Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 08:18 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

I was listening to NPR while driving the other day and some pundit was talking about after leaving office he needs to "rehabilitate his character".

I can understand why people don't feel comfortable with him as governor but this was 34 years ago and an immature young man. If we took a show of hands here and asked who changed a lot, matured, wiser etc. since teen years and somebody didn't raise their hand then I'd either think they were lying or a rather pitiful person.

I'd say the same if this were a Repub, I can understand resignation but the wholesale character assassination is over the top imo. Especially when you consider all the bad actions we've all been party to in our teenage and college years....but because nobody recorded them or snapped a picture etc. we're *sniff* better than those that have been caught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Agreed.

Its not 1924, when the Democratic convention was nicknamed the Klanbake due to giant KKK rallies.

There are tiny fringe elements in 2019, but today we're talking a rally of dozens when they gather. Most there are counter-protestors.
An open air rally has nothing to do with their actual numbers, thats simply people who dont care what you think of them.

There are plenty of racist people who live their lives everyday and never draw attention to themselves.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:21 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
His campaign ran an ad against his Republican opponent that showed one of his supporters trying to run over immigrant kids. This was a character assassination ad. Wanting a wall on the border and serious border security is not about wanting to kill immigrant kids.

He also this week came out in favor of post birth abortion.

I think the only person who has assasinated his character is the governor.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:22 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
An open air rally has nothing to do with their actual numbers, thats simply people who dont care what you think of them.

There are plenty of racist people who live their lives everyday and never draw attention to themselves.

and they are 99.999% harmless.

100 years ago, KKK numbered 3 million, with about 5% of white males in it.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:22 PM

The reason that Charlottesville rally got violent was the counter protesters, antifa people.

If people would ignore those people, they will eventually stop doing rallies. What they want most is attention.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:22 PM

230 posts, read 94,987 times
If the GOP had nominated Corey Stewart instead of that RINO they did nominate for governor last go around he would have beat this racist leftist and Virginia would have a decent Governor.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:24 PM

I doubt that given Virginia is about as left as California now, with the DC metro being so government oriented.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
If I'm on Northam's staff and he calls a staff meeting on Super Bowl Sunday, I'm weighing my options. Go to a staff meeting on Super Bowl Sunday called by a man who might have to resign soon for wearing blackface or watch the Super Bowl. I think the Super Bowl it would have been!

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 02-03-2019 at 09:53 PM..

Old 02-03-2019, 09:44 PM

230 posts, read 94,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I doubt that given Virginia is about as left as California now, with the DC metro being so government oriented.
Who knows. Gillespie lost places Stewart would have won like Roanoke and Danville

Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not the govenors job to eliminate racism. There are only a handful of white supremists groups and they have no power. There is no such thing as white privilege. There is no such thing as male privilege. Sexism is not a problem.

Your post, just like the big government policies you follow, is garbage.
If he resigned it would set an example. He was not a kid. It was not 1950.

well, there is a little bit of white privilege, and male privilege. Sexism is still a little bit of a problem. None of it is as bad as it used to be but we, as a country, can do better. I'm centrist Democrat and this stupid Virginia governor has got to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies