Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 01:38 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,167 times

Advertisements

480 cycles over her fertile lifetime, and never have an abortion/ miscarriage is pretty amazing. Ya'all need to think positive. Fellas, please continue to keep condoms in your wallets, choose your partners wisely and choose carefully who you impregnate - cause those are your only choices - after that, it's hers as dictated by biology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 03:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not property, part of the woman's medical condition. Do you consider your uterus or ear or finger property?
So maybe "why's it a crime when a stranger cuts off my finger (mayhem) but not a crime when I do?"
The criminal charges in fetal homicide laws are usually murder or manslaughter, homicide, the unlawful killing of one human by another. If a fetus is compared to property, as someone did, the crime should be compared to property crimes. If someone cuts off your ear or finger, the charge isn't homicide.

These laws give a fetus a special status that goes beyond any other 'medical condition,' property, or other description you choose for it.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
While Ohio and a few other states try to ban abortion, a South Korea court has ordered that country to lift its ban on abortion. That adds Korea, besides Ireland, as another country able to see how wrong and immoral it is to have a ban on abortion in these modern times. It's not what freedom for women is about. Meanwhile, people in the USA who want to give women the death penalty or life in prison are trying to drag us back to the Dark Ages at a time when ignorance and superstition ruled.

http://time.com/5568461/south-korea-...-ban-overturn/

Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Great news. It bans abortion when a heartbeat is detected. Aborting early in the pregnancy is one thing but when a heartbeat is detected? That’s murder
This goes against God and the Bible. Life starts when breath is drawn.

Genesis 2:7, NIV: "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Old 04-15-2019, 07:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

Genesis 2:7, NIV: "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
So true. No wonder abortion was never banned in the bible or even treated as murder when a man made a woman have an abortion. Instead, the situation was regarded as a loss of property, punishment payable with a fine to the woman's husband.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's not a Straw Man. A Straw Man is a differently twisted misrepresentation. If you want an example, then read the fore-going by ClaraC, who completely misrepresented what I said.

Do you not understand the difference between taxes and insurance premiums?

One is involuntary and the other voluntary.

For the record, I do not purchase health insurance.
For the record, it is when insurance would cover it and your insurance (not you specifically) while you don't want your taxes paying for it. Mind you many in the thread debunked that Planned Parenthood's sole purpose is abortion. I often find in arguments people try to say "Oh I didn't do that" to avoid the argument.

Quote:
The US did not become a two-car country until 1974, when 51% of households had two or more cars.

Why Danish women are seeking abortions in Norway

In Denmark, pregnant women are allowed to reduce the number of foetuses to two, but not to one unless there are health risks.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20170105/why...ions-in-norway

I guess that makes Danish women a helluva lot smarter than American women, who are apparently too damn stupid to drive or take a bus to another State where abortions are legal.
What does a two car garage have to do with back alley abortions? This really is a straw argument. Also who's to say the next state over REALLY does allow abortions if it is

Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
These pro-lifers are not pro-life, they're all about controlling women.
I agree.

There are MANY prolifers (and I'll just say it, they're usually men) who want to punish women who consent to sex but don't want to carry a baby.

I do empathize with those who value the life of the baby. I feel the same way. I value babies too.

But it really, really creeps me out when I read things like if you don't want to be pregnant don't spread your legs.

That's just punitive and creepy.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

The Bible refers to "the quick and the dead". Babies are "quick" when the mother feels movement, about 20 weeks (although, an aside, I felt babies at about 10 weeks, but whatever).

The Bible also refers to babies leaping in their mother's wombs. The Bible doesn't espouse that a baby gains life at full term birth when the first breath is drawn. It's much earlier than that. Life begins when movement happens in the womb.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree.

There are MANY prolifers (and I'll just say it, they're usually men) who want to punish women who consent to sex but don't want to carry a baby.

I do empathize with those who value the life of the baby. I feel the same way. I value babies too.

But it really, really creeps me out when I read things like if you don't want to be pregnant don't spread your legs.

That's just punitive and creepy.
The worst thing about pro-life is often it ends when the baby is born. They complain about healthcare costs of the baby that was previously valued as a fetus.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
They love the fetus, but don't give a damn about children in cages at the border. Pathetic. They are obsessed with controlling women.
I wish the mothers of those children in cages practiced some self-control all right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies