Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a MAGA hat a symbol of hate?
Yes - A MAGA hat is a symbol of hate. 72 28.57%
No - A MAGA hat is simply showing support for a politician or political movement. 173 68.65%
Neither - I'm just covering up the bald spot on my head. 7 2.78%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 11:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
We crushed Trumpism in the recent midterms, you peak was one day in nov 2016. We have the house, you don't, so tough. The house controls the purse, so tough. That means you get nothing for your wall of hate , so tough.

(see how throwing tough in the text does not improve discourse ....)
Who cares if you have the house. We have the presidency, the senate, the supreme court, and most of the state governorships & legislatures. So therefore, it is your side that will have to come to the bargaining table to get some things done and get the government reopened.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
We crushed Trumpism in the recent midterms, you peak was one day in nov 2016. We have the house, you don't, so tough. The house controls the purse, so tough. That means you get nothing for your wall of hate , so tough.

(see how throwing tough in the text does not improve discourse ....)
You didn't crush crap!

Less seats in the house than the past 6-8 midterms

We'll see about the wall

Old 01-22-2019, 11:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Most likely yes. They probably weren't in 2016, but today, wearing a MAGA hat serves to terrorize minorities in this country.

I will add though that there are wearers of the hat that don't quite realize what it stands for, and themselves don't necessarily stand for hate.

So what you are saying is that if any person of color sees someone wearing a hat in 2019, they are terrorized?

GTFOH Sure doesn't look like it to me.

https://www.ebony.com/wp-content/upl.../07/blackk.png

Old 01-22-2019, 11:23 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yes, it's a symbol of hate. They don't deserve any physical abuse but if they are going to wear those hats in public they should expect to be called out verbally for their racism and bigotry.

Random stranger standing in line with me at the bank? Eh. Why bother?

Group of protesters wearing hats? Heck no. They are itching for a confrontation, why should I give it to them? It's not like we're going to change each other's minds shouting at each other.

Person wearing a MAGA hat and harassing a woman or POC? I would hope I have the courage to intervene, whether they were wearing the hat or not.

Friend or acquaintance wearing the hat? I'd ask what it means to them, and what led them to make the decision to wear it and decide whether I want to keep spending time with this person.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Yes, it's a symbol of hate. They don't deserve any physical abuse but if they are going to wear those hats in public they should expect to be called out verbally for their racism and bigotry.

Sounds like your issue.....

https://www.ebony.com/wp-content/upl.../07/blackk.png

Old 01-22-2019, 11:28 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
If it is a symbol of hate, do people who wear MAGA hats in public deserve any abuse they receive over it? I'm talking verbal abuse and maybe some minor physical abuse such as knocking the hat off of the person's head.

Edit to add: I do understand that you can vote yes - that it is a symbol of hate, and not believe people wearing the hat deserve any sort of verbal and/or mild physical abuse. That's a separate question, more of a follow up for those who voted yes.
No, it's not. It was a campaign slogan.

A successful one at that.

To those that voted yes, I say...

Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Old 01-22-2019, 11:29 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I'm throwing in the BULLCRAP flag!!

There is no way in HELL that me, or anyone, wearing a MAGA hat means that we are more or less racists or bigots than any liberal.

It's a political statement. Our country got run down with bowing obuma and previous Presidents. And President Trump wants to rectify that.

It's a damn shame that the libturds and RINOs in Congress are trying to block every move he makes
mike it would serve you well to investigate progressive taxation and why it helps YOU.

Obama did more for your children and grandchildren than the last 5 POTUS combined. Yet you disparage him because you listen to the propaganda of the ultra wealthy. That propaganda is designed to trick you into voting against your own self interests, the long term interests of the nation etc.

Obama was the FIRST POTUS in forty or more years who put the average american above corps/capital holders. Virtual every fiscal policy in the last 40 years has favored capital... So unless you are super rich you support of trumpism has hurt your family long term. The Trump tax scam is exactly the opposite of what he promised you.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:31 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
LOL. So Antifa dorks need to be called out also?

Most of the time it is a symbol of "I like someone controversial and am proud of it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, they're a symbol of a line often attributed to P T Barnum.
You win this thread

Old 01-22-2019, 11:34 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Who cares if you have the house. We have the presidency, the senate, the supreme court, and most of the state governorships & legislatures. So therefore, it is your side that will have to come to the bargaining table to get some things done and get the government reopened.
Yeah, you've had 'em for two long years, and Trump never had a wall tantrum then, when he could have gotten one? Why is that?

And here's the thing regarding the 'bargaining table.' Dems have no reason to 'bargain.' They passed a bill that already passed in the Senate and before Donny threw his tantrum.

In addition, the Dems are fairly united compared to the GOP. They have no reason to do anything--they've done their job. It's up to McConnell, who has been hiding in his shell.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
I said neither, because it depends on the individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies