Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 08:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Things that can go wrong during pregnancy are not the definition of "viable" fetus.

To my knowledge it has always been legal to do what's necessary to save the life of the mother during a difficult or complicated birth.

But that's not what these new laws Democrats are proposing are calling for
Your knowledge is mistaken. It is not always legal.

https://jezebel.com/interview-with-a...-at-1781972395

Old 01-30-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Having a baby is not being "punished" for having sex.

It is a natural consequence.

But a baby being aborted is being punished for your irresponsibility.
It is being punished. Pregnancy is life-changing. It is laden with risks. If you can't get pregnant, then you have no idea. And a fertilized egg isn't a baby, and a non-viable fetus isn't a baby. You and I may have different opinions, but your opinion does not negate my opinion. My opinion is valid, and is even supported by science. Your opinion is valid, but is supported by faith, not science.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:28 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It is responsibility. Abortions are not cheap or painless. They are not convenient. They are not easy.

People have sex. If you want women to stop having sex except when they want to get a child, who are men going to have sex with? Each other? People have sex. We are all (or most of us) born with a sex drive. We naturally seek to have sex, and we naturally enjoy sex. That's the real world. And there is no reason that women should be punished for that.
More than one man on this forum has stated that people should only be having sex for procreation .

Old 01-30-2019, 08:30 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,405,587 times
Quote:
The majority of women who decide for an abortion are already mothers. They know what the consequences and risks are. They know how expensive a pregnancy can be, never mind how expensive raising a child can be. They know about their own medical histories. They know that pregnancy is actually dangerous, that women die from complications of pregnancy and childbirth. They know that they generally can't take their newborn to work with them, and how difficult it is to find good, affordable daycare. They know that they can't afford to not work for the next year or two. They know because they've been down this road before.
Need to get going as mention, but just caught your post.

What you are saying are too things:

-It's going to cost them too much Money. How can anyone compare Money to a Child. By the way, I hope those Mothers are Married.

-It's too Risky and too Dangerous. How about them being responsible getting their Tubes Tied for example before they have reach this point that you speak of.

Also want to say that I am speaking in general and nothing against you personally.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:31 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So the OP is basically rooting for RBG to die. And he/she pretends to be pro-life.

Ohio's draconian law will be easily overturned, as all the others like it have been, and the SC won't touch it. Your dream of turning women into incubators and forcing them to give birth against their will is just that, a dream. Sad!
Yeah. And so are the other pro-lifers around here.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Need to get going as mention, but just caught your post.

What you are saying are too things:

-It's going to cost them too much Money. How can anyone compare Money to a Child. By the way, I hope those Mothers are Married.

-It's too Risky and too Dangerous. How about them being responsible getting their Tubes Tied for example before they have reach this point that you speak of.

Also want to say that I am speaking in general and nothing against you personally.
I don't think I am saying two things. I'm saying that each woman's life is different, and that every woman has a responsibility to make choices that are best for her. She can include anyone else she chooses in that decision-making process, but to not consider what the consequences of an unwanted pregnancy, and an unwanted child would be, that would be not moral, not responsible, and not intelligent. Considering the consequences and her options is moral.

As for "How can anyone compare Money to a Child," how can anyone who is responsible who has to pay for the care, food, clothing, housing, transportation, education, and well-being of a child not think about how she is going to pay for it?

I think it would be better if all men who are opposed to abortion got themselves "fixed". A vasectomy is much less invasive, less risky and less expensive than a tubal ligation. And while vasectomies do sometimes fail, so do tubal ligations.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:43 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you think people who are agnostic or are atheists are immoral, and if so they are inherently immoral because of their agnosticism or atheism?

No.

But what does that have to do with late term abortions?

Old 01-30-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Abortion of a non-viable fetus?????????

You do understand what non-viable means?

Do you understand that viability can be determined long before the moment of birth?

Do you understand that the laws Democrats are calling for now aren't talking about simply needing to save the life of the mother during a complicated birth?

Old 01-30-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
No one waits until moments before birth to determine if a fetus is viable. WTH are you talking about?
In case you missed it the first time....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRefukTfIo

Old 01-30-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
It is being punished. Pregnancy is life-changing. It is laden with risks. If you can't get pregnant, then you have no idea. And a fertilized egg isn't a baby, and a non-viable fetus isn't a baby. You and I may have different opinions, but your opinion does not negate my opinion. My opinion is valid, and is even supported by science. Your opinion is valid, but is supported by faith, not science.

When they're talking about abortion up until birth, you're wrong.

And BTW I'm an agnostic libertarian.....my opinion about abortion is not based on Christianity or any other religion.

It is based on simple human morals.....the concept or right and wrong. And to clarify, that does not mean I think that all abortion should be illegal.

I know that's a difficult concept for liberals to wrap their brain around but read it again and let it sink in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies