Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM

28 posts, read 187,270 times

Advertisements

Im asking bc im black and my older sister was raped when she was 12 by a white man and needless to say she doesnt really like white ppl anymore. When something like that happens (like a white person who was mugged by a black or latino person), do you think the victim in whatever case has a certain right to not like that race? or should they be able to get over it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 10:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
I would hope they can get over it and realize its not the whole race, since three of my friends were jumped by a gang of black guys with cro-bars and all sent to the hospital. Since they are my friends does that give me the right to be racist and hate you? Come on, think before you post a question like this.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 PM

28 posts, read 187,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I would hope they can get over it and realize its not the whole race, since three of my friends were jumped by a gang of black guys with cro-bars and all sent to the hospital. Since they are my friends does that give me the right to be racist and hate you? Come on, think before you post a question like this.
idk does it?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfloridagurl View Post
idk does it?
Maybe an idiot would see that way with their ignorance, look at it this way. It is an event which a single person has done, how can you blame an entire race for the problem of one person. It is flat out ignorance to blame an entire race for the mistake of one person. Of course we have the RIGHT to hate anyone we want, but does that make it right? I sure as hell don't think so. Everybody is different, and you cannot classify an entire race with one individual.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:
Im asking bc im black and my older sister was raped when she was 12 by a white man and needless to say she doesnt really like white ppl anymore. When something like that happens (like a white person who was mugged by a black or latino person), do you think the victim in whatever case has a certain right to not like that race? or should they be able to get over it?
What happened to your sister was shameful, and she has a right to be angry. But "races" are huge groups of millions of people, and many people are of MIXED race. You just can't hold millions of people responsible for the actions of a few..or even of MANY.

Awareness of 'race' is probably built into our genes. Your sister's reaction is understandable, but it isn't 'all right'. She shouldn't be encouraged to dislike all MALES, either. Not always EASY, but that's what we must do. Hope your sister finds peace...

Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 PM

877 posts, read 2,769,312 times
Quote:
If your sister has not had therapy or spiritual counsel to deal with this shameful act that happened to her, I hope she does as it is never too late. As far as hating white people, it may be hard for her but as we get older and experience more, we do need to realize that the action of one person of a race does not mean that all people of that race are the same. All races have their bad seed, and it would be a tragedy in life if she was not able to recognize and see the goodness in people of other races, regardless of the actions of this one man.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM

89 posts, read 66,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Maybe an idiot would see that way with their ignorance, look at it this way. It is an event which a single person has done, how can you blame an entire race for the problem of one person. It is flat out ignorance to blame an entire race for the mistake of one person. Of course we have the RIGHT to hate anyone we want, but does that make it right? I sure as hell don't think so. Everybody is different, and you cannot classify an entire race with one individual.
Do you believe pitbulls are inherently more aggressive and violence-prone than other dog breeds?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veltz View Post
Do you believe pitbulls are inherently more aggressive and violence-prone than other dog breeds?
Well from what studies and numbers have shown, yes I do think so. But your comparison is like comparing a grizzly bear to a black bear, both can be dangerous if provoked, but I'd much rather see the black bear in the forest than a grizzly any day!

What exactly are you getting at from your comment anyways..?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,564 times
I know a guy who is racist towards people of color, but only if he doesn't like them.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I know a guy who is racist towards people of color, but only if he doesn't like them.
I think this is my first time liking one of your comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies