and conspiracy together.

Here are 18 reasons Trump could be a Russian asset

On Friday, the New York Times reported that “in the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests.” That investigation may well be continuing under the auspices of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III. We don’t know what Mueller has learned. But we can look at the key, publicly available evidence that both supports and undercuts this explosive allegation.

Here is some of the evidence suggesting “Individual 1” could be a Russian “asset”:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.2920b67920b7

Old 01-13-2019, 09:00 PM

25,446 posts, read 9,903,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
Thinking Trump is crooked and has dirt that could potentially cost him an election (or land him in jail) is one thing. He probably does, but it's also likely it's no more than any other super rich guy has (shady business dealings, former flings, hiding money, bitter former colleagues/acquaintances, etc), so it's probably nothing any reasonable prosecutor would care to pursue.

I'm saying nobody believes the FBI has a good reason to investigate Trump in the aftermath of the 2016 election, other than they're mad he won or pissed he fired Comey. I think Trump talked a good game, ran a shoddy campaign, beat the odds and won. Period. I think this whole investigation is just the result of an outsider nobody likes being in a position of power. I think many Democrats and Republicans are more than happy to be a cheap date when it comes to accepting whatever rationale the government comes up with for investigating a sitting President -- no matter how thin it is -- since they don't like and don't trust Trump. I'm not necessarily a huge Trump fan either but I'm not going to just run with whatever excuse they give, either.
The FBI doesn't just arbitrarily pick somebody to investigate. They have their reasons. Doesn't matter what you or I or anyone else thinks. There are a couple of investigations going on and we'll all just have to wait to see what they turn up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies