Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Which terrorist country do we attack first, Iran or Saudi Arabia?
I guess Saudi Arabia has brought us off so we went with Iran.
The US is nothing but Saudi Arabia's proxy in the 1400-year-long war between the Sunnis and the Shiites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 09:41 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
It is sickening to me just how lopsided the reporting is on Iran by US media outlets. They are universally criticizing Bolton while completely ignoring Iran. They never question Iran, it's always big bad Trump and warmonger Bolton.

Iran has had a troubled history with the US that extends far beyond Trump's term in office. Now, all of a sudden, Iran is the innocent angel, and Trump and Bolton are the bad guys. Does anyone else not see this?
Yes, their troubled history with the US starts with the US assassinating their first elected president, then installing and supporting a ruthless dictator.

Let's not forget the US shooting down an Iranian civilian jumbo jet and killing 300 civilians.

Or the STUXNET cyber attack.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:42 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Of course that "troubled history" has nothing to do with US intervention in their affairs.

Cry us a river.

And thanks for your service
Yeah we should just leave everyone alone, right? Then we can all live in peace and sing kumbaya. Surely there will be no more wars in the world, and no country wanting to rise to power.

Please, wake up.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I already have. Desert Storm. I was there. Were you? So I have earned the right to say what I want. You say what you want because of people like me.

So, I am all for taking out the mad mullahs in Iran.
Then you are welcomed to go back and fight again. Let those who think this is a good idea be the ones to man the front lines. Most Americans want nothing to do with yet another unwinnable Middle East war that does nothing but kill our troops and suck our treasury dry. We are still paying for Bush's folly, and will be for generations to come. I'm not willing to squander thousands of American and Iranian lives and trillions of our tax dollars on yet another stupid foray into the area.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:50 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
I still don't understand how this fits into what Trump ran on. The 1 thing I was banking on with Trump was the end to stupid wars and aggression. His support across Middle America is strong in heavy military areas and many of those families have service members and don't want to send them to the Middle East again.

I was wrong about Trump, we will see if I was wrong about military families in the Mid-America. Here in my neck of the woods, we are pretty tired of going back to the Middle East with no real aim.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:59 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
why do we need to spill more American blood in these other countries? Bolton is a draft dodger trying to get us in another war. What could we do with the money we spend on these wars? We will go bankrupt trying to put out fires all over the world. When are we going to learn? We need these politicians to put their kids in the service. They have nothing to lose by letting your kids die.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:11 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
I still don't understand how this fits into what Trump ran on. The 1 thing I was banking on with Trump was the end to stupid wars and aggression. His support across Middle America is strong in heavy military areas and many of those families have service members and don't want to send them to the Middle East again.

I was wrong about Trump, we will see if I was wrong about military families in the Mid-America. Here in my neck of the woods, we are pretty tired of going back to the Middle East with no real aim.
Very true.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:15 AM

27,571 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
On Monday, the Trump administration accused Iran and militias that it backs of threatening American troops, and Iran signaled it might soon violate part of the 2015 nuclear deal it reached under former President Barack Obama. Great. Now the Toddler-in-Chief has an itchy trigger finger and warhawk John Bolton is egging him on. What could go wrong?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/06/w...q-troops-.html
Iran has been a rogue and terrorist nation in the world for decades.

Unfortunately, a US attack on Iran may be inevitable as a last resort. Nations are like people. Sometimes, they never learn.

But it should only be done with unanimous NATO approval.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:16 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
On Monday, the Trump administration accused Iran and militias that it backs of threatening American troops, and Iran signaled it might soon violate part of the 2015 nuclear deal it reached under former President Barack Obama. Great. Now the Toddler-in-Chief has an itchy trigger finger and warhawk John Bolton is egging him on. What could go wrong?
What's the problem?

Conflict with Iran is inevitable. Period. End of story.

Why?

Because that's the Plan. That has always been the Plan.

Elect Robert de Niro as President if you want. You can elect Kamala Harris, Pocahontas, Buttgoogle, Yang, Bono, Edge, Taylor Swift, Chef Gordon Ramsey, the Swedish Chef, Bert & Ernie, Big-Bird, the Pope, Mother Teresa, your own mother even.

It doesn't matter. When the time comes, it will happen, and nobody can stop it.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:17 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:

Trump has done more to end conflict and de-escalate than any other president this century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies