Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 04:24 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95559504764930

State of the Union = Broken government.
Congress cannot even secure endowed (sacred) rights (prosecute trespass; adjudicate disputes; defend against enemies, foreign or domestic).

Trump is going to take that power from Congress. 3pm tomorrow.
He is going to once again be the adult in the room next to the idiot Demonacraps. George B. allowed nancy to crash the US economy and precipitate a Global Financial Crisis last time she was Speaker, Trump's is going to stop her.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:33 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He is going to once again be the adult in the room next to the idiot Demonacraps. George B. allowed nancy to crash the US economy and precipitate a Global Financial Crisis last time she was Speaker, Trump's is going to stop her.
Do tell! How will he do that? : popcorn:

Old 01-19-2019, 04:38 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
They are illegal immigrants. Our country is crowded enough. Let them all move to your neighborhood and to your house. We need to take care of American citizens first. Liberals want to turn America into a third world country my letting in hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants. They hate America. They are riddled with white guilt. And liberals have no respect for the president...that's beyond traitorous behavior.

That's why they are worried about martial law...Traitors can get hung

Old 01-19-2019, 04:58 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
That's why they are worried about martial law...Traitors can get hung
A. The word is "hanged."

B. Opposing the president is not treason.

C. The last thread that went down this road did not end well.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:02 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I hope he does declare martial law. The courts won't be able to stop that and its justified by the coming invasion of more caravans.
I really hope you are joking.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:06 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I hope he declares an emergency, so it goes to the courts and gets rejected. Then, finally, we can move on with the business of getting this traitor out of office.

"Dreamin', always dreamin' "

Old 01-19-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wow. not only would you accept a dictatorship you're giddy about the possibility.
Funny when dems do DUMB things within the law they do NOT cry "dictatorship", but when a repub does.....

Being you claim to be so knowledgeable on these things, tell us WHAT LAW Trump would be breaking.

NOW is you chance to show how smart you ARE.

If you DON'T provide the info, we will ALL now how "smart" you are NOT.

Don't forget we STILL remember "I have phone and pen" and NOT WORD FROM YOU or the rest of the left about HIM being a dictator.

Hypocrisy at its finest!

Old 01-19-2019, 05:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
He'll declare an emergency because he knows it is his only way out. He will end the shutdown. He knows he will get sued out the wazoo , his emergency won't go anywhere and he will lose, yet at the same time he can still say 'We tried! The Democrats blocked it!'. Every single poll has the blame in him for the shutdown, because he said he would take credit for it. He knows if it goes on further the economy will absolutely tank biggly. I'm talkingike 3-8 points biggly. And he's supposed to have the greatest economy of all time.
If he does something and the courts end up blocking him, that is going to be a win for him. The Republicans will have a two pronged platform. The courts and Pelosi. Why the Democrats wanted to forget how much Pelosi hurt them before is beyond me.

Yes, it's sad that the courts will rule as proper but so many will still attack it as an attack on America but it's going to be a huge boost for the "right". "We have to win to change the courts and to beat "Liberals" like Pelosi".

Trump is the 8 year old that knows how to manipulate his parents into giving him what he wants. We can point out that the shut down tantrum has hurt Trump and it has right now but there was no boost for the Dems in return. It hurt them also. Trump is still able to play the role of the outsider. What Trump does IMO will be bad for the country but I do not see how he doesn't win here.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
One little problem with your idea.
If, along with declaring an emergency, he decides to declare martial law, that too is within his power as President, and during martial law, there are no courts, except military, and of course anyone with a high school education knows who is commander in chief of the military.
I just love busting people's bubble.

Bob.

"and of course anyone with a high school education knows who is commander in chief of the military."

We have at least 1 dem on here who claims the President is NOT in charge of the military.

I'd bet he is a Liberal Arts college grad!

Old 01-19-2019, 05:39 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
A. The word is "hanged."

B. Opposing the president is not treason.

C. The last thread that went down this road did not end well.

hung ,hanged no one cares but Grammar Nazis. I sure you get the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies