Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 06:14 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,643,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
omg ... I totally forgot about the cowgirls. And yes, I have seen that too. Totally an amazing sight.

When in college we had a field trip to a hospice for psychology class ... and I spent a couple years as a security person at a major rodeo arena in Texas ... I am jealous as I am a petite person with a fantasy, that I love to watch in film, that which I was never able to do, in RL, what others obviously with a bit of training can.

I love cowgirls. Seen them do incredible things. Growing up I learned every bit as much about handling stock from the gals as I did the guys. That said I should add that the skill and grit I'm talking about here has nothing to do with any ability to kick butt on men. It's not a fighting ability or quality necessarily.

Oh I suppose it can translate to such needs be but in my experience only rarely was there any need of that sort. In handling rank stock like I said earlier rope and a cool thinking head are your best friends. Its not a contest of strength anywhere in the process. Rope and a very stout snubbing point is any humans physical strength in a contest with a rank horse or other big livestock. That way they are fighting themselves. That's the trick.

It isn't rocket science that they are stronger and bigger and will win hands down if you try to use your own muscles heads up against theirs. Yep it's a sight seeing a 110 pound 5'2 gal take a 16 hand 1100 pound horse with an attitude and adjust said attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,064,028 times
Quote:
You wouldn't say that if it were two men, about the same height and build ...

Ever hear of shirley muldowney ? Hollywood did a movie ... true story. Just so you know.
Keep tellin' yourself what you have to to get through the day....living in such a deluded dream world must be nice..LOL.

In that world I guess there exists gender blind prisons (why segregate male/females?...I mean, after all, based on your theory women can handle themselves as well as men), female bodyguards (yeah..not a thing for celebs or important people who want to be protected....yes, there are female Secret Service agents but only because it's a gov't employment job and they have to hire them on "equal opportunity" basis...no one who had a choice would hire a female over a male for protection), females playing against men on NFL teams/hockey/boxing/UFC, etc., etc.

And yes, I know who Shirley Muldowney is....what's your point? She sat in a dragster and drove it straight down a track AFTER it had been set up, maintained & prepared by her ALL MALE team of crew chief and mechanics while she sat it the pits filing her nails.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,742,721 times
I might have been off the mark with my comment #419 or maybe more likely it was just too long a comment, but after signing off with that comment and checking back in now, is it just me or is most of this "debate" about men vs women anything but just dumb?

Can all this effort really be spent debating the physical difference between men and women? More interesting to me anyway, is why certain people feel such a compulsion to get "their dog in this fight."

Fact is, if we compared ourselves the way some men are more inclined to compare themselves, we'd all be taking quite the second place behind most of the men playing NFL football, for example. Most men and women alike, so what's the point? We're all supposed to care, men or women, whether someone is bigger than us as a rule?

Or maybe we might spend more time arguing whether the average man or woman stands a chance against the average NFL player in brawl? Or playing basketball against the average NBA player?

https://www.psychguides.com/interact...erage-athlete/

No, not rocket science as some have suggested, but just how dumb can a debate get?

Old 01-22-2019, 10:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I might have been off the mark with my comment #419 or maybe more likely it was just too long a comment, but after signing off with that comment and checking back in now, is it just me or is most of this "debate" about men vs women anything but just dumb?

Can all this effort really be spent debating the physical difference between men and women? More interesting to me anyway, is why certain people feel such a compulsion to get "their dog in this fight."

Fact is, if we compared ourselves the way some men are more inclined to compare themselves, we'd all be taking quite the second place behind most of the men playing NFL football, for example. Most men and women alike, so what's the point? We're all supposed to care, men or women, whether someone is bigger than us as a rule?

Or maybe we might spend more time arguing whether the average man or woman stands a chance against the average NFL player in brawl? Or playing basketball against the average NBA player?

https://www.psychguides.com/interact...erage-athlete/

No, not rocket science as some have suggested, but just how dumb can a debate get?
Apparently not so dumb as to exclude you from participating in it.

If you actually believed what you said, would you have really posted as much as you have in this thread? Or are you just trying to be manipulative and to silence this discussion, since it is one that people who think like you believe is not "Politically correct"?

Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Keep tellin' yourself what you have to to get through the day....living in such a deluded dream world must be nice..LOL.

In that world I guess there exists gender blind prisons (why segregate male/females?...I mean, after all, based on your theory women can handle themselves as well as men), female bodyguards (yeah..not a thing for celebs or important people who want to be protected....yes, there are female Secret Service agents but only because it's a gov't employment job and they have to hire them on "equal opportunity" basis...no one who had a choice would hire a female over a male for protection), females playing against men on NFL teams/hockey/boxing/UFC, etc., etc.

And yes, I know who Shirley Muldowney is....what's your point? She sat in a dragster and drove it straight down a track AFTER it had been set up, maintained & prepared by her ALL MALE team of crew chief and mechanics while she sat it the pits filing her nails.

Yeah, it is a "thing" for celebs or important people who need to be protected.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7688541.html

https://www.bodyguardcareers.com/201...le-bodyguards/

Old 01-22-2019, 10:21 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
OP, this phenomenon has been around for a long time.

Started around the 1980's.

Example of it being "done right" would be Sarah Connor in Terminator 2 using weapons like mop handles etc. to take out guards etc.

Laughable examples would be crappy movies where they'd show some wispy thin 100lb actress knocking out dudes the size of nfl linebackers with a single punch.

My advice? Well there is a lot of bad TV and movies out there, more than you can watch in a lifetime.....um, don't watch it.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:26 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,287 times
Quote:
That's too funny ...
What about women mud wrestlers? Ever watched?

Dirty little teetees! Skeew!

Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,064,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yeah, it is a "thing" for celebs or important people who need to be protected.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a7688541.html

https://www.bodyguardcareers.com/201...le-bodyguards/
Did you even read what you linked???....LOL...yeah..the 3 MAIN reasons they list for the desire for female bodyguards are:

1. Blending in (unassuming...and there's that hopey thing where they MIGHT be able "to catch an assailant off guard"...HAHAHA - yeah just what you look for in a bodyguard...a Three Stooges type fake out...thanks, but I think most in power will choose a fit, large sized, stronger male who can deal with most any physical threat and not take the chance on "off guard, tricked ya" security..LOL.

2. Comfort - ???...oh yeah ..as they say - for "comfortable & respectable patdowns of females"...That'll work for psycho males, assassins, gang bangers, etc who will "respectfully" submit to such civilized procedures.

3. Conflict resolution...idea being that women supposedly can better "defuse an intense situation" (whether that be by crying or dropping their tops and flashing they don't say). And more level-headed???? WOMEN???!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Last edited by luckyram; 01-22-2019 at 04:39 PM..

Old 01-22-2019, 04:23 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Did you even read what you linked???....LOL...yeah..the 3 MAIN reasons they list for the desire for female bodyguards are:

1. Blending in (unassuming...and there's that hopey thing where they MIGHT be able "to catch an assailant off guard"...HAHAHA - yeah just what you look for in a bodyguard...a Three Stooges type fake out...thanks, but I think most in power will choose a fit, large sized, stronger male and not take the chance..LOL.

2. Comfort - ???...oh yeah ..as they say - for "comfortable & respectable patdowns of females"...That'll work for psycho males, assassins, gang bangers, etc who will "respectfully" submit to such civilized procedures.

3. Conflict resolution...idea being that women supposedly can better "defuse an intense situation" (whether that be by crying or dropping their tops and flashing they don't say). And more level-headed???? WOMEN???!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
And we could add a #4:

4) Virtue signaling.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:36 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
And guys wonder why some of us women think men are becoming more feminized... Defending their manhood over a fictional movie plot. It used to be, “ my dad can beat up your dad, and now it’s my dad can beat up.... your mom. ��
Most “ men “ would laugh this thread off.. takes some special snowflakes to get their panties in a bunch over some nonsense like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies