Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 06:06 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,531,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-ZlQ8haS7A0tWw

NBC Op-Ed Admits Facts Don't Matter on Covington, Because Kids MAGA Hats 'Spoke Hate'

Facts? What facts? We don't need no stinking facts.

"The frightening new reality is that the media has gone from excusing harassment, intimidation and violence from the left to admitting that it's deserved, if you’re wearing the “wrong” political apparel."
idiocy cranked to 11.

Quote:
Before he encountered Omaha elder Nathan Phillips at the Lincoln Memorial, Covington High School student Nick Sandmann had already taken steps to provoke and insult people of color. He'd put on a MAGA hat.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:07 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
"It's not rape if she enjoys it' said one of the angelic, sainted young men at the forced birth rally.

No one in this scenario is a hero so let's all stop pretending.
Drat, you didn't leave the thread

Nobody claims the teens are angelic or sainted. I doubt they, their families, or the school would make that claim. I'd bet anything, some of those kids did or said things they'd rather no one knows about.

Now that more is known about the incident in the initial viral video, the tactic is obvious. Find anything that's not perfecto about the students and the school, true or not, to change the narrative. Slimy.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:09 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I brought up that article as it was from the very beginning and shows how much Phillips was pushing his agenda via lies and the MSM jumped on it with zero effort to substantiate the story. He is not a victim, he perpetrated the story.
Even days later, after most of the facts had become known, ABC News Nightline still promoted Phillips' account as truthful and presented him as a hero.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:09 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I read somewhere, cannot recall where now, that the kids were enjoying some free time to sightsee prior to meeting their bus. They either had one chaperone present when they arrived at the Memorial, or one arrived right afterward (it’s unclear) and it was that chaperone who purportedly had the kids break into their school song in an effort to diffuse the tension and drown out the Black Israelites, who were on quite a tear.

I’m not sure I agree that it was a good idea to leave teens wandering through a highly-charged demonstrative environment, but if annoying smirks are the worst crime those kids committed I’d say they are good kids.

I caught an interview with the Black Israelite leader who was present. He is 100% totally unrepentant about their actions ... and in fact blasted Phillips for interrupting them during their “teaching” of the boys. lol. Zero effs to give. I had to laugh at his in-your-face nature. He is in his own atmosphere.
I want to say that I saw the same interview (New York Post). I'm not sure why you'd think they'd recant their words or have remorse. If you're familiar with the street teacher segment of Hebrew Israelites then you'd be familiar with the more radical approach. Im being neutral here but the HI being interviewed didn't blast the Native elder....he just said he came in the middle of his teachings. I have to look more into the Native elder but I don't think his intent was to incite either but to calm the situation. Now the kids, well I don't think they knew what was going on and it showed.

Back to that particular Israelite group. Well, they have an unpopular message that should have went to the Proud Boys, Hells Angels, Neo Nazis, gangs, etc. That wasn't a good look in my opinion for what they're trying to accomplish.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:13 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Right.

What's so amusing to me is that the left is always claiming people are brainwashed by Trump that the main stream media is pushing false narratives.

This is a perfect example of what I always say...…….we don't and never did need Trump to tell us that.

Its obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Amen. And it's not just the news media like CNN and the print media that show zero responsibility with repeating the false stories that fly around the internet. It's also those on the left that have a public voice via Twitter, their personal web pages and other outlets.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:17 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Even days later, after most of the facts had become known, ABC News Nightline still promoted Phillips' account as truthful and presented him as a hero.
They can't let go of that intersectional lottery they have right there.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:24 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

People are on their own these days to dig for facts and a realistic picture of events that make the evening news. In this respect, the internet is a treasure trove of information that the established news media misreports.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:27 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
"It's not rape if she enjoys it' said one of the angelic, sainted young men at the forced birth rally.

That child it is being reported was not one of the Covington kids.

However, before I get all outraged can you explain to me what his comment even means?

I mean, it goes without saying if you are enjoying sex with someone you aren't likely being raped.

Seems the kid said something stupid...…….which is up to his parents/teachers to deal with...…..not the whole country lol.

But, really what does it even mean?

Old 01-24-2019, 06:39 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Teens, you realize there’s a difference right? Teenagers do not want to be called children!
No, they are still children. It doesn't matter if teens don't want to be called children, they are children.

Adults harassed and threatened them while they waited for a bus.

And then, adults went ahead and attacked, some threatened, and continue to do so, after they went home and attempted to resume their lives.

Out of all of the people - the Israelites, Phillips and his buddies, the kids, and everyone else in the world talking about the story, the ones who have acted the most adult have been the kids - despite the fact that they are the ones who have been treated jaw droppingly disrespectfully.

If you can claim child support until the kid turns 18, then guess what - he's a child.
If you can claim the child tax credit until the kid turns 18, then guess what - he's a child.

Adults have been harassing, threatening, and attacking children.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:39 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,942,643 times
Quote:

That is not what that kid said.

He said "It's not rape if you enjoy it"... and it was a clapback directed at one of the BHI @ssholes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies