Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 02:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,234,353 times

Advertisements

Good citizenship (adhering to the intent and purpose of the Constitution and respecting the values of minarchy proposed by the Founders).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 02:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,704,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the one social issue that affects my vote is party sanctioned racial hatred. the political party that is anti-white and anti-jewish ain't gettin' my vote.
Would you ask Jewish folks which party that is...or do you know better than they do?

"WASHINGTON – An overwhelming majority of American Jews plan to vote for Democratic candidates in the upcoming midterm elections, according to a new poll released Wednesday. President Donald Trump’s policies on the Israeli-Palestinian issue have garnered him almost no additional Jewish support, the poll concluded."

"80% Of Jews Vote Democratic — Far More Than Other Faiths "

I guess the choice is clear then!

Old 03-29-2019, 02:29 PM

2,486 posts, read 827,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
In other words, what issue must a candidate be for or against in order for you to vote for him or her? (Okay, fine, you can say more than one.)

Personally, I would not vote for any candidate who was not pro-choice up to some point between the 12th and 23rd week of pregnancy, and in extreme cases -- probable death of mother, non-viable fetus, etc. -- after that time.

Close the border!

Retired contractor here, I know exactly how the trades have been screwed for decades!

Old 03-29-2019, 02:39 PM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
This.
Abortion rights for women are in serious danger, the likelihood of Roe V Wade being overturned is very high. Many states have passed such laws that it makes it impossible for poor, working women to access safe abortions, having to go out of state or be away several days from work. Child abuse increases in places where abortion laws are so restrictive it is essentially banned. The Rights has started calling it infanticide shifting the power balance from women in control of their bodies to the govt. in control of their uterus.

This IS the one issue that is very important and it is not getting enough attention before it becomes too late.
WOW! This is breaking news for me! States have over-ruled the US Supreme Court??
Banned Abortions???

Which States have banned Abortions??
I'm sure you have several LINKS about that.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 10,537,284 times
Illegal immigration, I'm so sick of it.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:46 PM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Here are three issues that are important to me, in no special order:

Repealing Citizen's United and passing comprehensive campaign finance reform. It's time we stop putting our elected officials up for sale.

Gerrymandering. If not for this obscenity the make up of Congress would better reflect the true electorate.

Healthcare. We need to remove the greedy and useless insurance company middle men whose only concern is to suck up as much of the money that should go to actual healthcare as they possibly can. They serve no purpose except to try to deny people medical service while lining their pockets. They are useless money grubbers.
You need to read Nancy Pelosi's "health care" bill ..... and then get on your phone calls and emails.
It's all about bailouts for the Insurance Companies .... just as ObamaCare was.

THAT is the reason it's in Court and THAT is the reason if failed -- the wrote ACA so that it would prop up Hospitals and Insurance companies and they funded it by taking over the Student Loan programs.
Unfortunately for them (and the Insurance companies) -- they neglected to FUND those Annual Bailouts, the just promised they would pay them their subsidies.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:54 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,580,027 times
The main issue would be illegal immigration. It needs to stop NOW. I will vote for Trump again primarily due to the immigration issue.

I am pro-choice however, abortion is not a worrying issue for me. I don't believe abortions will become illegal. In fact, I would support abortion on demand. I think every child deserves to be wanted by loving, responsible parents. I would prefer (as a taxpayer) to pay for an abortion than to pay to raise a child for 18 years. Late term abortions are a different thing - I believe that decision would be between a woman and her doctor.

I also agree with some others about free speech. There are too many hateful, mean, angry people in this country. Also, everyone has the right to have their own opinion but not at the expense of others.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:54 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,238,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
^this

And human trafficking, which seems to go hand in hand with illegal immigration.

B.S.

Where is your stats that all, or most, of us feel that way?
Sure there are some who do feel that way, but many/most of us don't.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/154799/...l-morally.aspx

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ls-say-no.html

Personally, I do not care for abortion and I do not care for my tax dollars to go for abortion, which facilities like Planned Parenthood provides on the tax payers dime.

I fully support tax dollars for the other services that facilities like Planned Parenthood provides, such as sex education, health screenings, access to contraceptives, etc.

If people feel strongly about women having abortions, just because they can, then they can donate their money to support it.
Abortions are not paid with tax money at planned parenthood. That is the law for many years now.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,582,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Souci View Post
Bull. 95% of "Planned Parenthood" is infanticide. And they get half a Billion from the Gov't. Do the math.
No it’s not.

Last edited by thefragile; 03-29-2019 at 03:29 PM..

Old 03-29-2019, 03:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,295,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Would you ask Jewish folks which party that is...or do you know better than they do?

"WASHINGTON – An overwhelming majority of American Jews plan to vote for Democratic candidates in the upcoming midterm elections, according to a new poll released Wednesday. President Donald Trump’s policies on the Israeli-Palestinian issue have garnered him almost no additional Jewish support, the poll concluded."

"80% Of Jews Vote Democratic — Far More Than Other Faiths "

I guess the choice is clear then!
This meme basically is a great example of how Trump lies, Fox lies, and then all their followers and viewers repeat the lie. And he does this with everything he is and does, he tries to turn his own horrible traits and words on others, because he is so unoriginal, not creative and such a shallow thinker, he can't come up with his own ideas.

Fact is it is Trump supporters -- white supremacist types who are anti-semitic, and they know it. Richard Spencer organizes entire marches against Jews (and whatever other religions or ethnic groups he hates). David Duke organized KKK marches. He loves Trump.

Who was marching through Charlottesville chanting "Jews will not replace us"? That would be Trump's 'fine people.'

The one thing that is true is that Jews are not stupid. They know what he's up to. And they will continue to vote Dem, in part, because Jews have been through a lot of discriminatory actions and behavior, and very much believe in social justice. Jews are also very big on education and knowledge--so probably very unimpressed by that airhead Devos and her attempts to destroy the school system and Trump's entire non-education policy, complete with an anti-science slate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies