Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:58 AM

51,737 posts, read 26,035,915 times

Advertisements

I watched the video and listened to what Owens said. She clearly defended Hitler and stated his nationalist program was just fine as long as it stayed in Germany.

This would be the Hitler that sent Germans to concentration camps, stole their possessions, burnt books and churches, ...

She fumed that the entire clip would show that she was asked about nationalism and that it was her belief that Hitler was not a nationalist. Though why she used him as an example of nationalism is somewhat of a mystery.

She stated “I think it’s pretty apparent that Mr. Lieu believes that black people are stupid."

Though she certainly came across as a fool, there was nothing here about all black people being stupid.

Why in the world did Republicans pick Owens as a witness? Why not Diamond and Silk? At least they are entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 06:10 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,867,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't understand why this person has any credibility from folks.

I had never heard of her until you folks talked about her and now this.

Who is she?
What has she done with her life?

Why do you seem to think she is some kind of leader?
Like you, she is a person with opinion and freedom of speech. Many people are interested in what she has to say.
She is outspoken against black people being used by the Democrat Party for votes when they do nothing to help them once they have their vote.
She is using her voice to help to awaken those who have automatically voted Democrat without questioning why.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:28 AM

51,737 posts, read 26,035,915 times
She is indeed a person with an opinion which she expresses at the right-wing advocacy group Turning Point USA, of which Ginni Thomas, wife of Justice Thomas, serves on the advisory board.

Employees and volunteers of the organization have stated they witnessed coordination with the 2016 elections that included Ginni Thomas.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,093,201 times
That - Ms Owen's words noted in your post #38 - was not praise, as such, for Hitler himself. Her words, citing him and his approach, described the difference between nationalism and globalism. Duh. You are guilty of Pavlovian knee jerk reaction to the very mention of Heir Hitler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
this is what she said:

Old 04-10-2019, 06:39 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,823,633 times
They wanted Republicans to seat a white nationalist on the panel. Instead they got an underground railroad supporter.
Notice them trying to get her back on their plantation and put her in check? LOL! How did that workout for them?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:44 AM

5,739 posts, read 3,273,925 times
Good for her. I watched other clips of the hearing and she is basically turning the democrats on their collective ears! What she said is nothing new and what people have been saying about the democratic party for the last 15+ years. We need more people like Candace Owens in the black community to rise up and speak about how the democrats use them as political pawns by stirring up false narratives.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:46 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,093,201 times
Ugh, Sandra Fluke at Pelosi's fake hearing, err, press gathering? Citation of historical person is not condoning. As 2sleepy, you are guilty of Pavlovian response. The focus was very narrow, not inclusive, describing a difference between two words; nationalist and globalism.

Your response, *broadening not only her words, but intent, is tantamount to condemning U.S. Grant as a recalcitrant drunk, while ignoring, denying his many accomplishments, not only as a military general, but also proponent of and actuator of reconstruction, including what was the beginning of civil rights for the former slave population. The whole cloth is who we all are, some good, some not so good, so horrific.

Quit with the manipulation*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I watched the video and listened to what Owens said. She clearly defended Hitler and stated his nationalist program was just fine as long as it stayed in Germany.

This would be the Hitler that sent Germans to concentration camps, stole their possessions, burnt books and churches, ...

She fumed that the entire clip would show that she was asked about nationalism and that it was her belief that Hitler was not a nationalist. Though why she used him as an example of nationalism is somewhat of a mystery.

She stated “I think it’s pretty apparent that Mr. Lieu believes that black people are stupid."

Though she certainly came across as a fool, there was nothing here about all black people being stupid.

Why in the world did Republicans pick Owens as a witness? Why not Diamond and Silk? At least they are entertaining.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 AM

22,168 posts, read 9,730,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Maybe you believe everyone should be sheep and play along with a flawed false narrative.

She decided to counter it.

Maybe you should ask why others are offended by what she says...

... and why is Congress taking the time to question her?

I am not responding anymore to the 5 people who obviously never think, but just post negatively about any conservative, even ones they have never heard of. Don't insult your own intelligence by bothering with these people.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:07 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,460,710 times
Candace Owens is being used by the radical right the same way Kanye was used. He was praised for his support of the president. Now that he has seen the truth and light, some of the president's supporters won't mention his name. We have seen this over and over again. Candace is free to be a Republican. That's not the issue but her extreme views and lies are exposing her and she can't be taken seriously. She is another one of the many faces that represent this lying administration, nothing more. Most folks will continue to ignore her like the foolishness she displayed in her testimony deserves. She is accomplishing her come up within the GOP party though.

Just because someone can articulate lies well doesn't make their lies factual. It doesn't make them intelligent either. Democrats have seen this show before with Omarosa and Kanye. We know how this turns out when people are the face of this lying administration.

Saying 'I've been used,' Kanye West distances himself from politics
Quote:
“My eyes are now wide open and now realize I’ve been used to spread messages I don’t believe in. I am distancing myself from politics and completely focusing on being creative!!!” West tweeted, without mentioning Trump, who is a Republican, or any other names.
Quote:
West, 41, was linked to the campaign after its leader, conservative activist Candace Owens, said he had designed the logo for the movement’s hats and T-shirts.
“I introduced Candace to the person who made the logo and they didn’t want their name on it so she used mine,” West tweeted on Tuesday. “I have nothing to do with it.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN1N42Z9

Omarosa: 'Very clear' Trump is a racist
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40...mp-is-a-racist

If anyone is peddling lies, it's CO.
Candace Owens wrongly called GOP’s Southern strategy a ‘myth’
Quote:
Owens, who tried to diminish the rise of white nationalism as an invention by Democrats to “scare black people,” said there had never been a Republican effort to use racism to the party’s political advantage.
Quote:
But the political realignment that began as a result of the civil rights movement in the 1960s is well established. Republicans wooed Southern whites who had long been Democrats, while Democrats embraced policies supportive of African Americans.

In fact, when Ken Mehlman was Republican National Committee chairman, he effectively apologized for that political strategy at the 2005 NAACP national convention. “Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong,” Mehlman said in prepared remarks.

In a then-anonymous 1981 interview with a political scientist, Lee Atwater, a political adviser in the Reagan White House, explained the evolution of the “Southern strategy,” which he said started as overt racism and evolved into the adoption of fiscal policies wherein “blacks get hurt worse than whites.”
According to Joseph Aistrup’s book “The Southern Strategy Revisted,” President Ronald Reagan spoke about “welfare queens” and dependence on food stamps in veiled references to black people as he campaigned for Southern white votes.

Ava DuVernay, the filmmaker who directed the documentary “13th,” about the African American experience in the United States, shared on Twitter a clip from her movie that plays Atwater’s interview.

DuVernay called Owens’s comments “white nationalist revisionist garbage.”

“And,” she wrote, “the marathon continues.”

https://www.nytimes.com/?module=Sect...ype=Multimedia

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes (2005)

Quote:
It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong.
RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

CO is destroying her image and effective GOP outreach.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:11 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,823,633 times
The House Boy was trying to round Candice up... Not knowing Candice is running the underground Railroad.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wha...ty-impact-2020
Candace Owens explains plan to lead ‘black exit’ from Democratic Party, impact 2020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies