Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in man made climate change?
Yes 123 59.42%
No 84 40.58%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 10:59 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times

Advertisements

I do.

I trust the scientists that are studying climate change know what they are doing. They can see what the climate was over hundreds of thousands of years, I believe. They can see how it has accelerated over the last 100 years, an acceleration they have never seen before. They can logically assume that the major change to the atmosphere has been caused by humans burning fossil fuels.

I often wonder if climate science deniers somehow believe that the scientists attracted to that work are somehow less qualified than other scientists. That they pick and choose which science to believe. That NASA can do incredible things in space because of science, but when it comes to climate change and NASA's stance, they are suddenly somehow wrong.

To me it shows, a lack of critical thinking, to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I do.

I trust the scientists that are studying climate change know what they are doing. They can see what the climate was over hundreds of thousands of years, I believe. They can see how it has accelerated over the last 100 years, an acceleration they have never seen before. They can logically assume that the major change to the atmosphere has been caused by humans burning fossil fuels.

I often wonder if climate science deniers somehow believe that the scientists attracted to that work are somehow less qualified than other scientists. That they pick and choose which science to believe. That NASA can do incredible things in space because of science, but when it comes to climate change and NASA's stance, they are suddenly somehow wrong.

To me it shows, a lack of critical thinking, to be honest.

they can logical assume that the major change to the atmosphere has been caused by humans burning fossil fuels????? LOL

many scientists believed the world was flat.........some critical thinking there.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:04 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Certainly people across the pond are concerned...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...imate-60658612

Old 01-27-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
they can logical assume that the major change to the atmosphere has been caused by humans burning fossil fuels????? LOL

many scientists believed the world was flat.........some critical thinking there.
LOL...What scientists believe the earth is flat? There is no assumption that burning fossil fuels is changing the atmosphere...There is a thing called evidence...

Carbon is the backbone of life on Earth. We are made of carbon, we eat carbon, and our civilizations—our economies, our homes, our means of transport—are built on carbon. We need carbon, but that need is also entwined with one of the most serious problems facing us today: global climate change.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/fe...ycle/page1.php

Old 01-27-2019, 11:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Certainly people across the pond are concerned...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...imate-60658612

They'll be rioting in the streets next week when they slap a tax on fuel to combat climate change.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They'll be rioting in the streets next week when they slap a tax on fuel to combat climate change.
I doubt that, especially if the tax is done correctly.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL...What scientists believe the earth is flat? There is no assumption that burning fossil fuels is changing the atmosphere...There is a thing called evidence...

Carbon is the backbone of life on Earth. We are made of carbon, we eat carbon, and our civilizations—our economies, our homes, our means of transport—are built on carbon. We need carbon, but that need is also entwined with one of the most serious problems facing us today: global climate change.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/fe...ycle/page1.php

that was sarcasm..........the most serious problem facing us today: climate change? LOL

Old 01-27-2019, 11:37 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

Some I'm sure did, many did not. It's mostly a myth. Columbus for example knew the world was round, and you know what? It's science that figure it all out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

Secondly, comparing those scholars, who methods and technology can't compare to what we have today. The test of scientific theories was very, very different. Look at poor Galileo and his conflict with the church.

Explain why climate scientists should be less trusted than others?

Last edited by Natnasci; 01-27-2019 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-28-2019, 01:34 AM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Wow. Every now and again I wander into a thread like this only to be reminded how God d*mned stupid some people are.

Climate change deniers. Jesus.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:46 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
And what scientific evidence and research do you have that shows this to be true? That is, evidence to show current warming has anything to do with man-made emissions? Let's not pull out evidence that can be written off as correlation rather than causation. Let's deal with nothing but concrete, quantifiable and reproducible evidence using original data, not data sets that have been modified to produce a specific outcome. You know like the infamous "Hide the decline" data set.

There is little to no actual science to the "Climate Science" community's work nowadays. Instead of science, what we get are pre-concluded conjecture of a desired outcome, then supposed scientists using any and every possible statistical manipulation in order to show how the correlated evidence for such claims is actually causation in their theories. Then every single time those theories which use grossly manipulated data sets and pre-concluded outcomes are left to play out over a period of years, each and EVERY one of them has been wrong.

Therefore what we get, instead of science, is nothing more than religion because it requires blind faith to believe the fallacy. That faith MUST be blind because it requires us to forget the last doom and gloom models and exchange them for the new, upgraded models which are created by using more and more manipulation to the original data in order to continue to predict such doom and gloom. One need look no further than the email communications between these conspiring supposed scientists to see their collusion in manipulating data sets in order to reach their desired objectives.

Is climate change happening? Sure it is. It always has. Is climate change man-made? There is correlating evidence which implies human action MIGHT be contributing, even if at a minuscule amount, but there is ZERO scientific evidence that human activity is causing climate change, especially catastrophic climate change. That means the supposed science of catastrophic anthropogenic climate change is nothing more than a blind faith SCAM.

I need to add a statement I left out. I am not a conservative. I was one years ago but now am a diehard Libertarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies