Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you Anti-Vaxxer or Pro-Vaxxer and why?
Anti-Vaxxer 20 12.42%
Pro-Vaxxer 141 87.58%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 07:49 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Certainly something is in the vaccines that needs to be looked at. Vaccinations are good idea, but there is something going on with how they're being produced that may be deliberately or unintentionally harmful.
What harm? Which vaccines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
If the government/CDC and all of the "experts" say they are safe, then they MUST be safe! Have you ever known the government or "experts" to be wrong, inaccurate, mislead, lie, distort, misinform, disinform, have an agenda, etc?

I didn't think so!!
The experts are from around the world. Such a conspiracy is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Tell that to the thousands of military and civilians that had stuff tested on them without their knowledge...There are quite a few instances of this happening.

As to the flu vaccine...most have thimerosal, which contains stuff I don't want injected into my body on the chance that out of hundreds of strains of flu, the 3-5 strains covered each year are going to be the one going around. Now, if it covered 90%, maybe...besides, I've only ever gotten the flu one time. It was bad and it was right after getting the vaccine....the one time I got the shot I got sick as can be.

Also, the flu numbers are greatly inflated. Doctors often say flu, but only less than 20% of cases sent to lab confirm flu...the rest are usually common cold.
Modern informed consent regulations for medication research are quite stringent.

No, "most" flu vaccines do not contain thimerosal, which is not harmful. If you want flu vaccine without it, just ask for the single dose form, which contains no preservative.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaxsupply.htm

"More than 80 percent of projected vaccine supply produced for the 2018-2019 flu season will be thimerosal-free (i.e., preservative-free)."

The shot contains no live virus. It cannot give you flu. However, when your immune system reacts to the vaccine it can cause fever and muscle aches for a few days. When you get an infection, the symptoms you have are due to the immune response. If the dead or weakened organisms in the vaccine make you feel bad, what do you think the real, full strength, live organisms would do?

If you did have flu "right after getting the vaccine" it was because the vaccine needs two weeks to work or you got a strain not covered by the vaccine. It amazes me that the predictions by the experts are more often right than wrong.

There is a lot of research on a universal flu vaccine that we would not need to take every year. Until then we should make better use of the one we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
(Snipped for relevance to response).

That's not true. That's why you have to have "boosters" with vaccines.

If you get chicken pox, you're done, you don't have to keep up with boosters.

If you got the vaccine instead of having the disease, you have to get boosters, and it's appearing it's as early as 7 years after the vaccine.

So kids who were vaxxed for chicken pox started getting the disease 7 years after having the shot. Because it wore off.
A source for your info?

I posted this earlier. Apparently you missed it:

https://vaxopedia.org/2017/04/10/how...vaccines-last/

"the chicken pox vaccine provides protection for at least 20 years"

It is possible to get chicken pox again, though it is uncommon. In order to become immune to chicken pox by having the disease and you have to get sick, sometimes very sick.

At this time there is no requirement for a booster dose of chicken pox vaccine and no evidence that one will be needed. If it is, what's the big deal about getting a booster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I’m in the middle about this just because said shot has helped 100 people doesn’t mean it will help everyone.
My wife’s an licensed herblist and I’m more likely take what she gives me first. As I have stated before I have been military contractor in the past and there’s no way no in hell I’m going to get any more shots. If not TRULY needed.

Once again if said vaccination works don’t worry about the rest of us.
What is "TRULY needed"? The reason unvaccinated people do not get sick is due to the fact that most people do, producing herd immunity.

The reason there is "worry about the rest of" you is because there are people too young to be vaccinated, a small percentage of those who are not protected by their vaccines, and those whose immune systems do not work properly. Increasing numbers of folks who refuse to vaccinate and who live in communities of others who do not vaccinate are threatening herd immunity, and that endangers a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
What people keep missing here is the trust issue. We can't trust our own government and we can't trust the medical industry. No matter where you fall on the political spectrum, you can see an overwhelming amount of lies.

It's really not about vaccines. It's about trust.

Our distrust in the medical industries and the government are both well founded. In fact, I think we still trust both way too much.
Not using vaccines because you do not trust the "medical industries and the government" is cutting off your nose to spite your face I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How about flu, and chicken pox?
What about them?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:53 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
I am pro vaccines. That said I also feel that we don't put nearly enough resources into finding out what the real root cause of Autism spectrum disorders are caused by. Find out the real causes and drive out the myths.

You will always have the ignorant who refuse to learn or adapt. The rest of us however need to move on from them and not accept a pharmaceutical company's word. The CDC? Questionable.

There are many questions with answers that are lacking. Why do some have adverse reactions to immunizations or vaccines and others dont?m. Research is needed because the answer that "some people just react differently" isn't good enough.

I avoid flu shots. 3 out of the last 4 times my arm swelled up and I got sick. Why? My doctor said "well some people react differently". His answer which this last time got him fired.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:53 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,124,080 times
Quote:
There was a consensus among doctors...

Besides, you're missing the point. OP used the appeal to authority to deflect from my point....it's a weak response when there is none!

Fact is, I don't just trust the Government and I accept or reject vax's based on my own judgement of value.
If you are ill all you need to do is go to a cashier for medical consultation and write you a prescription

Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM

334 posts, read 227,559 times
Pro vaccine - because I understand science in general and immunology in particular.
Pro-mandatory vaccine - because it is important to protect those with a real inability to get some vaccines (medial only, none of this personal choice, religious choice BS)

Old 03-17-2019, 08:02 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoplasmic View Post
Pro vaccine - because I understand science in general and immunology in particular.
Pro-mandatory vaccine - because it is important to protect those with a real inability to get some vaccines (medial only, none of this personal choice, religious choice BS)
Yes, lets make us all subjects to an authoritarian regime...that sounds fun!

Old 03-17-2019, 08:24 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am pro vaccines. That said I also feel that we don't put nearly enough resources into finding out what the real root cause of Autism spectrum disorders are caused by. Find out the real causes and drive out the myths.

You will always have the ignorant who refuse to learn or adapt. The rest of us however need to move on from them and not accept a pharmaceutical company's word. The CDC? Questionable.

There are many questions with answers that are lacking. Why do some have adverse reactions to immunizations or vaccines and others dont?m. Research is needed because the answer that "some people just react differently" isn't good enough.

I avoid flu shots. 3 out of the last 4 times my arm swelled up and I got sick. Why? My doctor said "well some people react differently". His answer which this last time got him fired.
I suspect the reason we haven't found the "root cause" of autism is because there are probably thousands of causes - in concert with one another - that have the aggregate effect of an increase in autism.

People like easy singular scapegoats, and vaccines are the newest scapegoat.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:25 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,462,073 times
Poorly designed poll. I am for accurate non biased science, - NOT CORPORATE bought and paid for scientific findings to increase revenue $treams.

Do you believe when Pharma Corporations fund research that the research is accurate and that if negative findings result that they will be published if they do not support the companies funding them?

Do you believe the government agency responsible for validating the efficacy of the immunization safety schedule has violated its OWN promise 31 times, cares about the individual safety of those being given the drugs?

In 2007 the government's own witness Dr Andrew Zimmerman told the governments attorney at least 30 percent of autism was due to vaccines.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...link-to-autism

In 1986 The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act was passed which gave pharmaceutical companies complete immunity for damages caused by their products.

STOP and think about this and what it means systemically.

People need to educate themselves on the topic as the Pharma companies in their massive public relations marketing campaigns have tried to kill dialogue on the efficacy of their products. Note, observe how much of the ads on regular mass media programming is aimed to sell you something to fix some ill. Then ask yourself based on the above facts whether they really care about people or their product revenue streams more?

Old 03-17-2019, 08:27 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Pro, I believe in modern medicine. Seriously, I had ancestors that died from diseases we now have vaccines for.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:33 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,124,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Pro, I believe in modern medicine. Seriously, I had ancestors that died from diseases we now have vaccines for.
Quote:
Yes, lets make us all subjects to an authoritarian regime

Old 03-17-2019, 08:54 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Herd immunity, there's math involved. Yes, I blindly trust mathematicians. Not sure what herbalists do.
Think of them like early day pharmacist except they tend to grow thier own meds, you know before big pharmaceutical companies came to the rescue.

I don’t trust the math even more knowing where those numbers come from. We’ve been together almost six years now and other then getting a headache from time to time. I haven’t been sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.