Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Keep clinging...don't worry, the next "Gotcha" will be fed to you in 3,... 2,...
Fair enough. Alot of lessons were learned here, sometimes journalist can get ahead of their skis and end up with egg on their faces (there is still a possibility they got this right)...and this also drives a steak into the heart that Mueller is an out of control prosecutor looking for a crime which seems to be a Right Wing talking point. If anything this has legitimized Mueller in eyes of the American people...so that when and what he reports about Trump Russia will be very difficult to knock down whether it incriminates or exonerates this president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 11:10 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, only trump supporters would wish that.
I have no skin in the game. Not a Trump supporter or liberal fanatic. Just looking at the facts. I could care less of Trump is impeached. He will be if the facts are there. No need to wish for anything. My mental well being is not based on Trump staying or being removed from office. For many here their whole life's future is based on it or so it appears.

Like I have said endlessly lets wait for the Mueller investigation to come up with whatever they do and then judge the situation. Taking a questionable news story from Buzzfeed and hyping it up seems pretty desperate. Even worse is after the Mueller rebuke some are trying to split hairs and make it into something that is not a rebuke.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:24 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Fair enough. Alot of lessons were learned here, sometimes journalist can get ahead of their skis and end up with egg on their faces (there is still a possibility they got this right)...and this also drives a steak into the heart that Mueller is an out of control prosecutor looking for a crime which seems to be a Right Wing talking point. If anything this has legitimized Mueller in eyes of the American people...so that when and what he reports about Trump Russia will be very difficult to knock down whether it incriminates or exonerates this president.
I can't rep you again but your post is well balanced and sensible.

Yes, I believe that having the Mueller team criticize the story as not being accurate lends them more credibility. They are looking for the truth, not trying to find for one side or the other, just taking their time to make sure no leaf is left unturned and going for the truth.

I dislike Trump but I want the honest to goodness truth.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:29 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I can't rep you again but your post is well balanced and sensible.

Yes, I believe that having the Mueller team criticize the story as not being accurate lends them more credibility. They are looking for the truth, not trying to find for one side or the other, just taking their time to make sure no leaf is left unturned and going for the truth.

I dislike Trump but I want the honest to goodness truth.
If you want truth you need to stop listening to the DNC hacks posing as journalists that run the MSM.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:43 AM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Someone asked early on in this thread, would we Trump supporters be ok with Mueller's report if it had proof Trump did wrong(or words to that effect).

I have always been a strong Trump supporter, but if it were shown, with verifiable proof, that he was involved in matters that go against the rule of law, he should not only be removed from office, but punished by the courts.
I would hold the same opinion about any public official.
One thing I would NEVER do , like many dems on this forum do, would be to find the President guilty in the court of public opinion.

The thinking of most , if not all you liberals on this forum, relates heavily to the Salem witch trials, and the obvious guilty before innocent mantra that was predominant in those days.
Thank the almighty our country is protected from people who think as you do.
We have laws, standards, and courts to deal with criminal behavior, and it is those who we entrust with carrying out those rules of law, that must take precedence, not some liberal forum members, who are not privy to information to make any kind of decision concerning guilt or innocence.

Bob.
can't rep you yet.

Very well said, and I agree

Old 01-19-2019, 11:45 AM

815 posts, read 737,351 times
But I thought the Special Counsel was a bunch of lying angry Democrats? So if their statements make Trump look good they are true and if not they are false? Is that how this works?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
These DNC trolls don't care about the truth. Anything negative about Trump is the truth to them.
Can you say hallelujah? I knew you could

President Trump cannot do ANYTHING GOOD in their opinion

I just wish that there were punishable laws about printing flat out lies like buzzfeed did. Maybe there are, what do I know, other than buzzfeed really screwed the pooch!

Old 01-19-2019, 11:51 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
This is an excellent observation. Thanks for sharing it.
Right. Mueller doesn't want people interfering with his investigation. Why does that surprise anyone? It's also insulting.

What's the point of a Congressional investigation if Mueller is doing his job?

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 01-19-2019 at 12:31 PM..

Old 01-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This whole, endless 2-year get trump hysteria has been a blight on the Republic. It's so difficult to get people to see clearly after they have engaged in this kind of mob mentality. Reminds me of a book I was assigned in college: "Extraordinary Popular Delusions & The Madness of Crowds".

The media, today, was literally convinced that Trump was going to be impeached. You could see the fever building. Total delusion, yet they were convinced this was the "silver bullet" that was going to get Trump....this after what....20 other stories like it over the past several years? The same lunacy repeated day after day.
Excellent post!!! Sorry I can't rep you yet

Hey, all you Trump haters, watch and WEEP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEP4_QAMsRU

Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The nation deserves better than a corrupt moron. And yes, practically anyone would have been a better choice than a low-life twho ripped off fellow Americans. Only a dishrag supports a thief that would screw them over at the drop of a hat. Only a dishrag with no self-respect.
Well, this deplorable dishrag is very happy (and you should also be happy, but I'm sure that you aren't)

Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies