Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Democrats' new abortion position?
Yes, choosing whether a baby lives or dies after birth is a decision between a woman and her doctor. 15 11.45%
No, this is premeditated murder. 108 82.44%
Not sure/don't know/undecided/other 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 09:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The fact is, Democrats and liberals like you are intentionally misrepresenting what everyone heard Governor Northam say.

He let the truth slip out, and you don't like it. That's his and your problem, not ours.
That's hilarious. You don't actually quote Northam, you papaphrase it, because you don't like the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 09:27 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
The fact is, Democrats and liberals like you are intentionally misrepresenting what everyone heard Governor Northam say.

He let the truth slip out, and you don't like it. That's his and your problem, not ours.
Someone hasn't read the quote I see.... More proof you guys don't care about truth. Here, I'll help you out with the WHOLE quote, not just a portion taken out of context and posted to conservative news sites and Twitter feeds.

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician, by the way," Northam said. "And it's done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

Maybe this will straighten it up for those of you who can't be bothered to look at the whole picture on your own?

17,637 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
What exactly did he say? Exact quotes please.
There are multiple clips out there. Google is your friend.

You may have to venture outside of CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the DNC media scrubbed all the footage of what he said.

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's hilarious. You don't actually quote Northam, you papaphrase it, because you don't like the truth.
Do you? You're the OP and you misrepresented what Northam said.

Quote:
Do you people actually LISTEN to what your duly elected racist leaders actually say?
We do LISTEN. And we READ, too.

Your paraphrases aren't accurate. Sorry.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
There are multiple clips out there. Google is your friend.

You may have to venture outside of CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the DNC media scrubbed all the footage of what he said.
Google is your friend, too. Links, please. Because your paraphrasing is garbage.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Someone hasn't read the quote I see.... More proof you guys don't care about truth. Here, I'll help you out with the WHOLE quote, not just a portion taken out of context and posted to conservative news sites and Twitter feeds.

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician, by the way," Northam said. "And it's done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

Maybe this will straighten it up for those of you who can't be bothered to look at the whole picture on your own?
I can read it just fine. You must have failed reading comprehension in grade school. Seems to be a recurrent problem with liberals. First they couldn't understand what the meaning of "is" was, now they can't read a paragraph and understand what's being said.

He said he would deliver a baby. The baby would be alive, then kept comfortable, and then killed if the mother wanted to do that. It's in black and white.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We do LISTEN. And we READ, too.

Your paraphrases aren't accurate. Sorry.
Another one with reading comprehension issues. Not my problem. Continue the delusion, it doesn't matter to me.

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:

Northam said that a baby would be resuscitated then the doctor and the parents could discuss further. A healthy baby does not need to be resuscitated only a ill baby would need this. All parents have the right to make medical decisions for their children even the choice to refuse further medical intervention.

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Not just depressed, but what about suicidal? What if she is going to kill herself and the baby? Maybe she could be institutionalized. I don't know the procedure for that. Would it be right to hold a woman under guard to insure that she delivers? That certainly sounds like a forced birth, doesn't it?
So I guess all kids of mentally ill mothers should be killed? That's your argument for murder? Why not extend it to the other parent then... the dad is mental, so the doctor kills the baby to "protect" it.

Do you not realize how crazy your argument is FOR MURDER?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies