Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 09:38 AM

27,191 posts, read 13,482,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Apparently genius, they didn’t.
The Fire Services in Parisan inner suburbs and certain sites of national strategic importance are part of the French Army, whilst in Marseille they are part of the French Navy. The rest of France has civilian fire services organized, supervised and trained by the French Ministry of the Interior; specifically, they fall under the Civil Defence and Security Directorate.

The French Fire Brigade is generally very well equipped.

Paris Fire Brigade - Wikipedia

Fire services in France - Wikipedia

Marseille Naval Fire Battalion - Wikipedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 09:41 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Seems like the cathedral was not maintained properly over the years, ironic that this fire happened when they finally got around to repair. Reminds me of the museum in Brazil last year that was completely destroyed, priceless artifacts lost forever because of complete neglect.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:43 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Hey, it only took 3 posts for the lunatic ‘blame Trump for everything’ fringe to chime in. What a bunch of losers.
Wow--3 posts--that has to be some kind of TDS record! Im surprised they dont blame Trump for withdraw from the Paris accords as the reason the church burned..

Old 04-16-2019, 09:48 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Seems like the cathedral was not maintained properly over the years, ironic that this fire happened when they finally got around to repair. Reminds me of the museum in Brazil last year that was completely destroyed, priceless artifacts lost forever because of complete neglect.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion as the church is 800 years old, much older than anything in Brazil. Renovations have been done throughout the centuries with the technology that was available at the time while trying to keep it's original structure intact as much as possible. The current work that was being done is part of that. To do otherwise would mean it would be under almost constant renovation. There was never any issue of the building being structurally sound. France is not Brazil.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
9/11 happened because lots of people in the middle east believe America needs to be eradicated in the most brutal way possible.
We attack them, they retaliate. That's how it works.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:53 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Hey, it only took 3 posts for the lunatic ‘blame Trump for everything’ fringe to chime in. What a bunch of losers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow--3 posts--that has to be some kind of TDS record! Im surprised they dont blame Trump for withdraw from the Paris accords as the reason the church burned..
Maybe he should just keep his big mouth shut!

Old 04-16-2019, 09:54 AM

I am so happy that the millionaires of France are contributing millions to the rebuild:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/16/busin...ion/index.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-of-...ld-notre-dame/

Old 04-16-2019, 10:03 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Tucker Carlson is right - why bother rebuilding it? France has one of the most aggresive anti-Christian socities in the West. Why even bother? They love atheism so much - they love Islam/Muslims so much. They really should build a Mosque in its place - it would make more sense.

And am I the only one who thinks this could be Islamic terrorism? That was my first thought.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Tucker Carlson is right - why bother rebuilding it? France has one of the most aggresive anti-Christian socities in the West. Why even bother? They love atheism so much - they love Islam/Muslims so much. They really should build a Mosque in its place - it would make more sense.

And am I the only one who thinks this could be Islamic terrorism? That was my first thought.
You're late man!

Just look at the first page of this thread, they were already trying to pin this on Muslims...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is hardly a new phenomenon over the last couple of years. Catholic churches have been under attack ever since the import of Muslims to France.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attac...statue-1370800

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-phillipe-isis

https://catholicherald.co.uk/news/20...hurch-attacks/

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/02/f...last-two-weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sick.

This is excellent timing to attack this iconic Catholic cathedral, right before Easter.

I'm sure Macron will say something stupid.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:07 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

Notre Dame probably means as much to the French, if not more than the Statue of Liberty does to Americans. No, it's not terrorism of any flavor. It's very likely an industrial accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies