Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2019, 11:33 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,095,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I live in the UNITED STATES Virgin Islands (a territory like Puerto Rico, which I can see from my porch). Are we not part of “America” either when the US flag is actually part of our flag?

Oh yea...guess what passport we all hold?

love your responses _____this country is lucky to have you all as a part.

Alas there are so many trumponians residing in America that are afraid of brown skin,other languages,especially because those possessing such attributes may be smarter and more productive than them.

It is as bad as the fifties when I was growing up,with familial anxiety that I would resemble my lovely mixed nana.

Some people may not recognize your country as part of the U.S.A.,so just chalk that up to island envy

Old 03-02-2019, 12:00 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,106,769 times
Quote:
I live in the UNITED STATES Virgin Islands (a territory like Puerto Rico, which I can see from my porch). Are we not part of “America” either when the US flag is actually part of our flag?

Oh yea...guess what passport we all hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
love your responses _____this country is lucky to have you all as a part.

Alas there are so many trumponians residing in America that are afraid of brown skin,other languages,especially because those possessing such attributes may be smarter and more productive than them.

It is as bad as the fifties when I was growing up,with familial anxiety that I would resemble my lovely mixed nana.

Some people may not recognize your country as part of the U.S.A.,so just chalk that up to island envy

It's amazing now that liberals are newfound proponents of colonialism.

I thought (according to liberal dogma) that colonialism was inherently wrong. I guess only when it doesn't suit an agenda.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:51 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,195,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's amazing now that liberals are newfound proponents of colonialism.

I thought (according to liberal dogma) that colonialism was inherently wrong. I guess only when it doesn't suit an agenda.
Guess you’re going to avoid the questions.

Who said I’m a liberal? I am not. In fact, our prior Governor was a registered Republican that ran independent. It’s back and forth here. You should really get a clue.

The U.S. has long had colonies and both parties have taken no issue with that.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
both parties have taken no issue with that.
I would beg to differ, but whatever. It's a moot point.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:29 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,031,425 times
There is no pure race, and everyone is mixed in some way or another.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I said nothing about marriage in this thread.

The commercials on TV are very contrived - they are trying to push an agenda, that is all I said.

It's forced - it is not organic in any way. And it's an extension of the lies we have been being told by our politicians now for 50 years.

It's all there.

There is a global elite of puppetmasters that are pulling the strings in order to wipe out the West...they want us all to be serfs and beggars.

It's all there. One need only look at what is going on around us to see there is an agenda to create a complete underclass and a small handful of elite rulers.

It's happening before everyone's very eyes.
Another thing I forgot to mention - I used to watch a lot of evening news, and a trend I noticed probably a couple years ago is that rarely are the reporters on the nightly news not POCs anymore.

It's a very concerted effort to effect impressionable young (and ignorant) minds.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:22 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,095,613 times
Quote:
Another thing I forgot to mention - I used to watch a lot of evening news, and a trend I noticed probably a couple years ago is that rarely are the reporters on the nightly news not POCs anymore.

It's a very concerted effort to effect impressionable young (and ignorant) minds.
please address old and ignorant minds too!

Old 03-06-2019, 09:14 AM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:

Only to you having more people of color on the news a way to "affect impressionable and ignorant minds".

So what if there are more people of color on the news? I don't have a problem with that. No issues from me. I hardly ever watch the news.

Now, explain something to me. Why should I care if there are more Black, Hispanic, and Asian reporters on the news? Please explain how that is going to be of some harm to me. I'm waiting..............................

Old 03-06-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Only to you having more people of color on the news a way to "affect impressionable and ignorant minds".

So what if there are more people of color on the news? I don't have a problem with that. No issues from me. I hardly ever watch the news.

Now, explain something to me. Why should I care if there are more Black, Hispanic, and Asian reporters on the news? Please explain how that is going to be of some harm to me. I'm waiting..............................

It goes back to: this is entirely agenda-driven by a small handful of people at the top of the "news"/entertainment arm of American culture.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:13 AM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
It goes back to: this is entirely agenda-driven by a small handful of people at the top of the "news"/entertainment arm of American culture.
Again, I don't see where I'm being harmed by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies