Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 03:28 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

The one thing that I have noted, for decades now, is that rarely do you have the field of psychology employed to examine the conditions of blacks in America. You will see experts brought out to give their opinions but rarely will you ever see anyone bring out a psychologist for expert testimony.....which is strange given the growth of psychological therapy...which can only come as a result of growing acceptance and efficacy of the field and profession. Yet.....you will have people used as experts, in all other fields, on the black condition except those trained to be experts in examining human behavior.

Well....here you go: I don't suffer under any illusions that people will be changed by what this person says, but I just want it to be known that when so many things are against your position, like historical facts, like logic, like trained professionals who study human behavior.....that you probably are on the wrong side of understanding.....and there has to be a reason that a person is compelled to stay on the wrong side in spite of all the evidence against their position.

Here is a snippet to understanding how blacks today are impacted by slavery still. Please....don't be guilty of employing the fallacy of division or composition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOr6kM_pvI

Here is the complete lecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGjSday7f_8

Old 04-09-2019, 03:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Translation: I'm losing the argument in the other thread and had to run off to find a new angle.

Here's what I think about the psychology of slavery. Black folks who are descendants of slaves should get psychological counseling at no charge.

There are your reparations.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:37 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Translation: I'm losing the argument in the other thread and had to run off to find a new angle.

Here's what I think about the psychology of slavery. Black folks who are descendants of slaves should get psychological counseling at no charge.

I’d agree to this, and nothing more.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:41 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The one thing that I have noted, for decades now, is that rarely do you have the field of psychology employed to examine the conditions of blacks in America. You will see experts brought out to give their opinions but rarely will you ever see anyone bring out a psychologist for expert testimony.....which is strange given the growth of psychological therapy...which can only come as a result of growing acceptance and efficacy of the field and profession. Yet.....you will have people used as experts, in all other fields, on the black condition except those trained to be experts in examining human behavior.

Well....here you go: I don't suffer under any illusions that people will be changed by what this person says, but I just want it to be known that when so many things are against your position, like historical facts, like logic, like trained professionals who study human behavior.....that you probably are on the wrong side of understanding.....and there has to be a reason that a person is compelled to stay on the wrong side in spite of all the evidence against their position.

Here is a snippet to understanding how blacks today are impacted by slavery still. Please....don't be guilty of employing the fallacy of division or composition.

I am still traumatized since other Christians were fed to the lions by the Romans. I haven't been able to pet a cat in decades.

Whenever I walk into a football stadium, I fear the Romans in the crowd will throw me on the field and feed me to the mascots. Do yo know what it is like to go through life fearing a Northwestern Wildcat? No one else fears Northwestern except me- I am a victim.

I need reparations.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

How does one objectively determine who is winning or losing a debate? What points did any of you make that demonstrated that I lost? I simply started another thread because I wanted to have what this person says have the attention. What she says is what I and most people who are aware of the history knows....but I love how she presented it.

Don't pat yourselves on the back....you might injure yourselves.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am still traumatized since other Christians were fed to the lions by the Romans. I haven't been able to pet a cat in decades.

Whenever I walk into a football stadium, I fear the Romans in the crowd will throw me on the field and feed me to the mascots. Do yo know what it is like to go through life fearing a Northwestern Wildcat? No one else fears Northwestern except me- I am a victim.

I need reparations.

I think you got over that by inflicting the trauma that you felt upon others.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:55 PM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Reparations is a ridiculous idea tossed about by the feel good Democrats in order to stir up and motivate potential voters to get off their butts.

The Reps or Trump actually is challenging people to make their own way in the world while the Dems keep on shoveling the Free stuff angle.

If any reparations are to be made the tax payers should not be on the hook. We need to see family trees that prove lineage that can be traced back to 1865. We cannot just hand money to every black person in America because the country was divided during the days of slavery. The North and West states and territories did not keep slaves so any one that had ancestors living there need not apply. We also need to see DNA tests to determine how black someone is. If they are mixed up with a non black person then they should only receive the percentage of reparations that their blood indicates.

The Tax payers should not be made to hand out a blanket payment. I believe that anyone that can prove their ancestor was a slave should actually sue the descendants of the family that held their descendants in bondage. If that family has since gone bankrupt then you get nothing.

My family never had slaves and I don't suffer from "white guilt" so why should my tax dollars be used for this blanket apology?

My wife is from Ireland and her descendants were once treated as slaves and discriminated against. There were signs back in the day that read "No Blacks and No Irish" Should she get in line for her payout?

Reparations is a political ploy used by the Left to pander for votes.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:06 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
Penalizing people who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery to offer compensation to people who had nothing to do with slavery is pretty much peak stupid. I really think the reparations argument is that simple.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:10 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Never gonna happen.

Just more Dems promising free stuff for votes.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Penalizing people who had absolutely nothing to do with slavery to offer compensation to people who had nothing to do with slavery is pretty much peak stupid. I really think the reparations argument is that simple.

Why do you look at it like you are being punished as opposed to an opportunity to help a group of people that appear to be hurting? I mean.....would it not benefit the country of the issues with blacks could be fixed and it results in long term economic parity? Would that not be a decrease in blacks on welfare, a decrease in black crime, an increase of blacks purchasing power and spending (which would increase GDP and revenue into man white businesses)? If reparations were to produce a long term return on investment....like the Marshall Plan for Europe or how we helped Japan after Japan attacked the US and how we helped Germany after Germany attacked our allies.....yet, you are not willing to help the people that this country attacked?

That sounds to me like a person wants to see black people in a struggling position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies