Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Democrats' new abortion position?
Yes, choosing whether a baby lives or dies after birth is a decision between a woman and her doctor. 15 11.45%
No, this is premeditated murder. 108 82.44%
Not sure/don't know/undecided/other 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 12:39 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is why I hate the anti-choice right.

Always distortions and lies.

The governor's comments where in exactly this context.

A late term baby is delivered during an intended abortion that has so many deformities or problems that the life expectancy is very short and the cost of care for it in the remaining days/weeks it has to live very high.

This is where the "conversation" he referenced between the doctor and and woman is had during delivery. The conversation is similar to what happens at the end of life when the family agrees that moving a dying elderly patient to hospice and stopping expensive procedures is the best option. This scenario in the context of a baby that is born alive is also exceedingly rare.

The anti-choice right would have you believe the conversation was over whether or not to terminate the life of a healthy baby who would otherwise live just fine simply because the mother does not want it.
I am pro-life person save for rape or if it is to save the woman's life. That said, both pro-choice and pro-life circles will present their versions of truth regarding the issues of abortion. Thus, we might see lies even from the pro-choice crowds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 12:47 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
The law is sane and compassionate. I fully support it.
Yes, killing near-birth babies so that their selfish, irresponsible parents can enjoy a hassle-free life is "sane and compassionate".

Old 02-06-2019, 12:49 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
This poll is like asking the question: Do you still beat your wife?

It is not even a poll, it is just garden variety trolling.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:53 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
I think this started because of VA Gov. Northam's idiot response to a question on late-term abortion. Here's how the AP quoted him: He said if a woman were to desire an abortion as she’s going into labor, the baby would be delivered and “resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue†between doctors and the mother.

The follow-up question would have been what if the mother and the family didn't want to resuscitate the baby. I would hope it's obvious to Northam (although clearly from his yearbook photos, he's an idiot) as well as everyone on this board that it's murder to kill a baby after birth.

Why would a viable infant need to be "resuscitated", exactly?

Old 02-06-2019, 12:55 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Just wondering how people feel about the Democrats' new abortion position. That position was articulated by Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, when he stated that one option would be to deliver the baby, make him or her comfortable, and then have a discussion with the mother about whether the baby should live or die.

Personally, I strongly disagree. What do you think?
Here's the context. You guys really need to do your research.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b043e25b1a5cb3

Doctors are not going to willy nilly be snuffing out live babies. Jesus. What is wrong with you people?

Old 02-06-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Yes, killing near-birth babies so that their selfish, irresponsible parents can enjoy a hassle-free life is "sane and compassionate".

You need to educate yourself about what the law says.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:00 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post

This law we are discussing is sane and compassionate. I don't know what sort of thing you're talking about. Do you?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:00 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Yes I support parents decisions to not provide for heroic measures to keep a terminally ill baby alive. I support any person that has to make that choice for any person that they have POA over. I had to do so for my father when he was near the end of his life after multiple rounds of chemo.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and this is why legalized abortion is the slippery slope. the state of virginia legislature is debating a bill that would allow post birth abortions for those mothers that dont want the child. and yes there are doctors that would take full advantage of that law should it come to pass. another term for post birth abortion is infanticide.

the funny thing is that the liberals here keep poo pooing the idea, and say it would never happen, like they do many things that have a slippery slope to them, and yet they end up happening, and the liberals will then scream that if we dont accept it that we are somehow the evil people in the room here not them.
This is an article regarding the VA abortion issue.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b043e25b1a5cb3

Nobody that I'm aware of practices infanticide. But oh yeah, except not providing healthcare to children who are here and need it. I guess that could be considered infanticide.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Tran's bill was killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies